New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Washington Americans could have some sick unis and they get to stick it to the Cowboys.

it would be a win-win.

Yes it would. 

26 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

“D.C. American Football Club”, “Americans” for short.

That’s what I’d do.

I've heard the idea of the D.C. Football Club floated, and it is far and away my favorite idea.  Super original and interesting. 

It's definitely going to be the Warriors or something similarly mundane though. 

9 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I've heard the idea of the D.C. Football Club floated, and it is far and away my favorite idea.  Super original and interesting. 

It's definitely going to be the Warriors or something similarly mundane though. 

It’s definitely a chance for something fresh and different.

‘Warriors‘ would be super stale. But as long as it’s not “Wizards” again lol.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Washington Warriors or Redhawks would keep the Native American theme going but be less offensive. 

How is a species of bird within a Native American theme?

Either way, I think they'd be smart to stay away from any and all Native American imagery completely. Just move on to something neutral.

The Redhawks would be like the Seahawks. Nothing offensive there, except those bright green color-rush unis :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Washington Warriors or Redhawks would keep the Native American theme going but be less offensive. 

They've already said they're won't be any native american imagery in their logos and merchandise, so seems unlikely to me that it'll be related to native americans at all.

I think if it were going to be Warriors, we'd already know about it. I don't really foresee them picking one of the fan concepts either.

• Like (+1) 1

I live in the DC metro area in Maryland. One report of the name change is that the organization wants to change the name to the Red Wolves but have to work out an agreement with Arkansas State Univ. whose nickname is also the Red Wolves. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I live in the DC metro area in Maryland. One report of the name change is that the organization wants to change the name to the Red Wolves but have to work out an agreement with Arkansas State Univ. whose nickname is also the Red Wolves. 

OK, 7 on 7 flag football game decides it.

Snyder:  "WHAT THE $¥#% DO YOU MEAN THEY LOST?!?!"

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

if it’s the red wolves then I would say the name was leaked to gauge the reaction.

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

if it’s the red wolves then I would say the name was leaked to gauge the reaction.

Yeah.  That’s where my money would be.  I popped over to one of the fan sites and that’s the only name with a buzz.  Allegedly there’s been some communication between the team and Arkansas State who use Red Wolves as their mascot.  Nothing in stone obviously, but Red Wolves looks likely. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah.  That’s where my money would be.  I popped over to one of the fan sites and that’s the only name with a buzz.  Allegedly there’s been some communication between the team and Arkansas State who use Red Wolves as their mascot.  Nothing in stone obviously, but Red Wolves looks likely. 

My thought is that it was the Warriors based on riverboat Ron’s statement about talking to Native American groups and the military, along with a trademark dispute. I figured the dispute was with Golden State.

but I don’t believe they would be so careless as to not register the name before that Alexandria lawyer did. That does not seem right at all.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How is a species of bird within a Native American theme?

Either way, I think they'd be smart to stay away from any and all Native American imagery completely. Just move on to something neutral.

The Redhawks would be like the Seahawks. Nothing offensive there, except those bright green color-rush unis :thumbsup:

...think I'm partial to the Washington Pigeons......"always trying to hang around and nobody is interested".................

• Haha (+1) 1