Trump's railing about schools reopening, so might as well talk about it

On 7/30/2020 at 11:26 AM, 3rdnlng said:

Lay off all of the teachers unwilling to go to work. 

...LMAO!...and their Unions would up their blackmail ante to the Dems......with Pelousy and Chuck the Schmuck riding their mules to the rescue..................

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Overnight sleepaway camps are different than school settings.  It would be prudent to learn from other countries about reopening schools and here's a decent article on that subject.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/school-openings-across-globe-suggest-ways-keep-coronavirus-bay-despite-outbreaks

Here's the critical half of the equation you guys never seem to bother with when making this argument:

How did those other countries do in terms of controlling the virus?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Magox said:

That’s not what it said.

Most people had symptoms and that they said asymptomatic transmission “may” have occurred.   In other words they don’t know.    

Also this is a setting where there were many staffers that were in settings with the students for long periods of time.   Very highly likely that the staffers infected the students.

Whoever was making the connection to this and implications for schools is a moron.   Two totally different set of dynamics.  But never underestimate the mainstream media, their mainstream viewers and politicians to somehow equivocate the two.

Oh, wearing cloth masks in this setting would have done zilch.

THE EFFECT, HOWEVER, WAS BASICALLY LIKE THE FLU: 

44% of attendees at Georgia overnight camp test positive for COVID-19.

“Among 136 cases with available symptom data, 26% patients reported no symptoms.

For the 100 with symptoms, the most common were fever, 65%; headache, 61%, and sore throat, 46%, the agency said.”

• Like (+1) 1

This is a rant and I know this is anecdotal but just got out of first meeting of year with about 40 people in meeting room, the rest teleconference. 8 people were hugging, and hovering around each other for several minutes until my principal had to actually tell them to separate. The reason I am so pissed is these 8 are some of the biggest union people who have publicly bitched about having to return to school and how schools will not do a good job of stopping the virus. I was not overly worried about getting sick at school until I saw them because how can I discipline a child when they can't be responsible?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Different Perspective

The charter school is a threat to my job just as other banks were a threat when I was in banking. If I can't convince people I am their best option for their kids, why should they be stuck with me? No one of intelligence argues that competition causes worse results for the consumer, no matter the industry.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They think we're stupid. 

If she had simply stating it was at end of quarter and they would reevaluate it in early October would have at least given the possibility of it being anything except politics. Her acting like she does not understand the question shows how few times she gets asked a hard question.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!...and their Unions would up their blackmail ante to the Dems......with Pelousy and Chuck the Schmuck riding their mules to the rescue..................

This is the wittiness I expect — actually, demand — from someone who graduated the eight grade with honors. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is a rant and I know this is anecdotal but just got out of first meeting of year with about 40 people in meeting room, the rest teleconference. 8 people were hugging, and hovering around each other for several minutes until my principal had to actually tell them to separate. The reason I am so pissed is these 8 are some of the biggest union people who have publicly bitched about having to return to school and how schools will not do a good job of stopping the virus. I was not overly worried about getting sick at school until I saw them because how can I discipline a child when they can't be responsible?

This is a fair point.  And I don’t blame you for being upset. 

On 8/1/2020 at 8:25 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Uday has spoken.  He’s so smart and accomplished!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just saw this, not sure of veracity, but looks accurate. Just wow. 

That is very accurate. Their demands have been distributed in writing.

So when your average leftist tries to argue for shutting down schools, remember what they REALLY want...and it has nothing to do with anyone's safety.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If I can't convince people I am their best option for their kids, why should they be stuck with me?

Because your union has paid tens of millions in bribes to Democratic lawmakers.....duh

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

This is the wittiness I expect — actually, demand — from someone who graduated the eight grade with honors. 

This is a fair point.  And I don’t blame you for being upset. 

Uday has spoken.  He’s so smart and accomplished!

..jealousy will get you no where......

‘Boom! There it is.’ Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan tells Montgomery County where they can stick their anti-private-school stunt

Last Friday, the Montgomery County, Maryland, Health Officer issued a directive prohibiting private, parochial, and independent schools from opening for in-person instruction until October 1 (at the earliest).

No question the Montgomery County Health Officer’s decision wasn’t driven by concern for the welfare of children, but rather by pure politics and deference to teachers unions.

• Thank you (+1) 2