Ngakoue Watch is officially on!

To add: Yannick did not have a good year last year. The previous year he had 51 QB pressures - that was 4th in league. Up there with JJ Watt and Aaron Donald. That is more than Mario the last two years combined. Lawson led the Bills last year with 28. That is an elite pass rusher and what this team needs. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There is no way Beane signs Ngakoue without having an agreement already in place for an extension.  He isn't Bill O'Brien.  I would love to add a DE like Ngakoue if they can get the numbers right.  If you cut Murphy or trade him you clear a lot of cap space that can go towards Ngakoue's contract.  Addison is 32 and obviously isn't the long term answer here.  This Bills roster is on the cusp of being a legit Super Bowl contender.  An elite DE may be the final piece of the puzzle.  This is why you manage your cap wisely so that when an opportunity like this comes up you have the means to take advantage of it.

This move might be the one that puts this team over the top.  I'm all for it if Beane can make it happen.

I was told backup QB was the last piece of our puzzle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I was told backup QB was the last piece of our puzzle.

No you weren't.  You were told a solid back up QB is insurance to protect a team's chances during a championship run.  I would take issue with you for deliberately misrepresenting my position but I think it was probably just an honest mistake on your part, more of a reading comprehension issue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

No you weren't.  You were told a solid back up QB is insurance to protect a team's chances during a championship run.  I would take issue with you for deliberately misrepresenting my position but I think it was probably just an honest mistake on your part, more of a reading comprehension issue.

You misinterpreted my position.  Prepare to die.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10

Will be really interesting to find out where Yannick lands. In my mind I went through all 32 teams to find a hit factoring in the contracting cap (and which teams are already screwed in 2021, like the Eagles and Saints) and who has a need. Seattle would’ve made sense until they traded most of their high picks the next two drafts to the Jets for Jamal.

Tennessee makes the most sense.

But that’s an intra-divisional trade.

Not that Jacksonville really cares where they finish this year.

The Rams can always be counted on to make an irresponsible move they can’t really afford, cap and draft pick consequences be damned.

Some have guessed Baltimore but that’s a middle finger to Judon, another franchised pass-rusher looking for his payday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

There is no way Beane signs Ngakoue without having an agreement already in place for an extension.  He isn't Bill O'Brien.  I would love to add a DE like Ngakoue if they can get the numbers right.  If you cut Murphy or trade him you clear a lot of cap space that can go towards Ngakoue's contract.  Addison is 32 and obviously isn't the long term answer here.  This Bills roster is on the cusp of being a legit Super Bowl contender.  An elite DE may be the final piece of the puzzle.  This is why you manage your cap wisely so that when an opportunity like this comes up you have the means to take advantage of it.

This move might be the one that puts this team over the top.  I'm all for it if Beane can make it happen.

cant have an agreement for an extension on a franchise tag after july 15. other than that minor hiccup, I agree with your post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

cant have an agreement for an extension on a franchise tag after july 15. other than that minor hiccup, I agree with your post.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

3 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Or mighta been making a funny.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

A 2nd for a 1 year rental is high.  Since you can not sign him to a new contract, you may need to let him go or sign him to a second, expensive tag next year.  Seems like high risk, moderate reward.

We’re in win now mode right? If he comes here on a one year deal, has 10+ sacks and helps the team go on a deep playoff possible Super Bowl run I would say a 2nd round pick is worth the one year rental. I don’t personally think yannick is a game changer or worth the 100 million he wants, I also don’t think the team needs him to make a deep run. But I couldn’t hate if they gave up a 2 and had him for this one season to make a push. 

Live shot of Brandon Beane working on the Ngakoue trade

1943839716_beane3.thumb.jpg.d49f5f9aca06276176b75d3111675a15.jpg

Offering a conditional 2023 5th round pick and a pair of old gym socks

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Haha (+1) 6

26 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Live shot of Brandon Beane working on the Ngakoue trade

1943839716_beane3.thumb.jpg.d49f5f9aca06276176b75d3111675a15.jpg

Offering a conditional 2023 5th round pick and a pair of old gym socks

Can I make fun if this, or will you go all anal on me too?

WAIT! nevermind..?‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 2