Sport "slogans" or quotes that stay with you..

This probably wont go anywhere , but remember as a kid Van Miller  .saying . "lookie lookie  here comes  Cookie "  Dan Neaverth , PA announcer  for the Braves "thats 2 for mcadoo "  find myself  still saying that stuff.. anyone have any others? I Know Marv Albert's "YES!  and it counts"  on Knicks games..  is classic 

Edited by dwight in philly

“The game is won and lost in the trenches”

it’s my favorite because it’s true

• Like (+1) 3

When I was a Cub Scout, one of the scout leaders took some of us to a Braves game. They were playing the Bucks (with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) and we were sitting in the front row of the upper ring (orange seats). I made a big "Two for McAdoo!" sign and hung it from the railing.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

When I was a Cub Scout, one of the scout leaders took some of us to a Braves game. They were playing the Bucks (with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) and we were sitting in the front row of the upper ring (orange seats). I made a big "Two for McAdoo!" sign and hung it from the railing.

how can you not remember that! its embedded in me.. i toss a beer can in my recyclable bin .. its what i say

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This one has been attributed to numerous coaches, but the consensus is that Vince Lombardi was the first: "When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before."

I try to keep that in mind after any professional accomplishment. I mean, yeah, it's good to be proud of your work, but hey - that's what you get paid for.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

This one has been attributed to numerous coaches, but the consensus is that Vince Lombardi was the first: "When you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before."

I try to keep that in mind after any professional accomplishment. I mean, yeah, it's good to be proud of your work, but hey - that's what you get paid for.

i actually thought Marv said that first .. who knows 

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And he could..........Go..........All..........The..........Way!

Which version? Cosell's or Berman"s lol 

Just now, dwight in philly said:

i actually thought Marv said that first .. who knows 

Marv lifted a lot of quotes from other people. He was an English major, so it's not surprising that he's well-read, but he really should have cited his sources. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And he could..........Go..........All..........The..........Way!

Back, back, back, back, back! - Berman

It's outta here! - Gary Cohen (my favorite of all time)

Put it in the books! - Howie Rose (2nd favorite of all time)

Edited by Gugny

29 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

“The game is won and lost in the trenches”

it’s my favorite because it’s true

#TWSS

Edited by WhoTom
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Back, back, back, back, back! - Berman

It's outta here! - Gary Cohen (my favorite of all time)

Put in in the books! - Howie Rose (2nd favorite of all time)

"put it in the books"  interesting .. one  can go back .. :"white owl wallop" was big as a kid in buffalo, but i believe they used it in NY too.. among mel allen , the scooter, and the "catbird seat" Red Barber