Heading to Elma - Whats Good Around Town?

Mark80

Will be moving to Elma from Kenmore area late August / early September.  Going from .1 acre to 3.8 acres!

Looking for info on what's good around there.  Restaurants, pizza places, place to grab a drink, etc.  Also, dog friendly parks, boutique shops, and whatever else which may be noteworthy.  Already very familiar with nearby village of lancaster, but don't really know anything about Elma.

Thanks.

Most people I know in Elma spend most of their time in East Aurora. There's a popular dog park at Knox Farm in EA. I would suggest taking an afternoon to walk to Main Street in EA and check out the shops to see what suits your taste. Blue Eyed Baker and 42 North Brewery are my favorite spots in town there. 

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Most people I know in Elma spend most of their time in East Aurora. There's a popular dog park at Knox Farm in EA. I would suggest taking an afternoon to walk to Main Street in EA and check out the shops to see what suits your taste. Blue Eyed Baker and 42 North Brewery are my favorite spots in town there. 

Pretty much what this guy said.  Knox farm and East Aurora.  Elma Towne Grill is a decent spot within Elma

• Like (+1) 2

At 3.8 acres you have you're own dog park! All you need to do is invite over friends with good beer and their dogs.

Edited by qwksilver
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, qwksilver said:

At 3.8 acres you have you're own dog park! All you need to do is invite over friends with good beer and their dogs.

Very true...but need a fence.  My puppy cannot be trusted off leash yet unfortunately.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:25 PM, Seasons1992 said:

It's SOOOO good when done properly. You get to add all kinds of flavors/garnishes to it tableside.

How To Make Pho At Home (gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free)

A place opened by us (Pho 24 for the locals), but I looked at the menu and no idea what to order. I went inside once but was met by a person who’s first language was not english and we had a rough start. I’d like to support hem and learn new foods, but without sharing english as a language (or a guide) it seemed like an uphill battle. 

It LOOKS delicious! 

Edited by Augie

You will be shopping on Transit between French Rd. and William St. where there is plenty.

You'll be splitting time on 20a going to the Orchard Park and East Aurora villages.

What Elma offers is low taxes and nice towns around and direct access to the 400.

Logistically, you made a great move. Hope the yard isn't too much. Good luck !

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

.1 acre to 3.8 acres?  Never mind the bars, best to find a reputable lawn tractor supplier.

Already on that.  Only about 2-2.5 needs to be cut, but definitely not doable with a push mower.

9 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

You will be shopping on Transit between French Rd. and William St. where there is plenty.

You'll be splitting time on 20a going to the Orchard Park and East Aurora villages.

What Elma offers is low taxes and nice towns around and direct access to the 400.

Logistically, you made a great move. Hope the yard isn't too much. Good luck !

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with that area of Transit since my GF lives in the Village of Lancaster (partially why I'm moving out that way).  Also have been to East Aurora a bunch so know some good spots there.  I never really knew too much about Elma but when I went to look at the house I loved the look of it.  Lots of open space, very few suburbanized developments, a lot of unique and beautiful homes, and still not too far away as to be completely in the sticks.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

A place opened by us (Pho 24 for the locals), but I looked at the menu and no idea what to order. I went inside once but was met by a person who’s first language was not english and we had a rough start. I’d like to support hem and learn new foods, but without sharing english as a language (or a guide) it seemed like an uphill battle. 

It LOOKS delicious! 

Just say "fuh" and it will arrive.

12 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

agreed. Pho is the bomb, especially when the broth is done right. It is ridiculously filling too!  

Pro tip: Always go with the smaller bowl, if they offer two options.

• Thank you (+1) 1