One of the first in a long line of head scratching losses by the "Bickering Bills" of 1989.

The Bills between 1988-1993 had no business losing to the Pats during this timeframe.

But the Bills lost to them at NE in 1989 and 1991.

Even back in the heyday of the Bills they still lost to the Pats.

We truly have lived a miserable existence when it comes to the Bills playing the Pats.

But we are still here. ??

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I was in Atlanta for one of those awful losses. Kelly’s first game back after his shoulder injury.

The game was won until Nate Odomes slipped.

On Atlanta's game winning drive they allowed a deep pass which never happens in those situations, plus Atlanta made a 50 yard FG to win it.

Another game where the 1989 Bills had no business losing.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Division games are generally tough.

I can remember a 7--0 contest, against the Pats late in the 4th qtr. in 1990, when the Pats were not a very good team.

The game was not a lock, but the Bills got the ball with around 2 minutes to play, and Kelly hands off to Thurman on the 20 yard line. Thomas runs 80 yards for the touchdown, to ice the game. (I watched the play unfold from the opposite end zone)

Bills win 14-0

I remember that game well.

The Bills won a lot of close weird games at home 1990.

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Denver,and the Raiders, in back to back weeks, I believe...Two very exciting games in the final seven minutes of each!

The game against Philly, was another exciting game in '90. 24-0 Bills in the 1st. qtr.

The Jets game at home came down to the wire too.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

Denver,and the Raiders, in back to back weeks, I believe...Two very exciting games in the final seven minutes of each!

The game against Philly, was another exciting game in '90. 24-0 Bills in the 1st. qtr.

We should've blown the Eagles out, but a 95 yd. Cunningham pass to Fred Barnett @ the 50, silenced the crowd. Bills hung on 30-23

That was the game the Bills decided to run the no huddle K Gun for good as their main offense for an entire game—that first half was a straight up clinic in dismantling a defense, to the extent that their linemen were memorably begging Kelly to slow it down lol. The Bills did let up on the gas after halftime tho. 

On 7/8/2020 at 9:12 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

Bills never led for 59 minutes, 41 seconds.

Kelly to Jamie Mueller for the winning touchdown!!!

Funny. I can recall all of those 1990 games with clarity, but the 2001 season? It is as if it never happened.

Word—that’s how I feel about ‘91; lifetime highlight for me was the Steeler game that year where the Bills ran out of plays to run because the offense was on such a roll putting up 52 points, Kelly throwing 6 TD’s...4 to Beebe, ‘Steeler Killer’ 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/8/2020 at 11:53 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Three late Q4 turnovers by Kelly explains that.

Fumbles on consecutive plays in their own end in the first half didn't help.   For as great as that team was, they could never take care of the football.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:33 PM, njbuff said:

The Bills between 1988-1993 had no business losing to the Pats during this timeframe.

But the Bills lost to them at NE in 1989 and 1991.

Even back in the heyday of the Bills they still lost to the Pats.

We truly have lived a miserable existence when it comes to the Bills playing the Pats.

But we are still here. ??

I was at the 1991 game (at least I think that's the one I was at). The only game I've seen in NE. Rainy day, not hard rain but enough to be miserable. Or, maybe it was just that the Bills lost a close game that they had no business losing that made it miserable.

As bad as the Pats were back then they used to pretty much give us fits 1 game a year where it was an ugly 9-6 or 13-10 type game. We usually still won but boy were those games ugly offensively at times.

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That was the game the Bills decided to run the no huddle K Gun for good as their main offense for an entire game—that first half was a straight up clinic in dismantling a defense, to the extent that their linemen were memorably begging Kelly to slow it down lol. The Bills did let up on the gas after halftime tho. 

Word—that’s how I feel about ‘91; lifetime highlight for me was the Steeler game that year where the Bills ran out of plays to run because the offense was on such a roll putting up 52 points, Kelly throwing 6 TD’s...4 to Beebe, ‘Steeler Killer’ 

I was at that game. my first one as a matter of fact.

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of good/great teams have head scratching losses.  Look at the NE vs Mia to end the year last year.  And that was for playoff positioning for NE, it's not like they didn't care about that game.

Edited by Mark80

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Lots of good/great teams have head scratching losses.  Look at the NE vs Mia to end the year last year.  And that was for playoff positioning for NE, it's not like they didn't care about that game.

New England lost a lot of head scratching games to bad Miami teams during their extended dynasty years.  I always thought that was an interesting outlier.

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

New England lost a lot of head scratching games to bad Miami teams during their extended dynasty years.  I always thought that was an interesting outlier.

I think Brady has a career record of around .500 in Miami. For some reason playing at Miami was the Pats personal house of horrors.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:00 PM, Beast said:

I was in Atlanta for one of those awful losses. Kelly’s first game back after his shoulder injury.

The game was won until Nate Odomes slipped.

Was that the game where Deion Sanders tracked down Don Beebe?

• Like (+1) 1