New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Managed to both quote the entire story and not link it. Maybe the redskins will hire you.

haha it wasn't a story, it was a literal copy/paste of a reddit user posting his theory.

All of this is very interesting in a wait and see kind of manner but I find myself wondering this:

Say this bombshell leads to NFL forcing a sale (I think most in league circles would be happy to be rid of Snyder) - what’s the value of a team with a bad PR situation (potentially toxic depending on what goes down with the story), no history of success, no real future on the football side, in a non-sports town, with a very successful team next door, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and all the uncertainty that comes with?

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

All of this is very interesting in a wait and see kind of manner but I find myself wondering this:

Say this bombshell leads to NFL forcing a sale (I think most in league circles would be happy to be rid of Snyder) - what’s the value of a team with a bad PR situation (potentially toxic depending on what goes down with the story), no history of success, no real future on the football side, in a non-sports town, with a very successful team next door, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and all the uncertainty that comes with?

Define "no history of success"

The Redskins have 3 more Superbowl victories than we do....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

DC fans might not be the most diehard out there but it’s still a large market in general and the football team itself has a ton of fans around the country.

As of this past year, Forbes ranked them as the 14th most valuable sports franchise in the world (5th highest NFL team). Certainly the current environment wouldn’t be selling at the peak of its value but it’s still a team a lot of people would love to own and whoever replaces Snyder would instantly be the most popular person in the DC area. 

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think that "no history of success" team may have been to 5 SB and won 3 or something like that

58 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

it would have to be a scandal involving Snyder himself or just reckless, criminal non-oversight that would lead to a Sterling-type situation. And from what I’ve read, Snyder has, for years, ingratiated himself with people like Jerry Jones by falling in line lock-step with Jerry’s opinions. So I don’t think he’s burned as many bridges within the owners’ circle as you would assume.

don’t get me wrong - i despise the guy just based on his manipulations of the local media alone. I would love to see him thrown out of the league on his ***. I just don’t think it’s going to be that easy.

4 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

he alludes to Allen perhaps being the whistle blower in his many tweets

Wouldn’t blame him (Allen) if even some of the stuff I am reading right now on twitter is true. Holy heck. Way worse than I thought earlier yesterday. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Oh man, maybe Trump can get a great deal? 

Edited by Motorin'

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Sounds like Carolina Panthers.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

DC fans might not be the most diehard out there but it’s still a large market in general and the football team itself has a ton of fans around the country.

DC fans used to be die-hard before Snyder.  There were not happy in general with move to Maryland (no one appeared to be except contractors who got paid to build it) but it nose dived after Snyder and stunts he pulled.

59 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

it would have to be a scandal involving Snyder himself or just reckless, criminal non-oversight that would lead to a Sterling-type situation. And from what I’ve read, Snyder has, for years, ingratiated himself with people like Jerry Jones by falling in line lock-step with Jerry’s opinions. So I don’t think he’s burned as many bridges within the owners’ circle as you would assume.

don’t get me wrong - i despise the guy just based on his manipulations of the local media alone. I would love to see him thrown out of the league on his ***. I just don’t think it’s going to be that easy.

Pressure on Jerry Richardson of Panthers made him sell. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article209886574.html

I have heard rumors of lawsuits from cheerleaders (boyfriends of them) hushed up with payout money.

It makes sense of rename being a distraction because he clearly did not look into trademarks properly before announcement and as a local business man would know he would need to that ahead of time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sounds like Carolina Panthers.

DC fans used to be die-hard before Snyder.  There were not happy in general with move to Maryland (no one appeared to be except contractors who got paid to build it) but it nose dived after Snyder and stunts he pulled.

Pressure on Jerry Richardson of Panthers made him sell. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article209886574.html

I have heard rumors of lawsuits from cheerleaders (boyfriends of them) hushed up with payout money.

It makes sense of rename being a distraction because he clearly did not look into trademarks properly before announcement and as a local business man would know he would need to that ahead of time.

it appears to sound (from rumors) very much in line with the Richardson stuff, only way worse and involving many more people (Gruden included.) based on rumor I reiterate.

EDIT: yeah i get what you’re saying - when i posted that reply you responded to I did not yet read these latest rumors. Snyder gone if even 50% of them are true. I will celebrate.

Edited by JoPoy88