The Baltimore Ravens will allow 14,000 fans into the stadium for games this fall

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1280917289790058496

"If permitted under state and local government regulations to have fans attend games in 2020, a reduced seating capacity at M&T Bank Stadium will be in place of fewer than 14,000 seats per game."

This is 20% of the stadium's capacity. I expect Buffalo to do the same. This means 14,374 lucky Bills fans would be allowed to attend games. How will they decide? Lottery? First-come, first-served?

Edited by The Fiend

11 minutes ago, The Fiend said:

"If permitted under state and local government regulations to have fans attend games in 2020, a reduced seating capacity at M&T Bank Stadium will be in place of fewer than 14,000 seats per game."

This is 20% of the stadium's capacity. I expect Buffalo to do the same. This means 14,374 lucky Bills fans would be allowed to attend games. How will they decide? Lottery?First-come, first-served?

I think it is probably best for teams to tell friends and family to watch from home. This whole thing seems to be held together with frayed string anyways. Why risk having your QB's wife around the environment and then taking anything home. Even if it is by happenstance. 

• Like (+1) 1

When I attended the 2006 World Cup with some buddies, we had to basically get our flights/stay details worked out in advance without knowing whether or not we would actually get to see any matches; FIFA used a random lottery system to award the tix, and luckily we got one (although less than marquee--Tunisia v. Saudi Arabia); something similar here probably would be most fair after you have a certain block set aside just for STH's?  

• Like (+1) 2

If Baltimore is making such a proclamation how will this impact other teams decisions That's what I'm curious about.

Is it surprising they would  make such a proclamation in singular fashion?

• Like (+1) 1

Serious question...If some stadiums are only allowing 14,000 fans to attend and you were one of the season ticket holders that were offered a ticket into the game would it even be enjoyable at this point?  I'm not even referring to any health risks but to me the atmosphere would be beyond lame at that point that I would prefer to just watch the game on tv. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Should probably go by seniority, longest season ticket holders get first dibs... The resale prices are going to be insane if it plays out like this.

The Buffalo Bills are weighing your suggestion, coupled with finding out which members of TBD have contributed to the 'FMIA Guest: Kim Pegula' thread.

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Serious question...If some stadiums are only allowing 14,000 fans to attend and you were one of the season ticket holders that were offered a ticket into the game would it even be enjoyable at this point?  I'm not even referring to any health risks but to me the atmosphere would be beyond lame at that point that I would prefer to just watch the game on tv. 

Shorter lines at the urinals...?

? Always look on the bright side of life...?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Fiend said:

This is 20% of the stadium's capacity. I expect Buffalo to do the same. This means 14,374 lucky Bills fans would be allowed to attend games. How will they decide? Lottery? First-come, first-served?

Didn't Cuomo already announce that there would be no fans allowed in stadiums this year in the whole state. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

If Baltimore is making such a proclamation how will this impact other teams decisions That's what I'm curious about.

Is it surprising they would  make such a proclamation in singular fashion?

NFL is leaving it up to each team 

3 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Didn't Cuomo already announce that there would be no fans allowed in stadiums this year in the whole state. 

Not for the year. It was at the time he made the announcement, based on current levels, no fans would be allowed. These things keep changing - so just like schools trying to decide restart plans, how they start out (hybrid, all virtual, all kids everyday) will depend on levels at that time in that county and could change throughout the school year. I anticipate it could change weekly. It sucks but that’s what I expect. Very difficult to plan for something that no one has any experience with. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

.. So is it the states decision or the teams? I'm assuming the states decision would supercede the NFL's. So Maryland could hypothetically overrule the Ravens decision?

And one state could conceivably allow fans but none somewhere else.  Great .

can you say clusterduck?   BOTH is correct. SMH Great. see links posted below.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1