New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

19 minutes ago, Niagara said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/07/washington-redskins-name-change-new-name-trademarks

people with knowledge of the team’s plans said that the preferred replacement name has been held up by trademark issues, which is why the team couldn’t announce the new name Monday

Washington Trojans?

Again, that has nothing to do with JLC's tweet.

WTEM in DC is conjecturing that the threat of the minority owners wanting out didn't have to do with name, as the name change was already underway. The thought is that a lot of crap went down for years at the facility and nothing was ever done. For two people to be fired essentially means they must have murdered someone.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What are the trademark issues then?

If that story is true, then it seems pretty straight-forward. The team name that they want to go with is already trade-marked and they're trying to acquire the rights.

What LaCanfora and many other DC-based media people are talking about is something criminal. I'm not going to speculate about the rumblings I've heard just in case they're wrong, but if they're right, it's pretty horrifying.

Last I heard, the Washington Post is expected to break the news at some point this week, possibly tomorrow.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

WTEM in DC is conjecturing that the threat of the minority owners wanting out didn't have to do with name, as the name change was already underway. The thought is that a lot of crap went down for years at the facility and nothing was ever done. For two people to be fired essentially means they must have murdered someone.

Or they tried to blow the whistle...

51 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If that story is true, then it seems pretty straight-forward. The team name that they want to go with is already trade-marked and they're trying to acquire the rights.

What LaCanfora and many other DC-based media people are talking about is something criminal. I'm not going to speculate about the rumblings I've heard just in case they're wrong, but if they're right, it's pretty horrifying.

Last I heard, the Washington Post is expected to break the news at some point this week, possibly tomorrow.

Link to rumors?

59 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Can you put that in an 'hourly' basis?  My OCD nature demands that it agrees with the units specified in the thread title.  ?

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

They're hiring Brandon?!  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Niagara said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/07/washington-redskins-name-change-new-name-trademarks

people with knowledge of the team’s plans said that the preferred replacement name has been held up by trademark issues, which is why the team couldn’t announce the new name Monday

Washington Trojans?

Of course they are. As soon as they announced it there were filings at US Patent and Trademark Office (where I work) which I posted. $nyder may get his wanted name but we will need to go thru dispute process since Trademarkers are not using trademark. 

A SMART owner would have reserved name and THEN announced it but some lowlife employee probably leaked it before they could.  This COULD be something to do with firings.  I know companies which would leak internal stuff and watch for to appear in public to know who leaker was.

18 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think any details have been made public yet, but this article includes a bunch of the people talking about it:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/15/buzz-grows-of-a-looming-report-about-the-washington-franchise/

Why are so many different news outlets not telling us what the "warped, toxic, disappointing, sad and sickening" story is and instead, waiting for one of them to publish it?

Weird that everyone isn't scooping everyone else on whatever it is all of these people are very graphic in describing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why are so many different news outlets not telling us what the "warped, toxic, disappointing, sad and sickening" story is and instead, waiting for one of them to publish it?

Weird that everyone isn't scooping everyone else on whatever it is all of these people are very graphic in describing.

Maybe only one has it with solid sourcing? 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Maybe only one has it with solid sourcing? 

Well twitter never waits for confirming sources.  It's got to be some sex scandal or something.  You would think someone would publicly say what they clearly have all heard.

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

WaPo is too busy making up other stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rico said:

WaPo is too busy making up other stuff.

Yeah, man.  They need to get with Q!

My guess is that this story will include the words we ALL have been patiently waiting to hear:  "JFK Junior".....

He has come..