Will NFL be 7 on 7 football this year?

major

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

May not be any NFL football of any type.

We'll hit 4,000,000 Covid19 cases in USA by end of July alone, and this thing is just getting revved up now.

ok and? any number multiplied by .05 gets pretty small and insignificant.  Or if your talking deaths and not just symptoms you can use .03...or even .01 if your talking about people under 40 like the players who mostly all are. So for a risk that means 99.99% of infections will result in no deaths or even  symptoms  we should cancel the season?

If I had a spray that killed 99.99 percent of covid virus youd buy it. But if it only killed .01% of germs would you call it effective?  Thats what coronas effectivity is, so why is it considered dangerous and fearsome?  I would say there is a higher probability of dying while driving after 2am on any given night.  Every year it seems a player dies in some accident of some kind, should all players be banned from driving or going out after 2AM?  We live with risk always.

Why not let players decide.  Do you really think that any of them want to give up millions this year to hide from something that could maybe possibly give them some flu symptoms?  They've been taking PEDs for years which shorten their life spans and have risked CTE as well for the chance to be millionaires and enjoy life.  Why are cases so important?  If a few deaths result from the thousands of cases, then so be it, thats life, illness has always existed and this isnt worse than many that came before and killed nearly all whom it infected ie. Ebola, the plague etc. Even aids had a higher death rate in the beginning, much higher.  What did the NBA do with that?  I dont remember a season being canceled for that.

Cases are like suspects, a murder could have hundreds of suspects, but in the end if 1 person is convicted and 1 person was murdered, thats the number that matters, 1!  these cases can be false positives, or even better many positives could mean many people with immunity and a quicker end to the virus.  If your all waiting for an end to the virus it wont be this year or next and at this rate.  With lockdowns it could slow the spread and keep it around for several years before it peters out.  Are you going to keep counting your "cases" for the next 7 years or is it time to go on with our lives?

I mean how did we ever win world war II with this attitude?  Where we sent our youth to their highly probable deaths to protect our way of life.  Meanwhile, today we take away our way of life and our once healthy economy from our youth to protect who exactly? .01% of the population?  A group of people who more or less got to live a full healthy life in a prosperous America?  Why is this so backwards?  I mean if the virus killed 99.99% of victims and .01% survived Id understand the other sides argument.  But it isnt 99.99 vs .01  its the other way around , and that number couldnt be anymore lopsided or unsubstantiating for the argument of having lockdowns or canceling the season this year.

Go Bills!  Seriously, Go out and play!  Bills.

Edited by Reneth Gilne
  • Like (+1) 1

The dude with the long, patriotic screed about World War II doesn't seem to realize that everybody needs to fully agree with him for even the attempt to work, and even then players are still going to get and spread a very serious disease. If 25% of your players aren't comfortable playing, and another 10-20+% test positive throughout the season, it's not going to be football as you know it, so why even chance it? The ship has already sailed on manning up for your country or whatever, just look at the Brooklyn Nets and what their roster consists of right now.

Edited by Nelius

On 7/8/2020 at 1:39 PM, machine gun kelly said:

So there are if you include practice squad roughly 2000 players, and this is the only one who spills we could be looking at something sweeping like 7 on 7, flag, whatever.  How about maybe he is referring to headsets in all the players, no huddling, long sleeve under armor shirts, face shields, mandatory gloves, and so on.  Someone like Schaffer would announce if things were sweepingly changing.  This is much ado about nothing.

So are you sayin I can stop being afraid about something that I never needed to care about in the first place? Now what am I gonna do with my spare time...

On 7/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, Nextmanup said:

May not be any NFL football of any type.

We'll hit 4,000,000 Covid19 cases in USA by end of July alone, and this thing is just getting revved up now.

I here ya, 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/8/2020 at 1:35 PM, Mango said:

It depends? How many Mississippi’s before you can rush the QB?

Will there also be an "all-time" QB chosen by the league to run O for both teams each game? I'd watch that. B-)

Also, pretty sure this means it's shotgun every snap, also not opposed to that!

On 7/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"Illegal pronunciation of 'Mississippi' by the defense.  Automatic first down."

You forgot that this also results in an additional comp draft pick for the Patriots. And Bucs. :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You forgot that this also results in an additional comp draft pick for the Patriots. And Bucs. :w00t:

Now, we can't be too generous...

I've been brainstorming a few ideas about putting all offensive and defensive linemen in straitjackets, to cut down on holding, as well as minimize virus spread.  The problem seems to be how to vibrate the playing surface, so they perform like those godawful tabletop games from the 60s.

• Haha (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 4:48 PM, Nelius said:

The dude with the long, patriotic screed about World War II doesn't seem to realize that everybody needs to fully agree with him for even the attempt to work, and even then players are still going to get and spread a very serious disease. If 25% of your players aren't comfortable playing, and another 10-20+% test positive throughout the season, it's not going to be football as you know it, so why even chance it? The ship has already sailed on manning up for your country or whatever, just look at the Brooklyn Nets and what their roster consists of right now.

Is screed a word? Also do we have to "agree" to go about business as usual?   Go out and live life...how is that hard to agree to? So 99.99 percent survival rate is " very serious"? Do you know the meaning of serious? Seriously? Ask sj about this  since you sound like a moron. Oh and " manning up for the country or whatever" im sure something youd never do....coward.  Just sit there virtue signaling from your basement. Dork.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:29 PM, major said:

Chase Daniel cryptically tweeted on July 1 that “Many more changes coming & that season will not be recognizable that’s for sure”. You think NFL does 7 on 7 (tackle or flag)? 

3F92C828-5AE2-4DC6-92FC-94596C888213.jpeg

Yes it will be 7 on 7 - QB, RB and OL vs defense front 7. 

It will also be 4 on 4 WRs/TEs vs DBs.

The 7 on 7 is a very funny idea, suggested by Chase Daniels just for the laugh.

But what is even more funny, the people on here who took it serious and felt the need to express their displeasure with the idea. That is truly amusing.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:27 PM, CSBill said:

The 7 on 7 is a very funny idea, suggested by Chase Daniels just for the laugh.

But what is even more funny, the people on here who took it serious and felt the need to express their displeasure with the idea. That is truly amusing.

I should have marked my original post as sarcasm, but once the train left the station (Taking it seriously), it was fun to just sit back and watch?

• Like (+1) 1