ESPN+: Top 10 WRs according to league personnel

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Absolutely false. I have been a huge Diggs guy for several years now.

I need to recheck my archive of GoBills post I have saved on my computer to confirm this. ?

and he doesn’t have a top 10 resume yet.  He’s still going but needs to string together a bunch of 1,000 yard seasons.  The shame is I think he can be extremely valuable by drawing coverages and not necessarily putting up monster numbers.  He doesn’t seem that happy to to that (and I get it because numbers mean money).  

it will be interesting this year.  There’s a fine line between getting the ball to your playmakers enough and forcing it.  I also would like to see a guy with size step up.  We have a little crew right now. 

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d have Cooper lower. I just think he’s overrated. Diggs or Golladay would be there for me. I think I’d probably go with Golladay.

Agreed.  Cooper reminds me of a more productive Sammy.  All the tools to dominate and be the best wr in the league but something is missing.  Still dam good,  it I don’t see him as a top 10 guy.  I’d rather have Diggs for sure

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Cooper reminds me of a more productive Sammy.  All the tools to dominate and be the best wr in the league but something is missing.  Still dam good,  it I don’t see him as a top 10 guy.  I’d rather have Diggs for sure

I still Say Sammy when he was healthy here had top 10 ability.  He played in a high school offense and broke his foot.  It changed his career.  

but I agree on Cooper.  True 1s don’t disappear the way he does.  He’s overrated. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I still Say Sammy when he was healthy here had top 10 ability.  He played in a high school offense and broke his foot.  It changed his career.  

but I agree on Cooper.  True 1s don’t disappear the way he does.  He’s overrated. 

Sammy still has moments when he dominates. He’s SO physically gifted but he’s missing something. I’m not sure if it is heart, mind or both? If he had like 8 catches for 160 and 2 TDs I wouldn’t even blink. If he had a 1,600 yard season I’d shrug. The ability is CLEARLY there but something is missing and has been.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sammy still has moments when he dominates. He’s SO physically gifted but he’s missing something. I’m not sure if it is heart, mind or both? If he had like 8 catches for 160 and 2 TDs I wouldn’t even blink. If he had a 1,600 yard season I’d shrug. The ability is CLEARLY there but something is missing and has been.

I’m excited to draft Sammy for the 7th straight year in fantasy and be disappointed for the 7th straight year!

and in my 4 player keeper league, last year I traded for Diggs and he was money.  But no one lets you down like Bills receivers in fantasy (Brown was a rare exception).  I think Diggs will have a huge impact, I just don’t know if he gets huge numbers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agreed. At one point I thought sammy had the ability to be the best wr in the league.  

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Quite possibly has to do with ghosts 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/29400333/ranking-nfl-best-wide-receivers-2020-execs-players-coaches-debate-top-10

Figured this one could potentially drive some discussion as we finally have a player worthy of being considered for one of these articles. The top 10 according to the 50 league personnel panel ESPN is using (followed by their highest and lowest ranking)

1. Julio Jones - 1st - 7th
  2. Michael Thomas - 1st - 6th
  3. DeAndre Hopkins - 1st - 6th
  4. Odell Beckham - 1st - 10th
  5. Tyreek Hill - 3rd - 11th
  6. Mike Evans - 1st - 12th
  7. DaVante Adams - 1st - 12th
  8. Keenan Allen - 2nd - 10th
  9. Chris Godwin - 4th - unranked
  10. Amari Cooper - 5th - unranked

I always find the outlier votes interesting.   Someone put OBJ first?  Julio 7th?  Thomas 6th?  Allen 2nd?   Hill 11th?   Absurd.

Swap Beckham and Evans and that's my top 5.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Diggs is a good player but since the Bills acquired him, he has become Jerry Rice.  Eclipsed 1,000 yards twice (once barely) and never had double digit tds. That isn’t close to a top 10 resume.  The Bills are a better team for sure with him but I doubt these arguments would be being had if he was in Minny.

The year Diggs barely eclipsed 1,000 yards (2018), he played 15 games because he sat out the season ender.  in 2016 he had 903 yards in 13 games. 

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d have Cooper lower. I just think he’s overrated. Diggs or Golladay would be there for me. I think I’d probably go with Golladay.

Golladay is monster and put up numbers last year with Driskel and Blough at QB after Stafford went down.

One more thing...

Allen Robinson is the most underrated wideout in football.  A top 5 talent that is missing the QB to help get him there.

Edited by Chicken Boo

37 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Golladay is monster and put up numbers last year with Driskel and Blough at QB after Stafford went down.

One more thing...

Allen Robinson is the most underrated wideout in football.  A top 5 talent that is missing the QB to help get him there.

Golladay is legit.  One of the few he ever got off on Tre.  He’s a stud.

and Robinson is tough because it seems like he puts up numbers for crappy teams.  This is why rating receivers is so hard because they are the most dependent players in football.  There are some good receivers who held back by crappy qbs. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I remember watching some replays of Cooper last year where he looked absolutely disinterested. Lack of effort, bad body language, etc. I’m not sure what was happening there but somebody put together film to point it out and there was something going on. 

This is nothing new with him.  He was the same with the Raiders.  The lack of focus also led to many drops.  I was surprised when they traded him, but he is not a reliable #1 go-to WR so I understand that the Raiders didn’t think he was worth his big contract.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billl said:

When discussing Dak, he sucks and has inflated numbers because he has a superstar WR in Cooper.  When discussing WRs, Cooper isn’t even a true #1.

You just called Cooper a superstar, then in the next sentence said he wasn't a true #1. When it comes to Dak, I will say this. The Bills made him look ordinary at best.

Golladay is such a freak.  

Made the mistake of sitting him on Thanksgiving vs the Bears bc of the QB situation (Blough) and well, Bears D.  First pass 75 yard TD.  Of course.

Was preparing to be bitter for 3 days (you just dread Thursday duds or lineup mistakes bc they sit there eating at you).

Bills winning helped erase that.  ;)