New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

My thought is that it was the Warriors based on riverboat Ron’s statement about talking to Native American groups and the military, along with a trademark dispute. I figured the dispute was with Golden State.

but I don’t believe they would be so careless as to not register the name before that Alexandria lawyer did. That does not seem right at all.

I think “Warriors” would be an issue because of Golden State.  There doesn’t ever seem to be a new name for a pro team that duplicates an existing one.  I know the Columbus Blue Jackets said that was a criteria for their name when they were choosing it.  And IIRC Cleveland said the same thing when they thought they’d need a new name. 

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think “Warriors” would be an issue because of Golden State.  There doesn’t ever seem to be a new name for a pro team that duplicates an existing one.  I know the Columbus Blue Jackets said that was a criteria for their name when they were choosing it.  And IIRC Cleveland said the same thing when they thought they’d need a new name. 

NHL Vegas has the issue. They wanted the Black Knights. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, spartacus said:

Snyder should consider changing the first name ass well, since the team plays in Maryland

any equity int he Washington brand is long gone

Synder has been BEGGING to move team back to Washington and was told he cannot move team back until he changes name, or at least the team name part, so no way is he changing it although Maryland Redskins is reserved.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

OK, 7 on 7 flag football game decides it.

Snyder: "WHAT THE $¥#% DO YOU MEAN THEY LOST?!?!"

You got the response mixed up. It actually said "What the f*****k do you mean they want more money?!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Synder has been BEGGING to move team back to Washington and was told he cannot move team back until he changes name, or at least the team name part, so no way is he changing it although Maryland Redskins is reserved.

I think it would be a hilarious troll job if the next annoucment that comes from Snyder is that the name change will be the 'Washington' part, and they keep the 'Redskins' with a new location.....

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I think it would be a hilarious troll job if the next announcement that comes from Snyder is that the name change will be the 'Washington' part, and they keep the 'Redskins' with a new location.....

"Maryland Redskins" is reserved in Trademark database.

There was a lot of traffic in last two days but fortunately nothing broke requiring me to work.

36 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

That may have been a possibility if Snyder weren't so loathed around here. 

Understand that.  I think the loathing started when he started selling practicing tickets (which enabled scouts to film it openly) and when he went after season ticket holders in court when they could no longer afford tickets even heirs after season ticket holders died.

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

They should just stay with Washington and the Indian logo. Or, the Washington Indians? Lizard People?

I think the logo is dignified and classic. But then again, I also think the Blackhawks have the coolest hockey sweaters.

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

24-48 hours?  Glad they're not a pizzeria.  ?

They didn't say when the name would be released only if a decision to change the name was determined.