Josh Allen 45min Interview with Mark Sanchez

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno he seemed a bit taken aback by some of it  - the guys slamming their girls into the tables "uuuuuuooooh...That Poor Girl!"

You can see him clearly not trying to laugh at some of the stuff that happened. 

He understands that Bills dont like that look. Yeah of course some of unconscious people can make someone cringe.

At the end of the day you know hes into it. Its all there in the video.

9 hours ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

That was a great interview. I wasn't sure I was going to watch all 45 minutes but it was worth it. It's got me even more pumped for this season (that had better happen!!!)

I love Josh talking about Bills Mafia and the tables. The way he has to look away from the camera so no one sees him laughing is great.

He also gave some interesting perspective on the work ethic brought in by Brown and Beasley and what players like Lee Smith bring to the team even though everyone here says he is useless. Then there's the part about his training and some conversations with Daboll. There was definitely a lot of insight to be gained from his answers to things. 

The one thing I did not like all that much was Sanchez telling him to take the check-downs on 3rd and long after complimenting him on his completion percentage on 3rd and long. Keep slinging it! Within reason I guess but there's a reason he's so good on 3rd and long.

Agreed! That was the one part that got my attention too.

Josh refusing to check down on 3rd and long has hurt his Comp% by at least a few points, but has also made him a playmaker and has sustained drives. I hope he keeps that competitive edge, without forcing it.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That whole thing was great, though I wish they did a better job showing the viewer the clips Sanchez and guest were obviously watching.

They probably dont have the licensing rights? Showing NFL clips is VERY expensive.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They probably dont have the licensing rights? Showing NFL clips is VERY expensive.

Oh, good point, I hadn't thought of that.

4 hours ago, Steve O said:

Some players have no motorcycle clauses, some no snowboarding in their contracts. Beane will have to put a "no back flips" clause in Josh's next contract.

Yeah, I caught that.  Sanchez asked Josh if he could still do a round-off and he said he could still do a back flip, heck, a double back flip.

I wasn't able to pull it out of an Instagram story (technologically challenged with social media) but there was a clip showing someone John Brown was training with doing a roundoff and a handspring.  John Brown responded with what would be a respectable college-level tumbling run in a gymnastics meet, including as I recall a single and a double back flip.  Didn't look like he was stressing himself either.  Hope he and Josh don't get into a "who does the best backflip" contest LOL!

These guys are just such incredible athletes - wonder how many of them have the same background and did some gymnastics?

Edit: here it is!  It was at the workout with other Bills WR in FL.  McKensie vs Brown, who ya got?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/8/2020 at 12:55 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hey the beard's growing in more fully now! Our wunderkind is growing up way too fast right in front of us :cry: 

On 7/8/2020 at 12:55 PM, GoBills808 said:

Dat beard doe

Mmmm sooo Andrew Lucky:wub:

Literally thought Luck was going to be what Allen is... Best runner that has a cannon, except Josh is better than Luck in both categories...make that 3 with the beard

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/8/2020 at 1:00 PM, Jerome007 said:

I still don't get Bills fans that hate Josh. He's got that "It" factor oozing from his pores. Future is bright!

Guys who want something bad enough find a way. Look how far he's dragged himself? No one wanted this kid and he said "oh yeah?"

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Mmmm sooo Andrew Lucky:wub:

Literally thought Luck was going to be what Allen is... Best runner that has a cannon, except Josh is better than Luck in both categories...make that 3 with the beard

I think Luck is one of the great unrealized potential for QB’s this league has ever seen—hijacked by injuries and a dousing of his inner fire that just couldn’t be overcome. He did have the best twitter parody account of all time though...which is niiiice. 
https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/8/2020 at 10:21 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Something to take us all away from racism and COVID. Enjoy!

Wow, that was 45 minutes well spent. Sanchez is great. Josh is just so laid back cool. Learned more about the Bills there than anything I heard on WGR.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1