The plan to start the 2020 NFL season: (Update - NFL and NFLPA agree on all issues)

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Do what every other place does (and the Bills employees that have already been to the facility doing this).  take temp, Provide a mask, remove every other chair from meeting room. pay cleaners to clean every area a lot.

If the rest of the world can do this, why not these athletes

Exactly.  Every other successful business has figured it out.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Do what every other place does (and the Bills employees that have already been to the facility doing this).  take temp, Provide a mask, remove every other chair from meeting room. pay cleaners to clean every area a lot.

If the rest of the world can do this, why not these athletes

This sounds easy enough, until, you know........it comes to actually playing football. It’s that part where it gets all physical and people start grappling and sweating and panting and snorting all over each other. THEN it gets a little trickier. It’s not spread out like golf, and even golf has lost some folks. 

I’m often accused of being too optimistic, but this is not one of those cases. 

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Exactly.  Every other successful business has figured it out.  

My wife’s employer has roughly 51,000 employees, and about 93% are working from home. Football doesn’t work like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

This sounds easy enough, until, you know........it comes to actually playing football. It’s that part where it gets all physical and people start grappling and sweating and panting and snorting all over each other. THEN it gets a little trickier. It’s not spread out like golf, and even golf has lost some folks. 

I’m often accused of being too optimistic, but this is not one of those cases. 

Exactly what you said.

Maybe...MAYBE...if every player wore full sleeves, gloves, and helmets that included full visors, i.e. no skin was exposed and the face was not exposed, then MAYBE they could keep infection numbers down.

But the way football is currently played? It is the absolute perfect breeding ground for COVID-19. Combine all of the things they tell you NOT to do -- being within six feet of one another, breathing on each other, coming into physical contact with each other -- and you have football.

I don't see how it's possible. I'll continue to be the party pooper in the group and say that the NFL will be able to stage four games AT MOST before having to shut down the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

I mean my kids are being forced back to school with 100s of others on a daily basis and they are not even getting paid so.... I think if the kids have to go back to the school I don't want to hear about this!

Your district didn’t offer an online option?