The War on Whiteness

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure, but who planned that? People fleeing oppression and poverty, same as my grandfather and millions of others in the past. 

And it's not unfettered 

We're on track to have more migrant crossings this year than all of the immigrants that got processed through Ellis Island, all time.

Edited by LeviF

Tulsa race massacre

The Tulsa race massacre took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents, some of whom had been deputized and given weapons by city officials, attacked Black residents and destroyed homes and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma, US. Alternatively known as the Tulsa race riot or the Black Wall Street massacre

the event is considered one of "the single worst incident[s] of racial violence in American history", and is believed to be one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in the history of the United States. The attackers burned and destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the neighborhood – at the time one of the wealthiest Black communities in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Racism has made black people poor. It was government policy. I'm not playing your games of answering you rabbit hole questions. It is just beyond obvious what has happened. 

Racism is a really good crutch & the go to in a lot of situations !  I'm not saying that it doesn't exist because it does but many have risen above it and many others could if they didn't focus so much on that & just work their asses off like a Ben Carson, Opra, Denzel & many others instead of listening to the BS of those like others that continue to fan the flames .

Like in a earlier reply every time something like this happens instead of focusing on what the true problem is that being the break down in letting others know that there is a person running around that could do what these people do because there were a ton of red flags this guy was flying yet they wait until it's to late and lives are lost .

Then every single head line is "A Racially Motivated Crime" which it was but instead of calling it a tragedy which it is no matter the color of any ones skin they continue to fan those racial flames first & fore most to keep it going .

Don't focus on how the ball was dropped as far as people not letting others know this kid could very well be a huge problem & then following up on it after knowing his thought process this kid was the problem not the gun not only because he was a sick deranged white person there are blacks out there that have done the same thing .

Then every chance this POTUS gets a opening like this tragedy he jumps on it & continues to fan the flames to keep the division going . Sure it should be part of the conversation but the tragedy & the break down in stopping nut jobs like this kid should be first & fore most .

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't need hard figures. Just need to know history. Blacks are poor because of racism, so obvious 

Trump is a POS. Period. A pandering jack azz 

Sure, but who planned that? People fleeing oppression and poverty, same as my grandfather and millions of others in the past. 

And it's not unfettered 

you are a walking nonsequitir

doesn't matter who "planned" illegal immigration or what these people are fleeing. They're smart enough to know the southern border is open.

so are you suggesting your grandfather entered the US illegally as well?

yes, it's unfettered ......"not controlled or restricted"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unfettered

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't need hard figures. Just need to know history. Blacks are poor because of racism, so obvious

So the basis of your entire opinion is we all live in a model of 1950's rural Alabama and absolutely nothings changed in 72 years.  Our entire society is frozen in that time.  The Civil Rights act was never signed into law and anti-discrimination laws & regulations and affirmative action initiatives and other legislation and economic and social programs to assist the poor don't exist and blacks have made no social or economic progress since the Civil War ended.  Sound right?    

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump is a POS. Period. A pandering jack azz 

But Biden & the Dems don't pander to anything to keep the divisiveness going do they ? Like the time Pelosi, Schumer & other Dems all kneeled with the African dress on in what ever chamber they were in to pander to those of African decent & didn't even have the right dress for what ever persons they were trying to pander to !

Never saw Trump pull that BS . But you won't admit that that action was pandering .

Then the Dems pandering to how it was "Peaceful demonstrations" while in peaceful demonstration mode those persons burning down gov't buildings in different cities and Dem leadership wouldn't let the police do their jobs and how Trump was a tyrant when he called them out to use National guard to get control so innocent people weren't hurt .

Yet it was a all out  "Surrection" (& all Trumps fault) when stupid people took it upon them selves & made a adult decision & stormed the capital of their own stupidity .

You & others that believe the same really know how to talk out of both sides of your mouth !

Or as my dad use to say "your taking out your ass because your head knows better" !! 

Your just one that sees things the way you want to and no matter bad or good you will not acknowledge it unless it fits what you want it to as long as its what you believe to be .

Like the away you look at inflation in general & gas being $4.29 a gallon now you blame it on everything & every one else but what it is & who brought it on . 

33 minutes ago, LeviF said:

We're on track to have more migrant crossings this year than all of the immigrants that got processed through Ellis Island, all time.

Ya, the world population is much bigger, so of course 

23 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So the basis of your entire opinion is we all live in a model of 1950's rural Alabama and absolutely nothings changed in 72 years.  Our entire society is frozen in that time.  The Civil Rights act was never signed into law and anti-discrimination laws & regulations and affirmative action initiatives and other legislation and economic and social programs to assist the poor don't exist and blacks have made no social or economic progress since the Civil War ended.  Sound right?    

George W. Bush is wealthy, right? Same with Mitt Romney, right? And Trump, yes? 

Now if their fathers had been black would they be rich? I'd say, not likely 

My father would not of been allowed to be a paratrooper, get a PHD or a great job. What would that have meant to me? 

26 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

you are a walking nonsequitir

doesn't matter who "planned" illegal immigration or what these people are fleeing. They're smart enough to know the southern border is open.

so are you suggesting your grandfather entered the US illegally as well?

yes, it's unfettered ......"not controlled or restricted"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unfettered

You said it wasn't an accident. As if it was planned. I guess you are saying we are not trying hard enough to drive people away, correct? 

6 minutes ago, T master said:

But Biden & the Dems don't pander to anything to keep the divisiveness going do they ? Like the time Pelosi, Schumer & other Dems all kneeled with the African dress on in what ever chamber they were in to pander to those of African decent & didn't even have the right dress for what ever persons they were trying to pander to !

Never saw Trump pull that BS . But you won't admit that that action was pandering .

Then the Dems pandering to how it was "Peaceful demonstrations" while in peaceful demonstration mode those persons burning down gov't buildings in different cities and Dem leadership wouldn't let the police do their jobs and how Trump was a tyrant when he called them out to use National guard to get control so innocent people weren't hurt .

Yet it was a all out  "Surrection" (& all Trumps fault) when stupid people took it upon them selves & made a adult decision & stormed the capital of their own stupidity .

You & others that believe the same really know how to talk out of both sides of your mouth !

Or as my dad use to say "your taking out your ass because your head knows better" !! 

Your just one that sees things the way you want to and no matter bad or good you will not acknowledge it unless it fits what you want it to as long as its what you believe to be .

Like the away you look at inflation in general & gas being $4.29 a gallon now you blame it on everything & every one else but what it is & who brought it on . 

Stand down and stand by? 

37 minutes ago, ALF said:

Tulsa race massacre

The Tulsa race massacre took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents, some of whom had been deputized and given weapons by city officials, attacked Black residents and destroyed homes and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma, US. Alternatively known as the Tulsa race riot or the Black Wall Street massacre

the event is considered one of "the single worst incident[s] of racial violence in American history", and is believed to be one of the deadliest terrorist attacks in the history of the United States. The attackers burned and destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the neighborhood – at the time one of the wealthiest Black communities in the United States, known as "Black Wall Street"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

It's almost like they they were attacked for doing very well. Prosperous, thriving community, simply destroyed...hmmm..where have we seen this lately? 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, the world population is much bigger, so of course 

My father would not of been allowed to be a paratrooper, get a PHD or a great job. What would that have meant to me? 

You said it wasn't an accident. As if it was planned. I guess you are saying we are not trying hard enough to drive people away, correct? 

Yes, I am suggesting it's not an accident - you don't think unfettered illegal immigration is happening for specific reasons?

Yes, I am strongly stating Biden is not enforcing immigration laws or protecting our national sovereignty. You are the one presenting dumbed-down word salad, i.e., "we are not trying hard enough to drive people away", as if we owe these people illegal entry.

9 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Yes, I am suggesting it's not an accident - you don't think unfettered illegal immigration is happening for specific reasons?

Yes, I am strongly stating Biden is not enforcing immigration laws or protecting our national sovereignty. You are the one presenting dumbed-down word salad, i.e., "we are not trying hard enough to drive people away", as if we owe these people illegal entry.

Yes, Biden is humane. He is protecting national sovereignty, I mean I don't feel threatened in any way. No dumbing down here. 

You want harsher measures against these people, correct? That's your point. The laws to be fully enforced to round up people and dump them back where they came from. Nah. 

16 minutes ago, T master said:

WHAT ?? 

You have no idea what that means, right? Yet you claim Trump isn't pandering? 🙄

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, Biden is humane. He is protecting national sovereignty, I mean I don't feel threatened in any way. No dumbing down here. 

You want harsher measures against these people, correct? That's your point. The laws to be fully enforced to round up people and dump them back where they came from. Nah. 

How is permitting record-breaking illegal immigration a protection of our national sovereignty? Please be specific.

So glad you don't personally feel threatened..... That's great to hear. 

I've made my point abundantly clear. And please stop pretending Biden is doing this out of sheer humanity. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

1) How is permitting record-breaking illegal immigration a protection of our national sovereignty? Please be specific.

So glad you don't personally feel threatened..... That's great to hear. 

2) I've made my point abundantly clear. And please stop pretending Biden is doing this out of sheer humanity. 

1) That's easy! The more Americans the better. We will be stronger. How is being stronger hurting us? 

2) Are you suggesting it's a war on whites, and that's why he is doing it? 

Reagan did stuff like this 

In 1987, Reagan used his executive authority to legalize the status of minor children of parents granted amnesty under the immigration overhaul, announcing a blanket deferral of deportation for children under 18 who were living in a two-parent household with both parents legalizing or with a single parent who was ...

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

1) That's easy! The more Americans the better. We will be stronger. How is being stronger hurting us? 

2) Are you suggesting it's a war on whites, and that's why he is doing it? 

Reagan did stuff like this 

In 1987, Reagan used his executive authority to legalize the status of minor children of parents granted amnesty under the immigration overhaul, announcing a blanket deferral of deportation for children under 18 who were living in a two-parent household with both parents legalizing or with a single parent who was ...

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 - Wikipedia

1) it's difficult to respond to nonsensical questions so I won't even try

2) I am in no, way, shape, or form suggesting a war on whites. I am against illegal immigration regardless of the ethnicity of who's breaking the law.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My what was to stand down & stand by had absolutely nothing to do with what i wrote prior to that reply as usual you pull some BS change of direction instead of actually answering or replying in a coherent way to what was said .

If you've ever read anything or should i say comprehended any thing i have written you would realize i have said they are all the same & all pander to those they want to get on their side . I myself just always choose the lessor of 2 evils .

It's just some are more blatant about it like the afore mentioned dressing up in African garb that was found to represent a different tribal culture that the one they were trying to pander to.

If you thought for 1 minute that any of them in that setting truly cared about those they were pandering to & didn't recognize it for exactly what it was i'll pray for you because your just drinking the Kool aid .

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Sure those people are wealthy.  And your fathers experience is what it is.   

But once again you're committed to viewing the current time in the context of past social conditions.  I'm talking the present, today in 2022.  Those past conditions no longer exist.  The facts are, in 2022, there are lots of issues impacting poverty.  Income, education, family structure, crime, access to transportation & proximity to employment opportunities, drug and alcohol addiction, fatherless households, teenage girls with children with no education, no job living with relatives.  Generational poverty.  Law, social customs, all conditions have changed and improved over the last 60+ years but surrounded by all that generational poverty continues on without much impact.  

The MAJOR factor is there are cultural norms and customs governing the lives of the poor that inhibit them from functioning in society at-large.  Much different culturally from the middle class social context where most of us exist.  And the wealthy you cite?  I'd have no more chance of navigating the culture of the wealthy than a person in poverty has navigating the culture of the middle class.  And unfortunately, almost all institutions, companies, organizations, and social situations and social support systems are designed and focused on the middle class social norms and existence.  A major reason why people in poverty have difficulty dealing with "life".   This is the reality of the challenges they face.  

Do you have any experience interacting with poor people about their situation?  Or personally know people or some relatives that are poor?  Does your job bring you into contact with people in poverty?  Do you understand their thought processes, what they face, how they view the world, the social context of their lives?  I'd be curious how anyone that understands the behaviors and conditions of people in generational poverty can conclude that racism is the thing keeping them poor.  Because it isn't.    

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1