Anybody watch UFC last night?

Buffalo716

Jiri might be one of my favorite new fighters. Amirkhani’s opponent was trash, but he looked good.  Rose Namajunas and Ribas are both savages.  Very entertaining fights last night.  

Regarding Usman, it wasn’t exciting but what was he supposed to do?  I thought he fought an excellent fight.  Going toe to toe with Masvidal would have been like playing 9 in the box against Pat Mahomes.  Not smart.  You want boxing, and grappling pisses you off, then the UFC is not for you ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Jiri might be one of my favorite new fighters. Amirkhani’s opponent was trash, but he looked good.  Rose Namajunas and Ribas are both savages.  Very entertaining fights last night.  

Regarding Usman, it wasn’t exciting but what was he supposed to do?  I thought he fought an excellent fight.  Going toe to toe with Masvidal would have been like playing 9 in the box against Pat Mahomes.  Not smart.  You want boxing, and grappling pisses you off, then the UFC is not for you ??‍♂️

Oh I totally understand that. It's a brilliant strategy and I always tell my friends who just want brawling to watch Muay Thai or kickboxing

But it's really not as entertaining as standing toe-to-toe in the middle of octagon if you're being honest

It's not like there was any high-level Jiu-Jitsu or wrestling going on, just a lot of outmuscling and wearing down your opponent. Which was a brilliant strategy, just not as entertaining as the other fights

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Oh I totally understand that. It's a brilliant strategy and I always tell my friends who just want brawling to watch Muay Thai or kickboxing

But it's really not as entertaining as standing toe-to-toe in the middle of octagon if you're being honest

Nothing more entertaining than an all out slug fest, yes.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.  If you’re really a UFC fan, you walk away thinking Usman put on a perfect performance last night.  I see a lot of Usman criticism on Twitter today.  Dafuq did people expect? 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Nothing more entertaining than an all out slug fest, yes.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.  If you’re really a UFC fan, you walk away thinking Usman put on a perfect performance last night.  I see a lot of Usman criticism on Twitter today.  Dafuq did people expect? 

I've been watching literally since UFC 1 which was a tournament and I love mixed martial arts

As a longtime fan and somebody who has also practiced some martial arts, I could easily separate what's really entertaining and what's a brilliant performance

Usman had a brilliant strategy and performance because he's a champion and the only thing that matters technically is winning

As for putting on a show, it's not really the greatest

But you can't fault the world champion for having a game plan to win a fight

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've been watching literally since UFC 1 which was a tournament and I love mixed martial arts

As a longtime fan and somebody who has also practiced some martial arts, I could easily separate what's really entertaining and what's a brilliant performance

Usman had a brilliant strategy and performance because he's a champion and the only thing that matters technically is winning

As for putting on a show, it's not really the greatest

But you can't fault the world champion for having a game plan to win a fight

I hear ya.  How annoyingly good was Jiri though?  I can’t wait to watch him again.  Talk about putting on a show.  Dude wants to do nothing but throw haymakers.  Can’t wait to see him fight again.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I hear ya.  How annoyingly good was Jiri though?  I can’t wait to watch him again.  Talk about putting on a show.  Dude wants to do nothing but throw haymakers.  Can’t wait to see him fight again.

Yeah he already wants a title fight lol

His striking was real impressive and he literally knocked the dude out cold AND he had the grace to not throw another bomb in

Jab sharp hook combo was beautiful