Hamilton mob boss gunned down in war with Buffalo mafia?

Fingon

Notorious Hamilton mobster Pat Musitano, head of the Musitano crime family, died in a Friday afternoon shooting in Burlington, Ont., police say.

Halton Region police say they responded to reports of a shooting at about 1:10 p.m. at 484 Plains Rd. E., the site of a small business plaza. The shooting took place in front of Pro Patio Furniture.

When police arrived, they said in a news release, they found "two victims with gunshot wounds."

"One victim in this shooting has succumbed to their injuries," police said in a tweet Friday afternoon. "A second victim has been transported to hospital. Suspect(s) remain outstanding at this time."

Police have since confirmed the victim who died is 52-year-old Musitano.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/burlington-shooting-musitano-mobster-1.5645314

Musitano was marked for death by Buffalo Underboss Domenico Violi in 2017:

Shortly before his arrest, according to wire transcripts filed in court, Mr. Violi divulged to the police agent that he had been promoted to underboss of the Todaro family – the No. 2 man in charge of the “whole thing.”

It was a prestigious role, he said, and he had beaten out 30 other people for the position.

“This one guy … he goes, ‘Domenic, you know you made history.’ I said, ‘I made history?’ He goes, ‘Yeah, nobody ever in Canada got this position,’ ” Mr. Violi told the agent.

“[Expletive], I’m happy for you Dom, that’s good. You know what? That’s gonna change a lot of things for us here,” the agent said. “We could do a lot of good things here.”

In one instance, last September, the agent and Mr. Violi discussed the Musitano crime family and the recent murder of Angelo Musitano, who was gunned down in his driveway, just outside Hamilton.

The Musitano crime family is infamous in Hamilton. In the 1990s, Angelo and his brother Pat were charged with first-degree murder for the deaths of Hamilton mob boss Johnny (Pops) Papalia and his associate Carmen Barillaro, both of them shot by hit man Ken Murdock.

The brothers pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in Mr. Barillaro’s death, but the charges relating to Mr. Papalia’s murder were withdrawn as part of a plea deal. They were released from prison in 2006.

When the agent expressed surprise that Pat Musitano, Angelo’s older brother, hadn’t been killed first, Mr. Violi mused that it was a message to Pat and said that Pat was now in hiding. He said he was told that Pat would be gone before Christmas – that “that would be one headache out of the way.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-it-opens-up-an-underworld-how-a-drug-plea-has-exposed-a-mafia/

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The word: Mafia. 

They love, glorify  the culture.  Same  with Hollywood. I GUESS it's  escapism.

Great movie "Kill the Irishman", true story about Cleveland docks. They tried and tried to kill this Irishman, finally succeeding with a bomb. 

• Like (+1) 1