New Redskins name in 24-48 hours

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Those would be better than Warriors, which is the likely winner.

Why is it the likely winner?  There's already a high profile recent champion team with that name.  May as well call them the Nationals, Blues, or Raptors.

8 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Why is it the likely winner?  There's already a high profile recent champion team with that name.  May as well call them the Nationals, Blues, or Raptors.

That was the scuttlebutt I read, that Warriors is the favorite.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I bet Snyder saw how much money he would make with a name change with all Redskins fans buying new gear. I doubt he cares that his team name might offend some people but saw dollar signs with the logo/name change.

I'm surprised he wasn't chomping at the bit to change the name for this reason alone.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm surprised he wasn't chomping at the bit to change the name for this reason alone.

He's been receiving pressure to change the name forever. This is not the first time. He never considered it until now regardless of money.

So I don't think that's the reason. The pressure is probably just bigger than it has ever been now.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It's alliterative, they could keep the logo. Warriors makes sense, imo.

Based on the recent scuttlebutt of them supposedly wanting to totally scrub themselves of the Native American heritage, I doubt they would keep the same logo. Does seem like that’s the odds on favorite for the new name though. 

12 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

Maybe they become the bullets!? 

Nah, the Skins' fans seem to want Redwolves.  Wizards fans, of which I'm one, DEFINITELY want the Bullets name to return and put "Wizards" in mothballs.  Horrible name change.   

34 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Except that they don't want them to keep the logo either. The point to the name change is to remove the team from being associated with Native Americans.

Is there some press release, or statement by Washington, or Snyder saying this? I believe the "point" is to disassociate with a name that is considered an offensive pejorative.

My top 10 candidates (in no particular order):

-Washington Carpetbaggers

-Washington Rioters

-Washington 1%ers

-Washington Blue-Bloods

-Washington Republicrats

-Washington Democans

-Washington Anti-Vaxxers

-Washington Black Cats (if you've ever been to an indie show or a dance party there, you'll know what I'm referring to)

-Washington Short-Buildings (because of the regulations regarding buildings over a certain height)

-Washington Watergates

1 minute ago, boater said:

But if it's Warriors, I will always remember this clip from the movie: The Warriors.

Warriors Come Out to Play

Great clip. Awesome film!

• Like (+1) 2