Signed program from super bowl years

I have a question and want to get some opinions. I have a signed program and I’m wondering what you guys think it might be worth.

The players that signed the program are Bruce, Jimbo, Thurman, Reed, Howard Ballard, Mark Kelso, JD Williams, Frank Reich, and a few others. 

what do you think? 

Phil Hansen, Biscuit, and Talley are also on the program. 

Edited by whorlnut

Worthless, you should just give it to me... ?

• Haha (+1) 7

Just now, Gugny said:

Does it have a certificate of authenticity?  

Unfortunately it does not. It was a gift from my best friend at the time. His step mom knew one of Kelso’s family members and he got the program signed. 

The ironic thing is that it’s on the back of the program over a Marlboro ad. The silhouette of Sam Darnold’s grandfather. Haha. 

1FA77B82-6B42-4C31-9DCA-9CDF6D3E6028.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

The nationwide value is more than likely very low, one to two hundred bucks (more had they won one). However,  that value grows exponentially to some rabid Bills fan 

GO BILLS!

Edited by fl az fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Unless you get a legit certification, it's not worth much.  

Im in the hobby, the problem is too many fakes nowadays so it has to be certified.  If you put it on eBay, probably 50 bucks without certification.  I'd just keep it and enjoy it unless you pay for certification.  Bills not a huge market either. 

• Like (+1) 1

So this is now craigslist?  Just kidding, good luck, but curiously, you seem to be a bills nut like the rest of us.  Why sell it?  I’d keep and frame on my office wall.  If you work remotely like me I’d have an opportunity to take a gander every once in awhile when my boss would be a pain in the ars, as I’m sure my employees would say about me.

4 hours ago, fl az fan said:

The nationwide value is more than likely very low, one to two hundred bucks (more had they won one). However,  that value grows exponentially to some rabid Bills fan 

GO BILLS!

$100 to $200? No. Not even close. I’d call $50 a big win. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

14 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Priceless. 

(Rabid fan calling in with biased opinion) :flirt:

Lol

But kidding aside there’s definitely certain things people hold more dear/you can’t price tags on.

The Marlboro ad is cool as well.  I think if the OP tried hard enough he can find a Bills fan willing to pay out some serious $$$ for it 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Lol

But kidding aside there’s definitely certain things people hold more dear/you can’t price tags on.

The Marlboro ad is cool as well.  I think if the OP tried hard enough he can find a Bills fan willing to pay out some serious $$$ for it 

I actually see the marlboro add affecting value in the negative. 

Most people want to be able to display, typically signatures are next to the player or something to do with the team. 

I’m certainly wouldn’t want a Marlboro ad displayed in many of my rooms. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Most people want to be able to display, typically signatures are next to the player or something to do with the team. 

All depends on the person I guess.

To me it’d remind me of when you can actually see cigarette ads.  

• Like (+1) 1

Back in the 1994 season, I decided to try to get a football card autographed by every single player who had a card, and was on one of the Bills Super Bowl teams.  I sent cards in the mail to each one of them.  It was 36 different players.  You know, every single one of them wrote back, within a year (except Bruce took about 2 years).  The lone holdout was Mark Kelso.  I ended up trying him 3 different times, with no result.  imagine that, big-timed by Mark Kelso!

Edited by Buftex
  • Haha (+1) 2

You can send it in to PSA or Beckett to get certified. It might cost you $50 though. I actually think your biggest issue is it being signed on the back. I think most people would rather display the front than an ad. You might be able to get another program and frame it so you've got the front and back side by side - I can see appeal there. However as others have said if the goal is to sell your ceiling is likely a few hundred bucks if you can find the right Bills fan. Decent way to get this is to look at other autographed programs that have successfully sold on eBay. In almost all cases it's autographed covers that sell. A cover SB XVIII signed by Aikmen went for $100...might be your closest comp. Or there's an 1985 Bears program in there by most of the major team members that went for $200.

Anyhow good luck.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:49 AM, whorlnut said:

I have a question and want to get some opinions. I have a signed program and I’m wondering what you guys think it might be worth.

The players that signed the program are Bruce, Jimbo, Thurman, Reed, Howard Ballard, Mark Kelso, JD Williams, Frank Reich, and a few others. 

what do you think? 

Phil Hansen, Biscuit, and Talley are also on the program. 

I’d pay a $1000 for it 

10 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Marlboro is also valued as "Americana" which would add value. 

The answer to OP is that it is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Getting the autographs authenticated would make the value go up, as well. 

That said, I'd keep it.

4 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

I’d pay a $1000 for it 

that's a bit much... 

But, see above^^^

Edited by Paulus