Poloncarz calls for New Era to remove its name from Bills stadium

26 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, Hardly.

I am or was on the  board and officer of those companies.  I had to buy D&O insurance which was stupid expensive.  Not only that as on officer of the Company in a regulated industry the burden  you carry is greater than an average employee.  I had to take numerous tests to operate and those tests are basically the Feds way of saying you know the rules and regulations, you have to prove that you followed the rules and since you passed the tests, ignorance of the law is no excuse.  If I dont have physical proof i followed  the law i can be fined big time and even sent to jail, including keeping all relevant correspondences, both electronic and paper for 7 years.

It is like take a Texas Concealed Hand Gun license, you got next to no real rights (not already covered by the Castle Law)   but the incremental legal burden on you is excessive.

Well, it appears that large corporations are not being held to the same rules you are, they just pay a fine and move on doing what they always do. The “little guy” always takes it on the chin it appears. 

5 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

New Era needs to start making face masks.  

As for the naming of Rich it should go to a tried and true name that says Buffalo- like Labatts .  

Just like nothing says Boston Gardens like Toronto Dominion bank.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Well, it appears that large corporations are not being held to the same rules you are, they just pay a fine and move on doing what they always do. The “little guy” always takes it on the chin it appears. 

Corporations are available to the little guy as well. Some online companies will set one up for as little as $100. Highly recommended if you have a business. I've done it twice.

-------------

Due to the Chinese virus and sports, New Era had their back against the wall and did what they had to do.

Leave it to Poloncarz showboating and pandering, he strengthened the message that WNY is hostile to business.  Business: no need to move to, or to stay in WNY.

He was right in the first part of his presser--he should have kept his mouth shut.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Large corporations (public ones) are held to an even higher standard, which they take great pains (and expense) to adhere to 99.9% of the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well at least he's  not a companywhore.

13 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Would New Era get a rebate for or abeyance of their naming rights premium? If they would, take it and run.

Should  have  put it  in the contract. 

Want  the naming  rights... You do this and  pay this.  Don't  do that.  Etc...

15 hours ago, klos63 said:

New Era received over $5 million in taxpayer money through PPP, part of the conditions of receiving that money is that you had to maintain our staffing and payroll levels.  They shouldn't be laying anyone off.

PPP is used to cover eight weeks of payroll at current rates. You need to show those eight weeks to get the loan forgiven.

After the eight weeks, you can do whatever you want, including laying people off.

19 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Would New Era get a rebate for or abeyance of their naming rights premium? If they would, take it and run.

That was gonna be my question- is he ok if New Era stops paying for the naming rights? Those rights are not as valuable today as they were a year ago.

41 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Well at least he's  not a companywhore.

Should  have  put it  in the contract. 

Want  the naming  rights... You do this and  pay this.  Don't  do that.  Etc...

lf New Era has fulfilled their side of the contract, the other  entity just can't break a contract for whatever reason. 

Then they should sue whatever entity is yanking the name from the for breach of contract and treble  add damages as well.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

I do agree.   Depends on what's  in contract.   Which  it probably isn't. 

Unless the County can declare force majeur (which no way this raises to that level), you cant put every single contingency in a contract or there would never be any contracts that are solid, hence they are meaningless.  Forget about any entity p[paying millions to name a stadium going forward.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Unless the County can declare force majeur (which no way this raises to that level), you cant put every single contingency in a contract or there would never be any contracts that are solid, hence they are meaningless.  Forget about any entity p[paying millions to name a stadium going forward.

Yeah.  You'd  have to have a crystal ? ball. 

2 hours ago, boater said:

Corporations are available to the little guy as well. Some online companies will set one up for as little as $100. Highly recommended if you have a business. I've done it twice.

-------------

Due to the Chinese virus and sports, New Era had their back against the wall and did what they had to do.

Leave it to Poloncarz showboating and pandering, he strengthened the message that WNY is hostile to business.  Business: no need to move to, or to stay in WNY.

He was right in the first part of his presser--he should have kept his mouth shut.

Chinese virus aye... 

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Large corporations (public ones) are held to an even higher standard, which they take great pains (and expense) to adhere to 99.9% of the time.

Now that is one stunningly farcical statement, note how you left out private corporations, now tell us that debt is good... and we should never question authority... nuthin but luv there dude, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That was gonna be my question- is he ok if New Era stops paying for the naming rights? Those rights are not as valuable today as they were a year ago.

Well the deal was $35 mil over 7 years. If they “stop paying” (assuming they are even paying in installments) then they are in breach of contract and of course the county can attempt to remove the name from the stadium.

4 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

New Era needs to start making face masks.  

As for the naming of Rich it should go to a tried and true name that says Buffalo- like Labatts .  

that actually would be a good idea for them, no joke. Surprised they aren’t already doing that. They should hire you ?