Raheem Mostert requests trade

On 7/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, NewEra said:

He’s a fast running back getting carries in a shanahan offense.  Is anyone surprised he’s producing?  He should be happy with his 3.5 mill a year imo.  His salary is what’s keeping him a niner. If he wants more, someone else is gonna have to pay him.  I doubt SF gives him more

The Shanahans have had one HOF RB: Terrell Davis. And one very good one: Alfred Morris. And a pretty good one: Clinton Portis. And a bunch of other replaceable parts that have all used that offense to put up a big season or two before sliding back into obscurity. I get that Mostert wants to cash in now before it's too late, but I've got news for him: it's already too late. The Shanahans understand that RBs are like power hitting first basemen/DHs in baseball -  as Bill James correctly noted about 30 years ago, there will always be plenty of them available, and true shortage of talent almost never occurs at that position.

Mike Shanahan lead RBs

Olandis Gary (1000 yards rushing)

Mike Anderson (1487 yards, 5.0 YPC ... with Brian Griese at QB)

Ruben Droughns (1000)

Cinton Portis (consecutive 1500 yard, 5.5 YPC seasons, followed by about 4.0 YPC after the Broncos traded him)

Tatum Bell (921 yards, 5.3 YPC followed by a 1000 yard season in 2006 - last spotted at a shopping mall in Denver c. 2008 selling my dad a cellphone)

Kyle Shanahan

Steve Slaton (1282 yards, 4.8 YPC)

Alfred Morris (1623 yards, 4.8)

Devonta Freeman/Tevin Coleman (Falcons)

Carlos Hyde/Matt Breida (Niners)

Coleman/Breida/Mostert (last year)

On 7/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

The Shanahans have had one HOF RB: Terrell Davis. And one very good one: Alfred Morris. And a pretty good one: Clinton Portis. And a bunch of other replaceable parts that have all used that offense to put up a big season or two before sliding back into obscurity. I get that Mostert wants to cash in now before it's too late, but I've got news for him: it's already too late. The Shanahans understand that RBs are like power hitting first basemen/DHs in baseball -  as Bill James correctly noted about 30 years ago, there will always be plenty of them available, and true shortage of talent almost never occurs at that position.

Mike Shanahan lead RBs

Olandis Gary (1000 yards rushing)

Mike Anderson (1487 yards, 5.0 YPC ... with Brian Griese at QB)

Ruben Droughns (1000)

Cinton Portis (consecutive 1500 yard, 5.5 YPC seasons, followed by about 4.0 YPC after the Broncos traded him)

Tatum Bell (921 yards, 5.3 YPC followed by a 1000 yard season in 2006 - last spotted at a shopping mall in Denver c. 2008 selling my dad a cellphone)

Kyle Shanahan

Steve Slaton (1282 yards, 4.8 YPC)

Alfred Morris (1623 yards, 4.8)

Devonta Freeman/Tevin Coleman (Falcons)

Carlos Hyde/Matt Breida (Niners)

Coleman/Breida/Mostert (last year)

That Portis trade was brilliant.

There was one guy who had like 150 yards rushing for Denver on opening day....I think he set a record for most fantasy football waiver requests on one day.....then didn't do jack.