Josh Allen 45min Interview with Mark Sanchez

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That is what I thought but that is an awfully bold statement. especially after reading how terrible a pass catcher he is in TDB.

Agreed. I think it's based on him getting over his dropsies he had last season. If he doesn't have that issue anymore I can see why they'd say that. He's a physical freak and I think he showed glimpses of that last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That is what I thought but that is an awfully bold statement. especially after reading how terrible a pass catcher he is in TDB.

He did drop some passes but he also made a few jaw dropping catches and his size and speed are impressive. I think if he gets over the drops he has the potential to be a top 10 TE, and one day top 5.

But that's a lot of projecting.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What does Sanchez & J Allen mean when he says Knox is "easily top ten"?  Top ten of what, NFL TEs?

That’s what they said, certainly not top ten of weak side linebackers, ?

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well...Joe Marino firmly believes Knox can be just that. He is an athletic TE that has shown glimpses and has every physical gift that all the great TEs have had. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that he could be top ten. 

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The biggest bummer of the offseason is that Allen had a GREAT interview on Tony Romo's tv show, and they havent made it available online anywhere. I caught half of it live on tv last month, but that's it.

that, and you know, the whole season falling apart slowly 

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Top ten is essentially just establishing yourself as better than average (10 vs like 12 is opinion more than anything. That Knox could be slightly above average isn’t toooooo bold. He could be a lot of things at this point. Some big crossroads ahead.

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The biggest bummer of the offseason is that Allen had a GREAT interview on Tony Romo's tv show, and they havent made it available online anywhere. I caught half of it live on tv last month, but that's it.

No doubt. Been looking for it since it came out.  I didnt bother to Dvr it because everything eventually makes it online.....except this one interview 

33:30 – "John Brown – when he came in – the work ethic this guy showed – how fast and how hard he ran his routes – each and every day in practice.  It was like – this is different.  I didn’t have this last year…..  Then when Bease came in he was the same way”

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Something to take us all away from racism and COVID. Enjoy!

That whole thing was great, though I wish they did a better job showing the viewer the clips Sanchez and guest were obviously watching.

Sanchez: "You sound like a draft commentator.  Are you going to go into TV after this?"

Josh: "I hope not"

Sanchez (jabbing): "Better face for radio"

Josh (very straight, unphased) "Yeah"

Sanchez and Josh: "Pistachios"

10 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Josh is all about Bills mafia and crushing tables.

He is only "obligated" to [say he does not] condone the activity by the Bills brass. 

Keep crushing them tables boys.

I dunno he seemed a bit taken aback by some of it  - the guys slamming their girls into the tables "uuuuuuooooh...That Poor Girl!"

I wonder how many times a day Sanchez is asked about the butt fumble.

It's going to say "The Butt Fumbler" on his grave stone. I feel a little bad for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

Butt Fumble GIFs | Tenor

11 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Poor Sanchez..... :oops:

It's almost as if he tried as hard as he could to become a human buttplug...he thought he was going to dive into safety, it is also in this moment he became know the world over as "Dirty Sanchez the Buttfumbler"?

• Like (+1) 1

That was a great interview. I wasn't sure I was going to watch all 45 minutes but it was worth it. It's got me even more pumped for this season (that had better happen!!!)

I love Josh talking about Bills Mafia and the tables. The way he has to look away from the camera so no one sees him laughing is great.

He also gave some interesting perspective on the work ethic brought in by Brown and Beasley and what players like Lee Smith bring to the team even though everyone here says he is useless. Then there's the part about his training and some conversations with Daboll. There was definitely a lot of insight to be gained from his answers to things. 

The one thing I did not like all that much was Sanchez telling him to take the check-downs on 3rd and long after complimenting him on his completion percentage on 3rd and long. Keep slinging it! Within reason I guess but there's a reason he's so good on 3rd and long.

• Like (+1) 2

Just watched it.

My daughter loves pistachios.  Josh is now her favorite player.    

I hate the Jets.  But I do think it's very cool that him and Darnold are really close.  Similar to how Kelly and Marino were.  

Love that he compared his game to Favre and Rodgers.