The plan to start the 2020 NFL season: (Update - NFL and NFLPA agree on all issues)

16 hours ago, Doc said:

And no one is getting tested (as often) as players will be.  Follow the guidelines, point out those who aren't, and you'll in all likelihood be fine.

I am sure White House staff are being tested very frequently despite it declared "fake" by many supporters.

There are others who are able to get frequent testing but will not advertise it.

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Crossing my fingers that the whole Bills team gets the virus before the season starts...?

That happens, we are in the driver’s seat...

yes, because purposely getting sick is a brilliant idea

6 hours ago, Mango said:

My biggest issue with this is the NFL hasn’t reported any league wide testing outside of orgs and players making it public. (Obviously HIPPA exists) It is half way through July and they haven’t reported any COVID cases as per of any league mandate. Why would I suddenly trust them to honestly report it come September, October, etc. say we make it to January, are they reporting it then? We are weeks away from training camp. Leagues trying to start up are reporting regularly, but not the NFL. Proportionately they should be at about 90 cases and crickets. 

I believe the league testing/reporting  will start when teams report to camp 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Crossing my fingers that the whole Bills team gets the virus before the season starts...?

That happens, we are in the driver’s seat...

You DO know “death” isn’t the only potential side effect of the virus, don’t you?

59 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

You DO know “death” isn’t the only potential side effect of the virus, don’t you?

Yes...and that’s why I’ve always been for cancelling all sports until there is a cure...but if they are going to play I’d rather they just get the virus out of the way...imo there is no way each and every member on every team won’t contract it at some point...

7 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Not for nothing,  but there are side effects like lung damage & amputations from seasonal influenza as well... you just never hear about them because it’s extremely rare, as is the same with side effects/complications from Coronaviruses. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not for nothing,  but there are side effects like lung damage & amputations from seasonal influenza as well... you just never hear about them because it’s extremely rare, as is the same with side effects/complications from Coronaviruses. 

Not so sure that 'it's extremely rare' , also covid has only been around for about 7 months, really still learning about it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, JaCrispy said:

Yes...and that’s why I’ve always been for cancelling all sports until there is a cure...but if they are going to play I’d rather they just get the virus out of the way...imo there is no way each and every member on every team won’t contract it at some point...

Viruses are the most not usually cured.  Let me know when there is a cure for Hirpies, Shingles(which originated as chickenpox), HIV, The common cold(a form of Corona) and all the others.

13 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Viruses are the most not usually cured.  Let me know when there is a cure for Hirpies, Shingles(which originated as chickenpox), HIV, The common cold(a form of Corona) and all the others.

There is a vaccine, Shingrix, for Shingles which was approved in 2017 and more effective than its predecessor, Zostavax, which was approved in 2006. 

5 hours ago, Mr Info said:

There is a vaccine, Shingrix, for Shingles which was approved in 2017 and more effective than its predecessor, Zostavax, which was approved in 2006. 

A vaccine is a preventative measure.  Not really a cure as it does nothing for you once you contract a virus.  If effective I guess it's better than a cure though.

Do what every other place does (and the Bills employees that have already been to the facility doing this).  take temp, Provide a mask, remove every other chair from meeting room. pay cleaners to clean every area a lot.

If the rest of the world can do this, why not these athletes