Browns out of the bid for Clowney

31 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wow. He still isn't on a team? 

Wow I had no idea there were teams bidding for him .

please correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a team ( I can’t remember which ) offered him a one year $17 million and he rejected ? 
I really don’t believe he will get anything north of $20 million 

Edited by Putin

Just now, Putin said:

Wow I had no idea there were teams bidding for him 

He apparently VASTLY overestimated his market value. Should an agent have tempered his expectations to some degree? He was famous for not being blocked AT ALL on one play in college. He’s certainly a solid player, but he ain’t no Bruce Smith. He’s an upgrade from Shaq Lawson the way I see it.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

Don’t worry. He’ll sign with the Pats on a $15M 1-yr deal a week before the season starts. 

Do they have any cap space? Isn’t Brady still eating up about $13 mil? 

I think Belichick leans more toward paying the CB than the DE. Just guessing. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well they do need pass rushers. Their front 7 is weak. 

If they need pash rush....Clowney is a fair option, at best. Maybe if schemed and used more for that? 

He thinks he's still worth 20 million because that hit against michigan. I think he is a borderline probowl guy but his numbers haven't been great, he makes impact plays from time to time, but not enough to warrant what he's asking. His sack numbers have never been impressive, but he is solid against the run.

3 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

He thinks he's still worth 20 million because that hit against michigan. I think he is a borderline probowl guy but his numbers haven't been great, he makes impact plays from time to time, but not enough to warrant what he's asking. His sack numbers have never been impressive, but he is solid against the run.

He's an above average player but he wants to get paid elite pass rusher money. A lot of teams would love to have him but don't want to shell out the money he wants.

I think he would of been signed if it wasn’t for this virus shutting things down. 
He missed his window and most teams spent the bulk of their play money. Nobody is signing him without a thorough medical walkthrough given his injury history. He wasn’t getting 20 million but he could of gotten a multi year deal, now he’s looking at more of a 1 year prove it deal. 

10 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Don’t worry. He’ll sign with the Pats on a $15M 1-yr deal a week before the season starts. 

His agent will probably finagle a conditional draft pick to the New England Patriots for signing him, under the 'Hire a (NFL) vet' program.  ?