ESPN+: Top 10 WRs according to league personnel

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/29400333/ranking-nfl-best-wide-receivers-2020-execs-players-coaches-debate-top-10

Figured this one could potentially drive some discussion as we finally have a player worthy of being considered for one of these articles. The top 10 according to the 50 league personnel panel ESPN is using (followed by their highest and lowest ranking)

1. Julio Jones - 1st - 7th
  2. Michael Thomas - 1st - 6th
  3. DeAndre Hopkins - 1st - 6th
  4. Odell Beckham - 1st - 10th
  5. Tyreek Hill - 3rd - 11th
  6. Mike Evans - 1st - 12th
  7. DaVante Adams - 1st - 12th
  8. Keenan Allen - 2nd - 10th
  9. Chris Godwin - 4th - unranked
  10. Amari Cooper - 5th - unranked

Honorable Mentions:

• Stefon Diggs - ""Would go to battle with Diggs all day. Dude is a beast. And he has that No. 1 WR dog to him. I love that." -- NFL offensive assistant; "He could have a career year in Buffalo by the way they will use him. He's a true No. 1 but he seems constantly unhappy and frustrated." -- another NFL assistant"
  • Adam Thielen
  • Kenny Golladay
  • AJ Green
  • Courtland Sutton
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Tyreek is a good player but he benefits immensely from Mahomes. Look at his stats before Mahomes. His sophomore season was basically John Brown last year. Then Mahomes arrives and his numbers explode.

I would put Evans ahead of Hill and Beckham, but OBJ could have a bounce back year. 

He definitely benefits, btu his talent was obvious from the get-go

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Michael Thomas > Everyone

Coinflip for me between Hopkins and him

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Michael Thomas > Everyone

Who the F ranked Thomas 6th??

So many numbnuts running the NFL.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Antonio Brown would be #4 if he wasn't a headcase. 

I'd put Godwin, Diggs, Golliday, and Cooper in the same tier.

Diggs and Cooper in top 4??

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, he meant an equal tier. I disagree a bit. Godwin is above all of them, and if Cooper continues to play the way he has been he's above Diggs and Golliday too.

Diggs is a very nice player, but I think I'd take Theilen over him

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No.  You could put any of the four at #9 or #10 spot and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

No, he meant an equal tier. I disagree a bit. Godwin is above all of them, and if Cooper continues to play the way he has been he's above Diggs and Golliday too.

Diggs is a very nice player, but I think I'd take Theilen over him

Godwin benefits with them focusing on Evans and Cooper lacks consistency.  Especially on the road.  It'll be interesting to see how Thielen does this year without Diggs drawing the other team's best CB.

33 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Tyreek is a good player but he benefits immensely from Mahomes. Look at his stats before Mahomes. His sophomore season was basically John Brown last year. Then Mahomes arrives and his numbers explode.

I would put Evans ahead of Hill and Beckham, but OBJ could have a bounce back year. 

He made check down king alex smith the best deep passer in the game. "Smith, who had the best season of his career with over 4,000 yards passing, 26 touchdowns and only five interceptions in 2017, was the NFL's most accurate deep passer in 2017 according to Pro Football Focus". He had 1200 yards with smith on like 75 catches and i dont even think he was a full time wr.

I think there is a good argument for him being the most valuable in the game. With his hands, speed and jumping pure talent julio is number 1 but tyreek can do it all and affects the d more than other dudes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d have Cooper lower. I just think he’s overrated. Diggs or Golladay would be there for me. I think I’d probably go with Golladay.

I remember watching some replays of Cooper last year where he looked absolutely disinterested. Lack of effort, bad body language, etc. I’m not sure what was happening there but somebody put together film to point it out and there was something going on.