The plan to start the 2020 NFL season: (Update - NFL and NFLPA agree on all issues)

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

To raise your new baby while you stay separate from it the next 4-6 months?

To help your wife as she raises it.  Maybe hire a manny?

Edited by Doc

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The article:

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-players-coaches-need-to-better-understand-viral-load/

@Mr. WEO what do you think of this?  I don't have a high opinion of Chao.  He's got some good analogies in here.

I agree with him that banning jersey swaps is silly, asking players to mask before meeting up after the game makes sense.

Where I don't understand his assessment is in talking about the contacts during game play as "tackling a player and coming into direct contact for a brief period of time".

Sometimes same DB is assigned to cover the same WR all game.  The OL is going against the same DL and LB all game, and often those are the same players facing off.

So each contact may be brief, but the sum of the contacts adds up.  Or so it seems to me.

Chao is a copiously documented hack.  Total 007 who should have lost his privileges to practice any type of medicine years ago.  

Anyway, he's mostly making things up there.  No one knows what viral load imparts infections (he cleverly helps us by saying it's not a single "virus" that will do it, as though as though these infinitely small particles might sometimes travel solo).  If someone in a game or a locker room is actually positive, he will infect others either in the locker room or during the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Read through a couple of the comments and I was wondering when people would start to get annoyed at athletes complaining about “pandemic football issues” when so many that root for them are currently/have been working through a pandemic in construction, roofing, retail, restaurants etc..  Not everyone has a WFH option and are usually making way less than NFL minimum salaries.

Was just thinking the same thing. As if these players are the only ones that have to go make a living while having a family at home. 

and let’s be real. These players will most likely have access to testing and other sources that the cashier at the local grocery store doesn’t have. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Was just thinking the same thing. As if these players are the only ones that have to go make a living while having a family at home. 

and let’s be real. These players will most likely have access to testing and other sources that the cashier at the local grocery store doesn’t have. 

Yea, im not trying to minimize certain situations - for instance, if there’s a “bubble” per se, can you bring your wife/gf/kids whoever with you into the bubble?

These are unprecedented times and nothing is normal, so you’re not necessarily disrupting anyone’s normal routine. 

Also, I’m sure they can have protocols in place for visitation for anyone not with you in a “bubble” or if family members aren’t allowed.   For instance, I doubt the NFL will have trouble getting rapid testing - arrange for testing of those coming to visit a player and if they get successive negatives over the course of the week leading up, it’s a go. 

It’s not like players are jet-setting all over the place during the season anyway.   NFL will just have to figure out bye weeks and, yea, sorry.. you probably can’t go clubbing when you play an away game in Miami, Atlanta or Vegas. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, im not trying to minimize certain situations - for instance, if there’s a “bubble” per se, can you bring your wife/gf/kids whoever with you into the bubble?

These are unprecedented times and nothing is normal, so you’re not necessarily disrupting anyone’s normal routine. 

Also, I’m sure they can have protocols in place for visitation for anyone not with you in a “bubble” or if family members aren’t allowed.   For instance, I doubt the NFL will have trouble getting rapid testing - arrange for testing of those coming to visit a player and if they get successive negatives over the course of the week leading up, it’s a go. 

It’s not like players are jet-setting all over the place during the season anyway.   NFL will just have to figure out bye weeks and, yea, sorry.. you probably can’t go clubbing when you play an away game in Miami, Atlanta or Vegas. 

Wouldn't protocol be wife or gf and child quarantine for 14 days, test, then be allowed to visit?  

This actually shouldn't be hard.  An awful inconvenience yes but it shouldn't be difficult to do.  

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you aren't going to play preseason games, why would they need to be there 6 full weeks before the regular season starts?

I wouldn't be surprised if they dont report till around August 8th or 9th at the latest.  

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Yes.  It's either that or sit out the season without pay.

Or he can just go to work, see his kid, and take that chance like most do. You know, like the person that bags the elite athletes groceries at the store, or the nurse that takes care of them when they get carted off the field. I have no problem with anyone sitting out the season, that’s their choice. I would never criticize a guy for doing that. It’s just the public grandstanding that gets a bit old with these guys. I’m not sure where they are expecting to find sympathy. You are absolutely correct, he has three options: sit out, hire a nanny, or just go home to his family after games. It’s quite simple, and it seems like some players are hoping to persuade the league to call off the season, but still get full pay. I think that’s ultimately what some of these public statements are hoping to accomplish. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Or he can just go to work, see his kid, and take that chance like most do. You know, like the person that bags the elite athletes groceries at the store, or the nurse that takes care of them when they get carted off the field. I have no problem with anyone sitting out the season, that’s their choice. I would never criticize a guy for doing that. It’s just the public grandstanding that gets a bit old with these guys. I’m not sure where they are expecting to find sympathy. 

Here with me.

Bitching about player complaints is just plain stupid. You want a season, you want players to take a chance for your enjoyment(gambling) and you B word about some comments made by some players?!  They are people with opinions just like you, not robots. I'm happy the nfl is still trying to have a season that most likely won't happen, but these guys are taking a big risk to play the season out. I could only imagine the vitriol here if the NFLPA and players decide it's not safe to play. Some selfish people here and you don't even realize it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 7/17/2020 at 8:33 AM, Dopey said:

Here with me.

Bitching about player complaints is just plain stupid. You want a season, you want players to take a chance for your enjoyment(gambling) and you B word about some comments made by some players?!  They are people with opinions just like you, not robots. I'm happy the nfl is still trying to have a season that most likely won't happen, but these guys are taking a big risk to play the season out. I could only imagine the vitriol here if the NFLPA and players decide it's not safe to play. Some selfish people here and you don't even realize it.

I respect your opinion, and completely understand most of it. I just don’t understand how some people finding players making statements about “having families” coming across as a bit prima donna is a selfish statement. They would be taking a risk, you are correct, but it’s a risk they can choose not to take. This isn’t conscription, no one is being forced to go to battle. I’m fine with a guy choosing to sit out, so I don’t see my opinion as being selfish. A selfish opinion would be criticizing someone for not playing. I just don’t get the social media posts reminding us they have families. They aren’t the only people with an employer asking them to work. It seems like some guys want to sit out, and get a full paycheck. That’s generally not how it works, but everyone has the choice to stay home. There has been a trend long before Covid where players positioned themselves as being victims of some evil system. Personally, it’s never been something I’ve agreed with. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Here with me.

Literally nobody in this thread has demanded a player play the season.  No one.  

Restaurant servers living off tips are back at work. Construction workers and roofers are back at work.  Truckers are back at work.  Grocery store clerks are back at work, and have been throughout the entire pandemic.  

They too can choose to not work.   They will also lose their job and likely don’t make anywhere close to an NFL minimum salary.  

Pointing that out isn’t selfish.  Nobody here is demanding that Feliciano play this season...but he's not any different than the multitude of people in this country barely getting by financially, but still going back to work during a pandemic.... oh, except that he’s not barely getting by financially. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1