The War on Whiteness

10 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Let's call this BLM movement what it really is. Yes, it is a Marxist movement, but the path to Marxism runs through the province of conflict. In this conflict the Bourgeoisie is comprised of those bestowed with "white privilege" and the Proletariat are the minorities oppressed by said privilege.

It is noteworthy that the people relentlessly pushing to radicalize minorities with anti white sentiment are the same who gleefully remind us that white people are only a generation or two from being a minority. It seems that their vision of a utopian future is something vaguely resembling South Africa. Obviously, this will not occur overnight.

In the interim we will regress to a form of racial discrimination similar to that which we emerged from in the 20th century. Racial  identities are becoming prioritized. One's racial grouping is increasingly viewed as a collective consciousness unbroken by time, rather than a successive group of individuals who are separate and distinct from one another.

The philosophy of intersectionality dictates that justice is served by attribution of guilt and grievances upon individuals based on group identity, thus holding one individual responsible to another for a debt he did not incur.

The following piece details how this is already coming to fruition.

https://townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2020/07/10/the-new-systemic-racism-that-is-coming-n2572229

To summarize -- "Ah ain't no racist, but them Nigrahs are just so ungrateful fo' us freein' them from slavery 155 years ago!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

To summarize -- "Ah ain't no racist, but them Nigrahs are just so ungrateful fo' us freein' them from slavery 155 years ago!"

No.

not a summarization.

Just another chance for you to spout your false interpretation of what conservative thought really is.

Shameful.

52 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BLM is simply a group meant to promote far leftist groups with a brilliant name that if you say you're against them, you are inherently racist.

This is why we should now refer to the group as BLM and the movement, which I am all for, as Black Lives Matter.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Have liberals started calling Sowell an Uncle Tom or a ***** yet? 

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

there are obviously privileges of being white.  Just like there are privileges of being a minority.  Thinking otherwise, is very very dumb.  

Wait. So there's black privilege and brown privilege? Then why do you guys only whine about white privilege?

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Wait. So there's black privilege and brown privilege? Then why do you guys only whine about white privilege?

Why do you think only guys whine about it??? Do you hate your own sex or something?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In the TS thread TH3 (I think) said that Thomas Sowell acted white, so yes.  But unfortunately, I think that stated a long long time ago. 

On 7/1/2020 at 7:17 AM, TH3 said:

This guy wants to be white more than Clarence Thomas......because POTUS knows....WHITE POWER!

As referenced above. Disgusting. 

Edited by dubs

40 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

there are obviously privileges of being white.  Just like there are privileges of being a minority.  Thinking otherwise, is very very dumb.  

List them. Both of being white and being a minority. 

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

In the TS thread TH3 (I think) said that Thomas Sowell acted white, so yes.  But unfortunately, I think that stated a long long time ago. 

As referenced above. Disgusting. 

Typical leftist: as the racist Biden explained, if you don't agree with them, you ain't black.

So embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You seem a bit judgemental. That is not typically a trait that promotes tolerance and openness to other opinions. Perhaps, you were describing yourself?

oh i am certain i have my moments. i think i have improved quite a bit in the past 10 years or so. as a musician and composer, active listening is pretty much a requirement in my life and i have tried to use that skill when engaged in discussion.

I saw a documentary which inspired me and really got me thinking about listening to each other a few years ago. It was about Daryl Davis who is a black musician who engages KKK members in dialogue, inquiring about their hatred for him. He actually listened to them and their reasoning and was able to get them to listen to him too. Sometimes, once they were done talking, the KKK guys quit the clan and gifted their robes to Daryl.

I wonder if you see much evidence of constructive discourse in these threads? I don't. Perhaps that's judgemental of me, or maybe it is simply an observation.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

List them. Both of being white and being a minority. 

no.  If someone does not think there are advantages and disadvantages of your skin color (all skin colors) they are either very dumb or not willing to have a serious conversation.  I don’t know what group you fall in and don’t really care.  

Edited by Crayola64

7 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

oh i am certain i have my moments. i think i have improved quite a bit in the past 10 years or so. as a musician and composer, active listening is pretty much a requirement in my life and i have tried to use that skill when engaged in discussion.

I saw a documentary which inspired me and really got me thinking about listening to each other a few years ago. It was about Daryl Davis who is a black musician who engages KKK members in dialogue, inquiring about their hatred for him. He actually listened to them and their reasoning and was able to get them to listen to him too. Sometimes, once they were done talking, the KKK guys quit the clan and gifted their robes to Daryl.

I wonder if you see much evidence of constructive discourse in these threads? I don't. Perhaps that's judgemental of me, or maybe it is simply an observation.

I believe those with the ability for introspection and the willingness to engage in critical self analyses tend to grow as they age. They also tend to be more willing to engage in discussions that do not degenerate into childish tantrums. However, we all have our moments, particularly when we are passionate about the particular topic.

I do believe there is considrable constructive discourse within this forum. Unfortunately, there are a minority of posters, on both sides of whatever issue is being discussed, that immediately want to take it to a personal level. It is a microcosm of the toxic nature of the national dialogue in this country over the last few years: a minority of voices on the extremes belittling, shaming, labeling, and, in general, drowing out the reasonable voices.

It seems that almost every thread these days gets hijacked by a minority of posters.

It doesn't mean meaningful, constructive discussions no longer exist. You just have to wade through more posts by those who don't care to engage in honest debate. It certainly doesn't mean we should stop trying.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

no.  If someone does not think there are advantages and disadvantages of your skin color (all skin colors) they are either very dumb or not willing to have a serious conversation.  I don’t know what group you fall in and don’t really care.  

Demented brain right here. ⬆️

Edited by dubs
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's play a game.

It's called spot the substantive argument. The rules are simple:

- The object is to see who can find the highest number of substantive arguments in the following posts.

- An argument does not have to be an objectively good argument to qualify, it just needs to address a relevant issue in controversy and provide substantive reasoning for the position taken. (See Sample Post below for illustration)

- Signify any qualifying argument copying and pasting it in your response.

- In the case of a tie, a winner will be determined by who can present the best critique of a cited post (entertainment value may be a factor).

- All matters of scoring will be decided by the Honorable Judge Rob's House.

- We're on the honor system here, so please don't cheat off anyone else's post. Cheaters never win (unless they're Democrats).

Winner gets an all expense paid night of dinner and drinks with Rob's House at a venue of Rob's choosing.*

Special thanks to Capco for allowing us to use his post as a sample for this illustration.

8 hours ago, Capco said:

WHAT?!  You think at some point we emerged from the racial discrimination of the 20th century?  You've got to be white to have your head that far in the sand.  

? This would not qualify. It is merely an ad hominem preceded with a question that implies a conclusion.

Lol.  The point of the meeting in Seattle was for the white employees of the city to check and be aware of their white privilege, not reprimand them for some biological, unavoidable phenotype that white people have (aka "how they were born").  

? This qualifies. It states a point relevant to the substance of an issue in dispute and provides the reasoning for the position.

They are not saying that white people are inferior.  But unfortunately when you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.  

? This is borderline, but it would qualify. Again, it's not the strength of the argument that counts.

No wonder so many in this nation are so utterly ignorant when the talking heads spew nonsense like this segment.  

? This does not qualify.

Let the games begin:

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

White victimhood, with victim Trump at the helm.

White people just can't catch a break.

Poor white people. 

Send your cash to the Klan to help rectify the problem. 

Won't you please help?

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Trump has been persecuted his entire life because he's white. He is the ultimate victim. I don't know how he puts up with it.

The poor darling.

3 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Lol wahhhhhhh.   Scawy times wob’s house 

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

que Sarah Mclachlan song.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

Why do you think only guys whine about it??? Do you hate your own sex or something?

54 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Yes, he's always been a great friend to the black community. Who can forget his father and him as two of the most racist realtors in NYC? Who can forget his full-page ad against the Central Park Five? Who can forget him refusing to change his mind even when they were exonerated? 

Yes, he is a saint to the black community. That is why he is so beloved by them.

* Travel and accommodations not included. "All expenses" limited to whatever Rob deems reasonable and just.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing but what’s any of this have to do with Trump’s white privilege? He’s spent nearly four years touting his record of job production in the black community. He didn’t sit there offering them government cheese and crocodile wokeness like Nancy, Chuck, Joe and Barack. He got them jobs! 

Yes, he's always been a great friend to the black community. Who can forget his father and him as two of the most racist realtors in NYC? Who can forget his full-page ad against the Central Park Five? Who can forget him refusing to change his mind even when they were exonerated? 

Yes, he is a saint to the black community. That is why he is so beloved by them.

It also makes it difficult to explain why he is a darling of white supremacists.

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

How do we have a serious conversation without a point or two to start?

Give us your top 3 white privileges and we can start there unless you're merely looking for this type of conversation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

These threads are all the same: a bunch of people with strong opinions based on what they are told to think, whilst being unwilling to truly listen to others who are contrary. It is a shame.

That's the nature of political discourse in our country, look for any way someone might be wrong and ignore all the ways they may be right. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

No.

not a summarization.

Just another chance for you to spout your false interpretation of what conservative thought really is.

Shameful.

What is truly shameful is that you don't understand that Trump isn't anywhere near a Conservative.

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Tell you what, if you want to hold every 70+ year old white politician to the standard of did they ever once say/do anything negative that could have been racially influenced based on July 2020 standards you're gonna find that nearly all in both parties should have their pictures and records erased from history forever. 

We really need to get back to the Fed government solving it's fiscal, foreign policy/military, health insurance/health care (including covid-19 for the short term) and illegal immigration issues.  I'll add corruption.  The rest is just noise.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2