The War on Whiteness

1 hour ago, nkreed said:

Come on man, you can't bait with that. When there is a ~5:1 ratio of whites: blacks, numerically there should be more poor white people, unless the poverty rate is 5x that of whites: then they'd be even.

So, that point you are making is that maximally, blacks can be at a poverty rate 4.9x higher than whites.

Also your first question is that wealth is concentrated to relatively few.

I'm saying there's no demonstrable evidence that racism is the sole cause of black poverty.  Its a belief.  A false belief.  There are other factors.  And ignoring these other factors inhibits addressing the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm saying there's no demonstrable evidence that racism is the sole cause of black poverty.  Its a belief.  A false belief.  There are other factors.  And ignoring these other factors inhibits addressing the problem.

i once read a fascinating study looking at socioeconomic status from generation to generation which statistically proved by far the number 1 indicator of poverty and crime was two parent households vs not. AND when normalized for single parent household rate race wasn’t a factor at all. 

another study in the same bent, showed that Nigerians or near descendants with intact Nigerian cultural values (strong family and education) in the US had higher per household income that almost any other demographic.

The narrative peddlers won’t touch this  … they can’t. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Ok, then say that. Don't go out of your way to say that, numerically, more whites are poor than blacks. That's purposefully misleading.

43 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i once read a fascinating study looking at socioeconomic status from generation to generation which statistically proved by far the number 1 indicator of poverty and crime was two parent households vs not. AND when normalized for single parent household rate race wasn’t a factor at all. 

another study in the same bent, showed that Nigerians or near descendants with intact Nigerian cultural values (strong family and education) in the US had higher per household income that almost any other demographic.

The narrative peddlers won’t touch this  … they can’t. 

They can and you can too. You can research the institutionalized racism that has propagated American systems and it's impact on minorites.  We can talk about 'redlining,' Plessy v Ferguson, the Greenwood District in Tulsa, OK, or really any other laws legislated by white males for their some benefit (don't be so naive to believe that laws aren't written to benefit the legislators or their coffers).

It is my opinion that there has been an assault on minority family structure. The war on drugs, again in my opinion, was a thinly veiled assault on minorites because it hurt white people. Just like the opioid epidemic wasn't a big deal until it started hitting white families. 

These are my opinions, and others can disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nkreed said:

laws aren't written to benefit the legislators or their coffers

Yep- political elite benefit political elites. This isn’t a race game it’s a power game silly… and poc in the political elite benefit in all the same ways.

10 minutes ago, nkreed said:

We can talk about 'redlining,' Plessy v Ferguson, the Greenwood District in Tulsa

Ummm it’s 2022 bud. My family had relatives subjected to prison camps and genocide in the time frame your speaking about, lost everything. Talk about being marginalized.

12 minutes ago, nkreed said:

family structure.

Yes - the liberal agenda to undermine family structure has been a direct cause of poverty and crime. We agree on this. It’s the single biggest predictor of crime and poverty, irrespective of race. 

15 minutes ago, nkreed said:

The war on drugs,

People make it out like a bunch of racist politicians invented the drug problem as a reason to pick on minorities. Maybe it was a nonissue, but it seemed to me that the proliferation of crack went very badly for everyone. 

19 minutes ago, nkreed said:

opioid epidemic

This has everything to do with political corruption and big pharma

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This includes you? 

15 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

please stop with this canard

What and what? 

14 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It's far and away the biggest factor of all. Blacks are poor because of racism. 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What and what? 

to your comment that the change in demographics "is just happening" ...... 

c'mon man - it's not an accident

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You originally said it was "the reason".  So what is you definition of racism and how are you measuring it?  And as a result of your calculations what percentage of poor blacks are kept poor by racism? 

16 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

to your comment that the change in demographics "is just happening" ...... 

c'mon man - it's not an accident

That the country's demographics are changing? Then what do you ascribe it to? 

12 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You originally said it was "the reason".  So what is you definition of racism and how are you measuring it?  And as a result of your calculations what percentage of poor blacks are kept poor by racism? 

Racism has made black people poor. It was government policy. I'm not playing your games of answering you rabbit hole questions. It is just beyond obvious what has happened. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That the country's demographics are changing? Then what do you ascribe it to? 

Racism has made black people poor. It was government policy. I'm not playing your games of answering you rabbit hole questions. It is just beyond obvious what has happened. 

record-setting, unfettered, illegal immigration would be one cause - would you not agree?

On 7/10/2020 at 8:03 AM, Tiberius said:

There are actually people out there that voted against him! That’s discrimination! Why are people so full of hate? 

What??? Doesn’t that describe Trump and this thread describe perfectly? 

Trump is a racial leader 

He's radical only in that he will not follow the status quo & goes against every thing those in DC (the Swamp) stand for ! Because he has been a very shrewd business man & 99% of those in DC are life long politicians/lawyers living on BS promises they can't keep with a agenda & Trump went against the majority of them ! 

That is why he is radical because he wouldn't conform to what the swamp wanted him to but seeing as what has transpired since he was voted out in comparison to who's there today i'll take him as the lessor of 2 evils because this guy now in office is part of the problem & not a business man at all !! 

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

record-setting, unfettered, illegal immigration would be one cause - would you not agree?

I agree many in Central America and other countries are so desperate they are willing to risk their life to get here. If you were in their shoes would you try to make it here?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

I agree many in Central America and other countries are so desperate they are willing to risk their life to get here. If you were in their shoes would you try to make it here?

That's not the point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm asking you for some hard figures to back up a premise that you're peddling here as fact that is actually nothing more than your opinion.  I'll ask again. How are you measuring the impact of racism on keeping poor blacks poor?    

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm asking you for some hard figures to back up a premise that you're peddling here as fact that is actually nothing more than your opinion.  I'll ask again. How are you measuring the impact of racism on keeping poor blacks poor?    

Don't need hard figures. Just need to know history. Blacks are poor because of racism, so obvious 

16 minutes ago, T master said:

He's radical only in that he will not follow the status quo & goes against every thing those in DC (the Swamp) stand for ! Because he has been a very shrewd business man & 99% of those in DC are life long politicians/lawyers living on BS promises they can't keep with a agenda & Trump went against the majority of them ! 

That is why he is radical because he wouldn't conform to what the swamp wanted him to but seeing as what has transpired since he was voted out in comparison to who's there today i'll take him as the lessor of 2 evils because this guy now in office is part of the problem & not a business man at all !! 

Trump is a POS. Period. A pandering jack azz 

18 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Sure, but who planned that? People fleeing oppression and poverty, same as my grandfather and millions of others in the past. 

And it's not unfettered 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Don't need hard figures. Just need to know history. Blacks are poor because of racism, so obvious 

Trump is a POS. Period. A pandering jack azz 

Sure, but who planned that? People fleeing oppression and poverty, same as my grandfather and millions of others in the past. 

And it's not unfettered 

You’ve been groomed well.