The plan to start the 2020 NFL season: (Update - NFL and NFLPA agree on all issues)

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think I’m going to be taking this season off. All 3 FFL’s are cancelled for this year and I don’t want to watch all the other stuff going on. 

I hear ya, man...with everything going on, I’m not really interested in this season as well...just feels like it’s glorified exhibition games or a year long training camp to get ready for 2021....which serves a purpose, I suppose...my biggest concern was that, even though it’s not a normal season, I just didn’t want Allen missing out on much needed reps...that’s really all I care about with this season- just keep improving for next year...don’t even care about their record...I doubt the victors of this season will be taken too seriously anyway...but who knows?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I still don’t understand why they have to test that way when the virus is transmitted on droplets from saliva...??‍♂️

My wife works at the hospital and the mouth swab method can give a lot of false negatives I guess.

On 7/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, JaCrispy said:

I still don’t understand why they have to test that way when the virus is transmitted on droplets from saliva...??‍♂️

Seems like a blood test should be able to work. But apparently only for antibody tests.

3 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Well, on July 6th it was reported that 72 NFL players had tested positive so this must be an additional 59 players. 

72 NFL players test positive for COVID-19, per NFL Players ...

Nope. They reported it wrong. Nflpa said it is 59 players total including those tested prior to coming to camp. The 95 included all nfl personnel, staff, players combined. So the 72 they previously reported was also the combined number at that time, not sure how many of the 72 were actually players. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2020 at 11:08 AM, Augie said:

This sounds easy enough, until, you know........it comes to actually playing football. It’s that part where it gets all physical and people start grappling and sweating and panting and snorting all over each other. THEN it gets a little trickier. It’s not spread out like golf, and even golf has lost some folks. 

I’m often accused of being too optimistic, but this is not one of those cases. 

My wife’s employer has roughly 51,000 employees, and about 93% are working from home. Football doesn’t work like that. 

Im in the car bussiness in Fl.  Run a 30 person sales team, have a 30 person service department and a 6 person parts department.  We work with each other and the public daily.  Everyone healthy, having record breaking months.  Its not football but we are dealing with more people on a day to day basis than a football team would.  Its not all fire brim stone.  They can figure it out.

30 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Im in the car bussiness in Fl.  Run a 30 person sales team, have a 30 person service department and a 6 person parts department.  We work with each other and the public daily.  Everyone healthy, having record breaking months.  Its not football but we are dealing with more people on a day to day basis than a football team would.  Its not all fire brim stone.  They can figure it out.

I certainly hope you’re right. 

19 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I still hope you’re right, but has the fact that they Marlins can’t even make it to the home opener shaken your confidence at all?  I remain hopeful, but very concerned. Why couldn’t this happened when we were poised for a 2-14 season???   ?

I bet Jets fans are far less upset than I am right now! 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I still hope you’re right, but has the fact that they Marlins can’t even make it to the home opener shaken your confidence at all?  I remain hopeful, but very concerned. Why couldn’t this happened when we were poised for a 2-14 season???   ?

I bet Jets fans are far less upset than I am right now! 

Its still a month away.  I think split squads is the way to go.  First team O with second team D.  First team D with second team O.  More team work vs positional work.  Outdoor meetings or zoom meetings vs traditional.  I think they can pull it off.