Raheem Mostert requests trade

The guy has 2 years left on his deal...has been in the league for 5 years and has had 1 good year at a position that doesn't get paid (because you can replace even the very best at it with a rookie and get good production). I'm not sure what his expectations are...

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

With how many keep popping up I'm guessing it's just that time of year.

Maybe (just maybe) other coaches are taking the McDermott/Beane approach and saying “Go test the waters ...and good luck. We have players that want to play football”

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't realize he'd been in the league for 5 years.  There isn't much of a track record but what there is over the last year or so (since someone decided to give him a shot) is pretty good.  He was a beast down the stretch last year.  I wonder how much he's asking for;  I'm sure SF is up against the cap but presumably they could squeeze out a little extra money for their best back.

Just now, KD in CA said:

I didn't realize he'd been in the league for 5 years.  There isn't much of a track record but what there is over the last year or so (since someone decided to give him a shot) is pretty good.  He was a beast down the stretch last year.  I wonder how much he's asking for;  I'm sure SF is up against the cap but presumably they could squeeze out a little extra money for their best back.

The guy has been on 6 teams in 6 years and only just this pst year started getting some carries. He also just last year signed a 3-year deal. 

maybe San Fran can throw a little more money at him, but I suspect he’s not as valuable as he thinks. 

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

maybe San Fran can throw a little more money at him, but I suspect he’s not as valuable as he thinks. 

I think they should and I kind of don't understand San Fran's take on this to be honest, especially considering they traded Breida as well. Are they really going to try and trust McKinnon again? The guy hasn't played since 2017, which is kind of ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Billl said:

He was signed as a special teams player, and he’s now their feature back.  He basically got a huge promotion but is paid substantially less than his backups.

he’s the 24th highest paid rb in the league 

maybe not great but not league minimum or anything either 

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Billl said:

He was signed as a special teams player, and he’s now their feature back.  He basically got a huge promotion but is paid substantially less than his backups.

I suppose he has a point about being signed to a special teamer-scale deal. Ain't like running backs are breaking the bank nowadays though either. He probably thinks he has more leverage now since they got rid of Breida and McKinnon is an entire unknown at this point in terms of his future availability.

• Like (+1) 3

I thought posters would be creating funds to pay for his laywer since they they bashed the Bills so much about Jason Peters contract with him holding out after switching position and devil's advocate playing hard ball.  Mostert's stats are really not that impressive.  His contract was just signed last year and he certainly was not forced to sign it but was good idea since SF/SJ was only team to keep him being on his 5th team.

As another poster stated he is not being paid poorly especially for production.  Mostert is on the second year of a three-year contract extension signed in March 2019. He received a $1 million signing bonus at the time, and is due $2,575,000 in 2020 and $2,875,000 in 2021.

35 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This would make it Coleman’s gig, right? Is mckinnon still wandering around there? 

Yes McKinnon is there and has been hurt, so if he is healthy can’t see mostert getting much action. They also have Jalen Hurd who can be a hybrid and Jeff Wilson Jr.

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes McKinnon is there and has been hurt, so if he is healthy can’t see mostert getting much action. They also have Jalen Hurd who can be a hybrid and Jeff Wilson Jr.

That's assuming McKinnon can even return to the player he was. Guy has been with the 49ers for 2 years and never played a single snap. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Running back means nothing in a shanahan system. Guy better be careful playing hardball. Kyle will pluck a UDFA and rush him for 800 yards. 

Since he got only 772 yards out of Raheem that would be an improvement.

He should be really careful or he will be cut and if he is not on roster when NFL decides to not play he will get nothing.  In this game of musical chairs you want to make sure you have a seat.

• Like (+1) 1