The Baltimore Ravens will allow 14,000 fans into the stadium for games this fall

I would think STHs will be rotated each Sunday, otherwise it will be some arbitrary assignments, and to bad for those that don’t get in. This will likely cause some STHs to be refunded, or some such a deal. Much gnashing of teeth will occur. Sure glad I don’t have a stake in it.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

If Baltimore is making such a proclamation how will this impact other teams decisions That's what I'm curious about.

Is it surprising they would  make such a proclamation in singular fashion?

Well, it is like that girl in high school.  Somebody gotta be first.

21 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Good choice......in NY the governor has decided he will mandate no attendees.  Credit to the Maryland governor.

That is just politics trying to show he was prepared for the Wuhan virus, had plenty of ventalators and didn't send virus sick people into old folks homes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Fiend said:

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1280917289790058496

"If permitted under state and local government regulations to have fans attend games in 2020, a reduced seating capacity at M&T Bank Stadium will be in place of fewer than 14,000 seats per game."

This is 20% of the stadium's capacity. I expect Buffalo to do the same. This means 14,374 lucky Bills fans would be allowed to attend games. How will they decide? Lottery? First-come, first-served?

It would probably be nice to go to a stadium where you aren't crammed with people.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Good choice......in NY the governor has decided he will mandate no attendees.  Credit to the Maryland governor.

The Ravens don’t know yet if fans will be allowed. It says that IF they are allowed it will be capped at 14k. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Serious question...If some stadiums are only allowing 14,000 fans to attend and you were one of the season ticket holders that were offered a ticket into the game would it even be enjoyable at this point?  I'm not even referring to any health risks but to me the atmosphere would be beyond lame at that point that I would prefer to just watch the game on tv. 

I'm a 47 year season ticket holder, and I want no part of a less-tthan-capacity event.  Especially 20,000 or fewer.  The atmosphere will be preseason-like, and even worse when you consider that tailgating won't be allowed as well.   If that's the case, I'm opting out of my tickets for 2020.  I also suspect the Bills won't make the resale option available to season ticket holders, as if they're only filling the stadium to 25% capacity, I'm sure they're going to want to sell the tix at 4x face value and recoup some of their revenue.

If by some miracle full stadiums are allowed, I'll be there in a heartbeat.  If that KC Thursday night home game was next weeek and it was a capacity crowd, I'd be there even if I had to sit in a bucket of COVID.

Edited by ohboychoboy
  • Like (+1) 3

I don't think there will be an NFL season, or for that matter, an NBA or MLB one either. 2020 is cooked. 

Today's announcement had nothing to do with football IMO. The Ravens were sending a message to the state, city and all the vendors that they should plan on making a lot less money from the Ravens, and in terms of all the payments the Ravens make to the government and businesses, setting up the case for extensions on those payments or renegotiating contracts.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Muppy said:

If Baltimore is making such a proclamation how will this impact other teams decisions That's what I'm curious about.

Is it surprising they would  make such a proclamation in singular fashion?

Note the caveat "If permitted under state and local government regulations"

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I don’t think that’s quite  true (although things are headed that way... #EradicateTheCurve and all that)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Fiend said:

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1280917289790058496

"If permitted under state and local government regulations to have fans attend games in 2020, a reduced seating capacity at M&T Bank Stadium will be in place of fewer than 14,000 seats per game."

On a different note, why wasn't I allowed to post the actual graphic tweet like others do? I used Chrome and pasted the link as plain text.

8 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Should probably go by seniority, longest season ticket holders get first dibs... The resale prices are going to be insane if it plays out like this.

Seniority?

Considering the situation, might it not be wise to go in the opposite direction?

I wish the NFL would make the decision to play the games with no fans in the stands for all teams at this point.

If they'd already done that, I'd feel pretty confident we're having a season. They haven't and I'm now seriously worried this season isn't going to really happen.

The latest Athletic article about the NFL proposal with 35% of player salaries going into escrow claims 70-80% of NFL revenue is actually generated from advertising and sponsorships. I was surprised it was that high. If it is, cut ties with the push for fans in the stands.

I don't care how "weird" it is. You guys want football? I sure as heck do.

Let the NFL get creative about generating more revenue, though I bet DirecTV subscribers go up the NFL will be just fine.

As for the players. If you can't get behind playing a competitive game you've likely been playing since a kid (when you played just for fun and often without fans) while making money doing it, even without fans in the stadium, that sounds like a psychological problem.

Does the NFL really have that many exhibitionists? Can't they console themselves that millions of fans are watching this on TV?

Seriously NFL. Don't screw this up!

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT:

Pittsburgh Steelers season-ticket holders will now be required to wear masks inside the stadium:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2020/07/08/steelers-season-tickets-2020-covid-19-policy-full-refund/stories/202007080154

"Steelers season-ticket holders informed masks will be required at Heinz Field"

“Our goal is to still have fans at Heinz Field this year with the understanding that social distancing, as well as all fans being required to wear masks, will play a role in the capacity to ensure a safe atmosphere,” team spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. “We will continue to work with the NFL and public health officials to finalize plans for fans to attend our home games."

It is really too bad we are playing them at home this season, as the Steelers fans wearing masks would muffle their noise and make it easier for the Bills to communicate. But it is just as well, since we are playing them on national TV in front of raving Bills fans, and will destroy them, just as we did last year. I don't care if Rapistberger is their quarterback.

On the bright side, we are playing the 49ers away, and the governor of California has said there will be no fans allowed in stadiums this year. So the Bills should have an easy time dominating them at an empty stadium.

Edited by The Fiend

10 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

When I attended the 2006 World Cup with some buddies, we had to basically get our flights/stay details worked out in advance without knowing whether or not we would actually get to see any matches; FIFA used a random lottery system to award the tix, and luckily we got one (although less than marquee--Tunisia v. Saudi Arabia); something similar here probably would be most fair after you have a certain block set aside just for STH's?  

I was at the 2006 World Cup too. One of the games I got to see was USA v Czech Republic. We paid over the odds from a tout (scalper) but wanted to see as many games as possible. I got the ticket which previously belonged to a Dr Sarah Geisler. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Ravens don’t know yet if fans will be allowed. It says that IF they are allowed it will be capped at 14k. 

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Note the caveat "If permitted under state and local government regulations"

That seems to be the common and correct answer at this time. 

Also on a side note .... If allowed Steelers fans must wear face masks

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Let any amount in that are willing to sign waivers.

Waivers, generally speaking (I am NOT a lawyer) from what I read are usually unenforceable in any event. The State, Erie County, The NFL and The Bills in particular would get sued up the wazoo if fans were permitted to attend games during the pandemic and then became ill or died. Football fans should be happy if there are any games at all in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

Waivers, generally speaking (I am NOT a lawyer) from what I read are usually unenforceable in any event. The State, Erie County, The NFL and The Bills in particular would get sued up the wazoo if fans were permitted to attend games during the pandemic and then became ill or died. Football fans should be happy if there are any games at all in 2020. 

So they can prevent fans from coming at at all, but they couldn't make it so that you have to sign a waiver? The same way they have enforced masks, i am sure they could do something around signing a waiver

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BritBill said:

I was at the 2006 World Cup too. One of the games I got to see was USA v Czech Republic. We paid over the odds from a tout (scalper) but wanted to see as many games as possible. I got the ticket which previously belonged to a Dr Sarah Geisler. 

Sorry if you were ever heckled by my group—German beer packs a bigger wallop than stateside and back then I didn’t practice much self-control in that department :rolleyes:. It was a fantastic trip. Which stadiums did you go to? Our game was at the Allianz stadium in Munich. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

So they can prevent fans from coming at at all, but they couldn't make it so that you have to sign a waiver? The same way they have enforced masks, i am sure they could do something around signing a waiver

Making a person "sign a waiver" does NOT mean that it is "legally enforceable" in a court of law. His lawyer (or the lawyer for his estate) would simply argue that the waiver was null and void and unenforceable. Again, as I stated upfront, I am NOT a lawyer but this topic has been covered a lot lately in the news, in connection with Trumps rallys for instance. 

• Like (+1) 1