The Baltimore Ravens will allow 14,000 fans into the stadium for games this fall

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Sorry if you were ever heckled by my group—German beer packs a bigger wallop than stateside and back then I didn’t practice much self-control in that department :rolleyes:. It was a fantastic trip. Which stadiums did you go to? Our game was at the Allianz stadium in Munich. 

German beer Ist Gut.  

had some when I was there in 85.     I keep asking my friend - coworker to bring me some when he goes "home" to visit family.  

He claims he can't find 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsU9wsGgcPM64rAh8xD2x

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Sorry if you were ever heckled by my group—German beer packs a bigger wallop than stateside and back then I didn’t practice much self-control in that department :rolleyes:. It was a fantastic trip. Which stadiums did you go to? Our game was at the Allianz stadium in Munich. 

I can't imagine groups of English soccer fans being heckled and it going down well ?

It was estimated there were 80,000 Englishmen in Frankfurt for the first game. 

I loved every second of it. We were there for just under 2 weeks. 

The games we got to:

England v Paraguay - Frankfurt

England v Trinidad - Nuremberg

England v Sweden - Cologne

Switzerland v Togo - Dortmund

USA v Czech Republic - Gelsenkirchen 

We didn't get as far south as you did with Munich.

We got the ferry from England to Rotterdam in Holland then a bus to Amsterdam. Booked into a hotel there for a couple of weeks then every time we wanted to go to a game we'd jump on a train to Germany and back. A couple of the return trips were sleeper trains so we were able to take advantage of the excellent German beer and sleep it off on the way back to Amsterdam. 

We sat amongst the American fans in Gelsenkirchen and had a really good time with them. 

Do you go to many soccer games? 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I can't imagine groups of English soccer fans being heckled and it going down well ?

It was estimated there were 80,000 Englishmen in Frankfurt for the first game. 

I loved every second of it. We were there for just under 2 weeks. 

The games we got to:

England v Paraguay - Frankfurt

England v Trinidad - Nuremberg

England v Sweden - Cologne

Switzerland v Togo - Dortmund

USA v Czech Republic - Gelsenkirchen 

We didn't get as far south as you did with Munich.

We got the ferry from England to Rotterdam in Holland then a bus to Amsterdam. Booked into a hotel there for a couple of weeks then every time we wanted to go to a game we'd jump on a train to Germany and back. A couple of the return trips were sleeper trains so we were able to take advantage of the excellent German beer and sleep it off on the way back to Amsterdam. 

We sat amongst the American fans in Gelsenkirchen and had a really good time with them. 

Do you go to many soccer games? 

Atlanta United here has been an early surprise in its short MLS history and that’s been a good show now and then—that’s been it on my end. Glad you had the ability to catch so many England matches at that 06 WC; unfortunately getting one of the Germany matches or US team didn’t happen for us—but it was still pretty awesome to catch matches on the fan viewing miles they would have set up basically in every city, so it was a big outdoor Fest everywhere you turned. It’s a blur now but good times. Back to OP’s point, not really sure doing anything other than a lottery for whatever tix pool there is, like FIFA, could be fair? One question is how they would ensure that the majority would go to locals if it’s a random lotto draw and fans wanting to see live games no matter where jump at any of them? 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Making a person "sign a waiver" does NOT mean that it is "legally enforceable" in a court of law. His lawyer (or the lawyer for his estate) would simply argue that the waiver was null and void and unenforceable. Again, as I stated upfront, I am NOT a lawyer but this topic has been covered a lot lately in the news, in connection with Trumps rallys for instance. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/money.com/coronavirus-liability-waivers-business-reopen/%3famp=true

Its being done in other businesses. Can't see why it wouldn't hold any water in this situation.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Serious question...If some stadiums are only allowing 14,000 fans to attend and you were one of the season ticket holders that were offered a ticket into the game would it even be enjoyable at this point?  I'm not even referring to any health risks but to me the atmosphere would be beyond lame at that point that I would prefer to just watch the game on tv. 

I'm with you.  Only 14K fans in a stadium that can hold over 70,000 would be far worse than any preseason game.  It would be terrible and almost distracting for the players.

If there are games, which is extremely unlikely at this point, it is better to just have them be in empty stadiums.  

This will all come crashing down when the NBA reboot goes poorly.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Atlanta United here has been an early surprise in its short MLS history and that’s been a good show now and then—that’s been it on my end. Glad you had the ability to catch so many England matches at that 06 WC; unfortunately getting one of the Germany matches or US team didn’t happen for us—but it was still pretty awesome to catch matches on the fan viewing miles they would have set up basically in every city, so it was a big outdoor Fest everywhere you turned. It’s a blur now but good times. Back to OP’s point, not really sure doing anything other than a lottery for whatever tix pool there is, like FIFA, could be fair? One question is how they would ensure that the majority would go to locals if it’s a random lotto draw and fans wanting to see live games no matter where jump at any of them? 

Am I correct in thinking season ticket holders can opt out and get a refund for this season?

Season ticket holders should get first dibs. They’ve made a financial commitment to the club previously and should be treated as first in line.

How many season ticket holders? I’m presuming many times over 14,000? They should do a draw amongst season ticket holders for say the first 2 home games. Pick 14,000 out of a hat. Then the same for the next 2. 

Those drawn have the option to purchase by a certain date or their ticket gets re-allocated to another season ticket holder.

Anyone who got lucky twice is then excluded from the draw for the 3rd set of two games. Giving those who missed out a chance of a ticket.

Then the final set of 2 games are drawn from those who have been unlucky the previous 3 sets of 2 games. 

Once a payment window date has passed any un-bought tickets then go on general sale. This would be unlikely right?

There are going to be unhappy people no matter how it works. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

Am I correct in thinking season ticket holders can opt out and get a refund for this season?

There are going to be unhappy people no matter how it works. 

The Bills said we will be getting an email where we can opt out for this season.   

Don't know how many Canadian STH there are, but my random guess is about 6K or around 10% of the STH total.  I suspect most Canadians will opt out as the border isn't open and even when it opens we'd have to quarantine on re-entry to Canada.

I'd be shocked if more than half of the remaining STH want their tickets for this year.  A Reddit poll from Bills Mafia had about 30% of responders saying they would go to a game this season. 

So I don't think there will be a lot of unhappy people, other than being unhappy that we won't be able to continue our tradition of getting together every year and owning tailgating, and maybe even winning the AFC East 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/8/2020 at 4:22 PM, Mango said:

I think it is probably best for teams to tell friends and family to watch from home. This whole thing seems to be held together with frayed string anyways. Why risk having your QB's wife around the environment and then taking anything home. Even if it is by happenstance. 

AB playing for the Ravens now?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1