Poloncarz calls for New Era to remove its name from Bills stadium

23 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I preferred Elwood Taco, back when I was doing the wee hours club circuit in Buffalo, many, many moons ago. . Elmwood Taco  used a finer grade of dog food for the meat, as opposed to Mighty Taco. :D

Yeah, but Mighty Taco was always nearby. 

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Now that is one stunningly farcical statement, note how you left out private corporations, now tell us that debt is good... and we should never question authority... nuthin but luv there dude, 

Go Bills!!!

I'm sure you speak from a deep history of personal experience.  

As for private corporations, why wouldn't I have left them out?  They can do whatever they wish with their own money.  

4 hours ago, boater said:

It is what it is. Prove me wrong.

Okay then, that’s super useful, oh, and you shouldn’t worry it doesn’t actually exist right? 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I'm sure you speak from a deep history of personal experience.  

As for private corporations, why wouldn't I have left them out?  They can do whatever they wish with their own money.  

Not when it’s tax payers money, cough cough New Era... etc etc. 

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Not when it’s tax payers money, cough cough New Era... etc etc. 

Private company asks/bribes government official for taxpayer cash.   Government official hands it over.

And you have a big problem with cough, cough....the private company.   :doh:

Why yes I do, ??

On 7/8/2020 at 10:23 PM, klos63 said:

New Era received over $5 million in taxpayer money through PPP, part of the conditions of receiving that money is that you had to maintain our staffing and payroll levels.  They shouldn't be laying anyone off.

I am glad I avoid PPP forum and had to shell out money to them.

New Era received over $5 million in taxpayer money through PPP, part of the conditions of receiving that money is that you had to maintain our staffing and payroll levels.  They shouldn't be laying anyone off.

Then they will forgo loan forgiveness. Is that really worth it? Or do they furlough employees ?? My company while receiving PPP decided to give certain people raises to meet that 75% towards staff requirement, while furloughing most of the staff. There are ways companies are navigating the lack of business.

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Then they will forgo loan forgiveness. Is that really worth it? Or do they furlough employees ?? My company while receiving PPP decided to give certain people raises to meet that 75% towards staff requirement, while furloughing most of the staff. There are ways companies are navigating the lack of business.

Sounds like company is abusing program.

27 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Did they pay the bill? I assume yes, discussion closed.

Thank you. Governmental officials calling out individual private companies is total crap! That’s not the role of government. The Government’s job is to make well thought through policies. If the policies you make have what you believe to be bad or unintended results...make different policies! 

13 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I paid my staff more too. But the terms of the loan are 1% interest and either 2 or 5 year term depending on when you took out the loan.  Can't get a better loan terms than that. 

Do you think New Era has over $5 million in payroll over 2 months?  That's a lot.

Edited by klos63

The original conditions Were that it was forgivable if you used a certain percentage on payroll/rent/utilities, and within 8 weeks. Then the terms were changed within days of that 8 week period. So if you wanted to loan forgiven (I mean who wouldn’t want that forgiven? It would just be smart business to get it forgiven), you were trying to spend as much of that loan as quickly as possible... while likely not being opened for business. 
So after spending that money and now trying re-open, maybe you don’t have the funds to keep all that staff because you used all the PPP while you were closed and the loan was basically used early on as a way to keep people off of unemployment from the governments perspective.