Wayfair is trending on Twitter, WHY???

Unfounded conspiracy theory accuses Wayfair of bonkers, Pizzagate-level trafficking ring

https://mashable.com/article/wayfair-child-conspiracy-theory-explained/

"It boils down to this: Conspiracy theorists were purporting that the site — or third-party sellers on the site — were secretly part of a child trafficking ring. This theory appears to have started, as many do, on Reddit's r/conspiracy subreddit.  Before we proceed, there is no hard evidence to support that this far-fetched theory is even remotely true. Also, child trafficking is a horrific crime and conspiracy theories like this one turn a dangerous issue into a joke, distracting from the real reasons child trafficking flourishes. It all started when a user posted a screenshot of high-priced cabinets listed on Wayfair's site on Thursday, noting that the names of some of the cabinets were the same as the names of missing children."

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Unfounded conspiracy theory accuses Wayfair of bonkers, Pizzagate-level trafficking ring

https://mashable.com/article/wayfair-child-conspiracy-theory-explained/

"It boils down to this: Conspiracy theorists were purporting that the site — or third-party sellers on the site — were secretly part of a child trafficking ring. This theory appears to have started, as many do, on Reddit's r/conspiracy subreddit.  Before we proceed, there is no hard evidence to support that this far-fetched theory is even remotely true. Also, child trafficking is a horrific crime and conspiracy theories like this one turn a dangerous issue into a joke, distracting from the real reasons child trafficking flourishes. It all started when a user posted a screenshot of high-priced cabinets listed on Wayfair's site on Thursday, noting that the names of some of the cabinets were the same as the names of missing children."

these 15,000 dollar pillows that have the same name as missing kids is pretty ***** nuts 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

There was a Gizmodo article with a theory that the overpriced items are more likely for money launderers.

Either way, seems like some squirrely thing. 

Can they find out if anyone actually bought the stuff?

• Like (+1) 1

The conspiro-nuts always say the pedos love to flaunt it right in front of your face via movies, songs, etc.  This is a new one.

Are any of the thousands of superheroes out there dedicated to hunting pedos?  That dude or dudette could make a good movie right now.

I am not stating I know anything about Wayfair, but the concept of an "artistic" pillow, or dresser that is real expensive is one of the ways that money laundering has worked. In fact a mafia boss at one time had a relative do painting and "sell" them to people for services rendered.

• Like (+1) 1

This is an amazingly dumb conspiracy theory and shows a complete lack of logic. I’m sure people are using all these methods to sell people (disguising it as a furniture purchase on wayfair)....and then NAMING THE FURNITURE THE PERSON’s REAL NAME.  

In fact, it has already been debunked.

is it any surprise that the people on the forum that believe in the deep state ALSO believe in this (yea, I’m talking about DR).

Edited by Crayola64

On 7/11/2020 at 9:13 AM, Teddy KGB said:

these 15,000 dollar pillows that have the same name as missing kids is pretty ***** nuts 

And none of the posts in the reddit thread with the pics link back to the store's webpage. Wonder why? 

On 7/11/2020 at 4:25 PM, whatdrought said:

Wife showed this to me last night... I find it half crazy, but the names on the items is really hard to explain away. 

It's called photoshop. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

And none of the posts in the reddit thread with the pics link back to the store's webpage. Wonder why? 

It's called photoshop. 

Wayfair has already admitted that the products exist(ed), with the names.

This quote is attributed to Wayfair:

"There is, of course, no truth to these claims. The products in question are industrial grade cabinets that are accurately priced. Recognizing that the photos and descriptions provided by the supplier did not adequately explain the high price point, we have temporarily removed the products from site to rename them and to provide a more in-depth description and photos that accurately depict the product to clarify the price point."

https://www.newsweek.com/wayfair-child-trafficking-conspiracy-theory-cabinets-scandal-1517013

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Wayfair has already admitted that the products exist(ed), with the names.

This quote is attributed to Wayfair:

"There is, of course, no truth to these claims. The products in question are industrial grade cabinets that are accurately priced. Recognizing that the photos and descriptions provided by the supplier did not adequately explain the high price point, we have temporarily removed the products from site to rename them and to provide a more in-depth description and photos that accurately depict the product to clarify the price point."

https://www.newsweek.com/wayfair-child-trafficking-conspiracy-theory-cabinets-scandal-1517013

yup people took the names from the product and then searched the internet for missing children reports to match them to create this viral post.  The children they used, actually had already been found and were never trafficked

incredibly stupid theory on many levels and lacks a lot of reason.  It doesn’t even pass the sniff test.

its amazing to me that users here can fall for it

Edited by Crayola64

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

yup people took the names from the product and then searched the internet for missing children reports to match them to create this viral post.  The children they used, actually had already been found and were never trafficked

incredibly stupid theory on many levels and lacks a lot of reason.  It doesn’t even pass the sniff test.

its amazing to me that users here can fall for it

In general I agree with you.  On its face though this one in particular was rather strange.  There is certainly something strange going on but it is most likely money laundering tied to something slightly less nefarious.  "Industrial" cabinets with the same dimensions and descriptions priced thousands of dollars apart, for instance.  Or pillows with zodiac signs printed on them for 10-15k.  Fine art is a well-known way of laundering money, one of the last in the world really.  This is likely just another attempt to get creative and stay ahead of the DEA/IRS/pick your favorite alphabet agency.

As I've stated before: the Qanon crowd is bonkers, but not for thinking that there are pedophiles at every level of Hollywood, government, etc.  They're bonkers for believing that anybody is actually doing something about it.

But for the record, just because children have been found doesn't mean they haven't been trafficked. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

In general I agree with you.  On its face though this one in particular was rather strange.  There is certainly something strange going on but it is most likely money laundering tied to something slightly less nefarious.  "Industrial" cabinets with the same dimensions and descriptions priced thousands of dollars apart, for instance.  Or pillows with zodiac signs printed on them for 10-15k.  Fine art is a well-known way of laundering money, one of the last in the world really.  This is likely just another attempt to get creative and stay ahead of the DEA/IRS/pick your favorite alphabet agency.

As I've stated before: the Qanon crowd is bonkers, but not for thinking that there are pedophiles at every level of Hollywood, government, etc.  They're bonkers for believing that anybody is actually doing something about it.

But for the record, just because children have been found doesn't mean they haven't been trafficked. 

a few of the children posted videos stating that they were never trafficked and this viral post has been beyond disruptive to their life (obviously, batshit crazy qanon and deep state people made up a viral post stating people, and posting their ID, were trafficked through wayfair when they weren’t )

Edited by Crayola64

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

a few of the children posted videos stating that they were never trafficked and this viral post has been beyond disruptive to their life (obviously)

I wasn't talking about this case, I'm talking about in general.  Kids turning up alive is not an indicator that they weren't trafficked.