New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm surprised how quick this was. I thought they would wait to announce until they had a logo and jerseys and everything. Who knows, maybe they got that done extremely fast as well.

I tend to think they had a contingency plan for years juuuuust in case the outrage reached a tipping point. Probably just needed to get the gears  in motion to get it finalized and approved by the league.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm surprised how quick this was. I thought they would wait to announce until they had a logo and jerseys and everything. Who knows, maybe they got that done extremely fast as well.

They have trademarks applied for at US Patent and Trademark Office but to keep reporters off track they filed more than one.

Cannot tell any more due to work rules:

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database

Serial Number Reg. Number Word Mark Check Status Live/Dead
1 90036672   WASHINGTON RENEGADES GRIDIRON FOOTBALL TSDR LIVE
2 90036282   WASHINGTON BRAVES PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM TSDR LIVE
3 86442991 4733519 WASHINGTON FOOTBALL CLUB TSDR LIVE
4 86316664 4690031 WASHINGTON RENEGADES GRIDIRON FOOTBALL TSDR LIVE

A lot more combinations.

Don't create a bot to search and cause more work for me.

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They aren't changing colors, so the uniforms probably stay the same.  They probably already have a logo too.  Due to the circumstances surrounding the change I'm sure the league protocols for changing names/logos were relaxed.

Edited by purple haze

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sure! That won’t offend any one -just Everyone.

Senators has also been used by the city in past times.  How ‘bout the Congress? 

Reminded me of Gridlock. Great reference to congress......

So, my final entry is Gridiron. Washington Gridiron is awesome. But nobody ever asked me ever! ?

Edited by HerdMentality