Poloncarz calls for New Era to remove its name from Bills stadium

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The writing has been on the wall for some time now with New Era moving work out of Blo, kinda sleazy way to do it, but that’s how all corporations operate. Money is their god... people aren’t even second on their list of priorities... Anyone know how long the Naming contract lasts?

7 year deal that began in 2016. ($35mil)

• Like (+1) 1

Man elected to provide local services in a fiscally responsible manner doesn't understand why companies just don't keep people on payroll when they're financially bleeding out.

Recently, an elected official in CA publicly pissed all over Elon Musk, and now he's very close to inking a deal in Texas to move Tesla out of CA.

So be careful what you wish for, Poloncarz, or you might just wake up and find New Era completely gone, and then you can call the stadium whatever you want while you explain to your constituents why New Era let the rest of their employees go.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Man elected to provide local services in a fiscally responsible manner doesn't understand why companies just don't keep people on payroll when they're financially bleeding out.

Recently, an elected official in CA publicly pissed all over Elon Musk, and now he's very close to inking a deal in Texas to move Tesla out of CA.

So be careful what you wish for, Poloncarz, or you might just wake up and find New Era completely gone, and then you can call the stadium whatever you want while you explain to your constituents why New Era let the rest of their employees go.

I hope and think Musk will leave. Enough is enough. 

40 minutes ago, Rico said:

No, I left Buffalo in the late 70's. Back to visit many times up to the end of the 80's, then very infrequently since then. I was very close to Elmwood & Hertel, but I don't remember Elmwood Taco. Could be my heart was with Mighty!

Works for me!

Elmwood taco eventually became ETS.

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

He has a tweet from June 26th on his account where he is talking about having to take drastic measures due to Covid.  I guess it doesn't apply to New Era who probably just wanted to lay off people for no good reason.  Covid and drastic measures probably had nothing to do with it lol.

New Era should just raise their taxes and continue paying people to not work. 

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

New Era received over $5 million in taxpayer money through PPP, part of the conditions of receiving that money is that you had to maintain our staffing and payroll levels.  They shouldn't be laying anyone off.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What do families do when they are out of work or have their paychecks reduced? They start cutting expenses and looking for areas of their budget they can change things to make ends meet.

I don't understand why we expect companies to act differently. They HAVE to take measures to cut budgets and expenses to stay in business. Sometimes that means laying people off or furloughing them. What do we expect businesses to do? Start taking out debt to pay employees who have nothing to do at work?

And those who get played off receive very generous unemployment benefits checks these days...

Elmwood Taco was always ETS. Its always been Elmwood Taco & Subs, just after the remodel & new location they streamlined the name to ETS.

And yeah the food is on the level of Mighty i'd say, a bit overpriced but thats how it goes.

Was never a huge fan of their hot sauce tho. The owner who's recipe it is uses far too much white & black pepper for my liking.

But back in the day at 4am when theres a long line outside Jims Steak Out, u go across the street to ETS & get yourself some tacos, nachos & a giant cookie & call it a night.

23 minutes ago, klos63 said:

New Era received over $5 million in taxpayer money through PPP, part of the conditions of receiving that money is that you had to maintain our staffing and payroll levels.  They shouldn't be laying anyone off.

Well, we haven't seen New Era's books and PPP loans maxed out at 8 weeks of expenses.  Great support but not enough to sustain payrolls longer term.  That money is gone or has to be repaid.  I would imagine the cap business has been hit very very hard.

• Like (+1) 1

Do realize people, the reason businesses incorporate themselves is to dodge personal responsibility/liability for their actions. Their ability to do so was a back room deal with our elected officials that were supposed to be protecting the citizens interests many many years ago, now the non living entities called businesses have more legal protections than we citizens. That hat company just got over Five million of we tax payers dollars for the sole reason to keep people employed, what’s those lyrics.. ooh ooh, take the money and run...

• Like (+1) 1