A Cashless Society is Oppressive and Tyrannical

9 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

You should have seen the bull#### I used to write on the tip jar sign. None of it was real :)

So are admitting you have little integrity and no issue with spouting crap you have clue about. There is a coin shortage of sorts, not like we are running out but the distribution is not running properly 

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

So are admitting you have little integrity and no issue with spouting crap you have clue about. There is a coin shortage of sorts, not like we are running out but the distribution is not running properly 

?

I found a link to support Joe in Winslow's claim. 

19 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And yet, I saw a sign just yesterday in a shop that proclaimed it as such.

Interesting, no?

This is something I’ve been warning about for years.

A monopoly on control over the money supply is where government derives its power, hence its ruthless prosecution of counterfeiters and consistent opposition to barter transaction and cryptos. As Leviathan continues to grow, and expand it‘s power over the masses, new mechanisms of control become ever more important to the puppet masters.

A cashless society affords then the ultimate control mechanism.  You cannot, without the government‘s knowledge and consent, engage in any normal human behavior.

Interacting with the world is transacting with others.  Being able to do so without government intervention is what freedom actually is.

This also directly enables a wealth tax on all savings via negative interest rates, and this tax wouldn‘t even require congressional debate, but rather would simply be enacted through Fed policy.

This on top of everything Rob has listed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Thanks Rob. 

There’s really no beneficial argument to move toward cashless. None.

I’m sure the resident communists here will be chiming in shortly to take the view of giving more freedom, power, and control to the few, nameless, faceless institutions they always promote giving their agency away to. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

?

I found a link to support Joe in Winslow's claim. 

I did not see that before I replied- I am very use to people on here being proudly ignorant and I should have given you a chance before jumping on you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is something I’ve been warning about for years.

A monopoly on control over the money supply is where government derives its power, hence its ruthless prosecution of counterfeiters and consistent opposition to barter transaction and cryptos. As Leviathan continues to grow, and expand it‘s power over the masses, new mechanisms of control become ever more important to the puppet masters.

A cashless society affords then the ultimate control mechanism.  You cannot, without the government‘s knowledge and consent, engage in any normal human behavior.

Interacting with the world is transacting with others.  Being able to do so without government intervention is what freedom actually is.

This also directly enables a wealth tax on all savings via negative interest rates, and this tax wouldn‘t even require congressional debate, but rather would simply be enacted through Fed policy.

This on top of everything Rob has listed.

While I agree with a lot of what you said prosecution of counterfeiters and tax cheats has other roots.  The federal government does this to keep inflation reined in and assures that the federal government can operate to in part maintain national defense.

Too bad that the Mennonites and Amish shy away from the court system as they could file suit claiming a cashless society infringes on religious freedom.  Weird Al could do a follow up to Amish Paradise in support of those groups.

5 hours ago, Rob's House said:

* Banks have full control of every single penny you own.

* You will have no choice but to declare & be taxed on every dollar in your possession.

In addition to the obvious privacy concerns, what I worry about under such a system is that the Federal Reserve would attempt to force people to spend by gradually removing funds from bank accounts via negative interest rates.  For at least ten years, the Fed's repressing interest rates has punished savers.  In future recessions, under such a system, policy makers would undoubtedly see negative rates as a tool for forcing people to spend to get the economy moving again.  What you don't spend, you would lose, via negative interest rates.

If they go ahead with this, and because it's a terrible idea I'm sure there's a lot of support for it (because there are few adults running our country right now), I assume people would move to alternative forms of currency, like Bitcoin.

Edited by Artful Dodger
Edited to acknowledge TakeYouToTasker made the same point.
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Pennies, I'd be fine with. They're an enormous pain in the rear.

I throw them away.  

I only keep the “silver” for parking meters. I went through a lot of time when I lived in the Bay Area. Here in the suburbs of South OC I don’t even know what a parking meter looks like. 

And my credit card is hacked at least twice a year.  My money clip?  Never.  And all you guys bitching about the government knowing where every penny goes and not one of you concerned about the wives knowing. ?

Edited by Chef Jim

The quicker a cashless society comes about the quicker we will see a one world currency.

It will be at that time there will be a world leader.

It is coming quick. Look at how much has changed in four short months.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Saw this elsewhere.

FB_IMG_1594318492368.jpg

The coin shortage is probably my fault... It's all these coffee cans full of change under my desk. My bank used to take it and count it out, to deposit in my accounts, but they don't have change counters anymore, and only offer to give me coin wrappers to count it myself. And I think those machines at the grocer charge to count it for you. 

Agenda 21 is the big one that Obama supported. You see his (and globalists) goal was to get the UN by treaty to declare guns against the law. The Constitution holds treaties above any other law and the theory was it would over-ride even the second amendment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Beast said:

The quicker a cashless society comes about the quicker we will see a one world currency.

It will be at that time there will be a world leader.

It is coming quick. Look at how much has changed in four short months.

Will we see Biden again before the election and what will be the excuse when we do not?

54 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And my credit card is hacked at least twice a year.  My money clip?  Never.  And all you guys bitching about the government knowing where every penny goes and not one of you concerned about the wives knowing.

Ha!!!! I have no problem with my wife knowing where our money goes. Instead of cards being hacked, my biggest problem is my wife losing hers once of twice a year. With her blessing though, while I have credit cards in her name, the only card she keeps with her all the time in a debit card I keep less than a grand in at a time just in case... ?

I do also keep cash on me, more for bars, or especially tips. 99% of the time, I tip with cash so it's up to them if they want to claim it or not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Ha!!!! I have no problem with my wife knowing where our money goes. Instead of cards being hacked, my biggest problem is my wife losing hers once of twice a year. With her blessing though, while I have credit cards in her name, the only card she keeps with her all the time in a debit card I keep less than a grand in at a time just in case... ?

I do also keep cash on me, more for bars, or especially tips. 99% of the time, I tip with cash so it's up to them if they want to claim it or not. 

I had $53 in my money clip at the beginning of this covid crap. I'm down to 3 singles.  I may have to reload in the next month or so.  

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

A fringe totalitarian movement to eliminate cash is being pushed into the mainstream.

It's justified under the guise of public health and economic efficiency, but it is one of the most terrifying propositions ever to enter the conversation and must be stamped out immediately.

It will no doubt be embraced by those who have undying trust in the virtue of government, and accepted by those who can't see beneath the surface level of the issue. 

It will be easy to snow the unsuspecting masses who rarely use cash, so the warning bells must be rung before they've been duped.

The following is a copy/paste that doesn't really get to the more disastrous implications, but lays out a lot of the issues that the average Joe hasn't considered.

"A cashless society means no cash. Zero. It doesn’t mean mostly cashless and you can still use a ‘wee bit of cash here & there’. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable, fully controlled. I think those who support a cashless society aren’t fully aware of what they are asking for.

A cashless society means:

* If you are struggling with your mortgage on a particular month, you can’t do an odd job to get you through.

* Your child can’t go & help the local farmer to earn a bit of summer cash.

* No more cash slipped into the hands of a child as a good luck charm or from their grandparent when going on holidays.

* No more money in birthday cards.

* No more piggy banks for your child to collect pocket money & to learn about the value of earning.

* No more cash for a rainy day fund or for that something special you have been putting $20 a week away for.

* No more little jobs on the side because your wages barely cover the bills or put food on the table.

* No more charity collections.

* No more selling bits & pieces from your home that you no longer want/need for a bit of cash in return.

* No more cash gifts from relatives or loved ones.

What a cashless society does guarantee:

* Banks have full control of every single penny you own.

* Every transaction you make is recorded.

* All your movements & actions are traceable.

* Access to your money can be blocked at the click of a button when/if banks need ‘clarification’ from you which will take about 3 weeks, a thousand questions answered & five thousand passwords.

* You will have no choice but to declare & be taxed on every dollar in your possession.

* The government WILL decide what you can & cannot purchase.

* If your transactions are deemed in any way questionable, by those who create the questions, your money will be frozen, ‘for your own good’.

Forget about cash being dirty. Stop being so easily led. Cash has been around for a very, very, very long time & it gives you control over how you trade with the world. It gives you independence. I heard a story where a man supposedly contracted Covid because of a $20 bill he had handled. There is the same chance of Covid being on a card as being on cash. If you cannot see how utterly ridiculous this assumption is then there is little hope.

If you are a customer, pay with cash. If you are a shop owner, remove those ridiculous signs that ask people to pay by card. Cash is a legal tender, it is our right to pay with cash. Banks are making it increasingly difficult to lodge cash & that has nothing to do with a virus, nor has this ‘dirty money’ trend.

Please open your eyes. Please stop believing everything you are being told. Almost every single topic in today’s world is tainted with corruption & hidden agendas. Please stop telling me & others like me that we are what’s wrong with the world when you hail the most corrupt members of society as your heroes.

Politics & greed is what is wrong with the world; not those who are trying to alert you to the reality in which you are blindly floating along whilst being immobilised by irrational fear. Fear created to keep you doing & believing in exactly what you are complacently doing.

Pay with cash & please say no to a cashless society while you still have the choice."

However will tax cheats, criminals, and other ne'er-do-wells hide their $$$ if they can't use cash to hide their transactions?

34 minutes ago, Cinga said:

The coin shortage is probably my fault... It's all these coffee cans full of change under my desk. My bank used to take it and count it out, to deposit in my accounts, but they don't have change counters anymore, and only offer to give me coin wrappers to count it myself. And I think those machines at the grocer charge to count it for you. 

Agenda 21 is the big one that Obama supported. You see his (and globalists) goal was to get the UN by treaty to declare guns against the law. The Constitution holds treaties above any other law and the theory was it would over-ride even the second amendment. 

A constitutional amendment would still trump a treaty, but given the way we've delegated 9 oligarchs the ability to amend the constitution by majority vote, it would not surprise me to see them make a run at it.