New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

10 minutes ago, eball said:

If Snyder rushes this he’s going to eff it up.  They should play this season (if there is one) as simply “Washington” and get it right (name, logo, colors).

It’s a sports name. LOL I’m sure the week plus he had was plenty of time to figure something out that shouldn’t take months. Though, it wouldn’t surprise me if they delay a bit And just drop Resdkins, but it will be done before training camp.

Edited by Beast

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

It’s a sports name. LOL I’m sure the week plus he had was plenty of time to figure something out that shouldn’t take months. Though, it wouldn’t surprise me if they delay a bit And just drop Resdkins, but it will be done before training camp.

LOL all you want.  I don’t think you are really looking at everything that goes into a decision like this.  It’s the NFL, not some rinky-dink startup league, and you’re dealing with a historic franchise.

I still think Snyder will eff it up anyway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I wonder how much say Rivera actually has in 'working closely' with Snyder to develop a new name and design. Given' Li'l Dummy's track record, Rivera is likely to be gone in two or three years.

Washington Americans would be pretty good.  

and they are going to make a ton of money with this.  

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

I wonder how much say Rivera actually has in 'working closely' with Snyder to develop a new name and design. Given' Li'l Dummy's track record, Rivera is likely to be gone in two or three years.

Yeah, it’s kinda weird a coach would have this much say.  Open it up to the fans to suggest things and then do a public poll of season ticket holders.

i don’t know why some of these teams make it so much harder than it needs to be.

3 hours ago, Putin said:

Washington Seminoles 

You really don’t get the difference between the 2 names?

3 hours ago, eball said:

LOL all you want.  I don’t think you are really looking at everything that goes into a decision like this.  It’s the NFL, not some rinky-dink startup league, and you’re dealing with a historic franchise.

I still think Snyder will eff it up anyway.

"eff it up"....how, exactly?  By giving them a terrible name?  They are currently "the Redskins".

lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Washington Americans would be pretty good.  

and they are going to make a ton of money with this.  

Yeah, it’s kinda weird a coach would have this much say.  Open it up to the fans to suggest things and then do a public poll of season ticket holders.

i don’t know why some of these teams make it so much harder than it needs to be.

You really don’t get the difference between the 2 names?

"Hey, you remember how our old team name was a racial slur? Yeah, the Seminole Tribe is who we were referencing." 

“Washington Americans”  as said earlier, it works, its easy, and its a gimme for a marketing team, it will show inclusivity and national pride, etc etc. 

...but as said above Snyder being the tool that he is, will likely miss a huge opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

"Hey, you remember how our old team name was a racial slur? Yeah, the Seminole Tribe is who we were referencing." 

Haha.  Yeah, I believe the specific tribe ones are fine and I believe the tribes are on board.  Braves and Chiefs are positive names.  The only one I think that is real questionable are the teams named for an idiot who thought he was in India. 

Buffalo Bill was also a giant scumbag.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

“Washington Americans”  as said earlier, it works, its easy, and its a gimme for a marketing team, it will show inclusivity and national pride, etc etc. 

...but as said above Snyder being the tool that he is, will likely miss a huge opportunity. 

The Washington Americans could have some sick unis and they get to stick it to the Cowboys.

it would be a win-win.