Poloncarz calls for New Era to remove its name from Bills stadium

12 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Problem for them is timing - the federal unemployment portion expires at the end of the month, and I doubt the republicans have the stomach for handing out more $.  Should have laid them off in April. 

Well for those unemployed, there is a discussion going on in DC about extending the federal stimulus, but at a reduced rate from the $600/wk.  My guess and I'm not getting into politics is they probably will do something as the economy is going to tank again if they do nothing.  In FL, the max allowed is $275/wk. or $247 after federal withholding.

41 minutes ago, Irv said:

Never understood why New Era bought the naming rights. Who buys a hat based on brand?   Frankly, Mike’s Big Mouth Coliseum has a much nicer sound. 

I buy my Bills, Yankees,  and Sabres hats based on brand. New Era hats are more comfortable to me and just fit right. Haven't bought a non New Era hat in about 25 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Negan said:

New Era should reduce the price of their overpriced hats.  $35 bucks give me a break

$35? I think that's when they are discounted.......

For the top end fitted, that's not a bad price.

2 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

I buy my Bills, Yankees,  and Sabres hats based on brand. New Era hats are more comfortable to me and just fit right. Haven't bought a non New Era hat in about 25 years. 

I buy new era too, but that's because they are one of the only ones I know that sell the fitted ones of sports teams. I can't wear anything but the fitted hats, the others don't feel right on my head. They are usually very good quality and last a long time. Never had an issue with one until they get extremely dirty. I did find that taking a pressure washer to one cleaned it up really good without deforming it like throwing it in the washing machine

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

$35? I think that's when they are discounted.......

For the top end fitted, that's not a bad price.

I buy new era too, but that's because they are one of the only ones I know that sell the fitted ones of sports teams. I can't wear anything but the fitted hats, the others don't feel right on my head. They are usually very good quality and last a long time. Never had an issue with one until they get extremely dirty. I did find that taking a pressure washer to one cleaned it up really good without deforming it like throwing it in the washing machine

Try washing them in the dishwasher if you have one

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They may bring them back even

Polancarz did it!  He won, he got them to buckle!  Yeah for politics...and...for inevitability!!!

...now for the love of all get out will he do something about the fact that I can't get mustard packets for my french fries at local drive through fast food restaurants?!

#EverythingIsBetterWithMustard

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

He has a tweet from June 26th on his account where he is talking about having to take drastic measures due to Covid.  I guess it doesn't apply to New Era who probably just wanted to lay off people for no good reason.  Covid and drastic measures probably had nothing to do with it lol.

Has the self righteous Poloncranz decided to take part of his salary help those hurt by Covid layoffs...i think I know the answer.

Typical grandstanding hypocrite politician.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Do realize people, the reason businesses incorporate themselves is to dodge personal responsibility/liability for their actions. Their ability to do so was a back room deal with our elected officials that were supposed to be protecting the citizens interests many many years ago, now the non living entities called businesses have more legal protections than we citizens. That hat company just got over Five million of we tax payers dollars for the sole reason to keep people employed, what’s those lyrics.. ooh ooh, take the money and run...

Really? So that is a universal truth is it?  BS.

I have formed companies in the past and not once did I do it to dodge personal liability.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Polancarz did it!  He won, he got them to buckle!  Yeah for politics...and...for inevitability!!!

...now for the love of all get out will he do something about the fact that I can't get mustard packets for my french fries at local drive through fast food restaurants?!

Donuts, luv ya bud, but mustard on French fries.  That’s against my religion.  All kidding aside, I get my entire family to bring down Weber’s horseradish mustard, every time they come to visit Florida.  We put it and mozzarella cheese before we bread it on chicken cutlets and air fry it.  Tastes amazing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Donuts, luv ya bud, but mustard on French fries.  That’s against my religion.  All kidding aside, I get my entire family to bring down Weber’s horseradish mustard, every time they come to visit Florida.  We put it and mozzarella cheese before we bread it on chicken cutlets and air fry it.  Tastes amazing.

Weber's.

Horseradish.

mustard...is a staple at the D2D's house, MGK!

oh man, and on cutlets!  I need to party with you down in Florida!  

...mind you that's if you've quarantined for 14 days and give correct answers on the appropriate questionnaire, followed by 14 days of me quarantining when I get back to Buffalo, but those are just the small details.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

Maybe ol’ Irv will get one of them there New Era caps and try it out.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It will always be the Ralph for me. 

11 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I still think of it as “The Ralph”, too

Children, please..

“Rich Stadium, Orchaaad Paak, Neuw Yawk!”

4FFC1446-0BC7-4E9E-B043-0DAB3B448E83.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please forgive me for getting sidetracked.  But I don’t understand the Dollars to Donuts.  Krispy Kreme sells a donut for $1.09 and your only willing to bet a $1.00.  Where’s the risk in that?  And, before you ask, yes I do need to get a life.  

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Really? So that is a universal truth is it?  BS.

I have formed companies in the past and not once did I do it to dodge personal liability.

None the less it protects you from what I stated does it not? 

33 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Weber's.

Horseradish.

mustard...is a staple at the D2D's house, MGK!

oh man, and on cutlets!  I need to party with you down in Florida!  

...mind you that's if you've quarantined for 14 days and give correct answers on the appropriate questionnaire, followed by 14 days of me quarantining when I get back to Buffalo, but those are just the small details.

I’ll do you one better Donuts, our school principal in elementary school, OMGC, Sister Suzanne, gave us a recipe I’ll share as you are the mustard man.  Basically you have you’re butcher cut up chicken breasts into the shape of bacon strips, but just a little wider.  You place the Weber’s, and fat free mozzarella on the chicken.  Roll it up and place in the air fryer.  The chees and mustard oozes through the chicken, and let me tell you it’s almost as good as sex.  Almost.  I get it for my birthday and a couple of other times a year.  Use the air fryer so it’s not obscenely fattening.  Just don’t over cook them.  I would put them in for five or six minutes, and then flip them.

What’s  that old song, “Heaven, I’m in Heaven”.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Irv said:

Please forgive me for getting sidetracked.  But I don’t understand the Dollars to Donuts.  Krispy Kreme sells a donut for $1.09 and your only willing to bet a $1.00.  Where’s the risk in that?  And, before you ask, yes I do need to get a life.  

Irv, I'm glad you brought this up.  I believe it is time to discuss one of the worst names in TSW history.

It's not a long story.  Mind you, it is not even remotely a good story.  As a matter of fact, I believe afterwards you may threaten to fight me for wasting yours, and everybody else's, time with it.

That said...and procrastinated...dollars to donuts was simply a saying from my (or maybe my father's) youth.  I have always believed it to mean you were sure of something, a bet or position, in a discussion.  "I'll bet you dollars to donuts, regardless of what some may think, that Adolph Hitler is a really, really, really bad dude."

It popped into my head early on when I needed a name here (2003).  I thought it was unique.  I thought it was easy to understand.  I was right on one of those things, but I still regret it and there is no looking back now.  

I don't live in the past, Irv, I live in the future!  The Now is just in a constant state of flux like days old butter.  Now if you will excuse me, I am exhausted and need to go pick up my lunch.

(...f***, where did I put my keys?!  Only living in the future blows)

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ll do you one better Donuts, our school principal in elementary school, OMGC, Sister Suzanne, gave us a recipe I’ll share as you are the mustard man.  Basically you have you’re butcher cut up chicken breasts into the shape of bacon strips, but just a little wider.  You place the Weber’s, and fat free mozzarella on the chicken.  Roll it up and place in the air fryer.  The chees and mustard oozes through the chicken, and let me tell you it’s almost as good as sex.  Almost.  I get it for my birthday and a couple of other times a year.  Use the air fryer so it’s not obscenely fattening.  Just don’t over cook them.  I would put them in for five or six minutes, and then flip them.

What’s  that old song, “Heaven, I’m in Heaven”.

Honestly, MGK, in a million years this never would have occurred to me.  I promise you if me and Mrs. Donuts (I don't call her that out in public...it draws stares) make this I will let you know how it comes out.  Honestly, can't stop thinking about it right now.

Thank you, my friend!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

None the less it protects you from what I stated does it not? 

LOL, Hardly.

I am or was on the  board and officer of those companies.  I had to buy D&O insurance which was stupid expensive.  Not only that as on officer of the Company in a regulated industry the burden  you carry is greater than an average employee.  I had to take numerous tests to operate and those tests are basically the Feds way of saying you know the rules and regulations, you have to prove that you followed the rules and since you passed the tests, ignorance of the law is no excuse.  If I dont have physical proof i followed  the law i can be fined big time and even sent to jail, including keeping all relevant correspondences, both electronic and paper for 7 years.

It is like take a Texas Concealed Hand Gun license, you got next to no real rights (not already covered by the Castle Law)   but the incremental legal burden on you is excessive.