Hate Speech from Philly......

I wouldn’t call it hate speech...it’s more, or less, just putting out a hypothesis...I think people get carried away with the words “hate speech” or “racist” so that they essentially lost their meaning...

It almost seems like those terms are used like “politically correct “ used to be used back in the 90s...just another form of censorship...it’s ok to disagree with something without having to call it hate speech or racist- that idea comes from the Leftist philosophy that that they are virtuous, therefore all who disagree are not...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

He has his opinion and used his right under the constitution to speak it. He is a moron. His right exposed that fact. Im moving on 

I agree 100%...

he has the right to speak his mind...

everyone else has the right to their infinite range of thoughts on the matter too...

round and round it goes...

morons get to speak in America...

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I agree 100%...

everyone else has the right to their infinite range of thoughts on the matter too...

Sure. I agree in principle, but it sure does seem like open season on Jews.

How many pages were on the thread about Fromme, ya know?

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sure. I agree in principle, but it sure does seem like open season on Jews.

How many pages were on the thread about Fromme, ya know?

It's open season on everyone...

there is an ebb and flow, of course, but everyone is being criticized, it's just how it is...

everyone just has to deal with it as best as they can...

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

It's open season on everyone...

there is an ebb and flow, of course, but everyone is being criticized, it's just how it is...

everyone just has to deal with it as best as they can...

Maybe I am more sensitive to it because of where I live. A few weeks ago they were blaming Hasadic Jews for the spread of covid19. Many of them went to a funeral and were blasted in the media. What many don't know is that not all of them are stereotypical "smart, rich Jews." Some Hasidics live in a very limited world and were told by their leaders to attend a funeral. Do I think this was a mistake? Yes.

CNN said in a segment that the riots did not lead to a spike in corona cases. Yeah, ok, but Jews were blasted for days about attending a funeral.

I don't know if I agree that it is open season on everyone. Even if it is, it sure does seem that attacking Jews is less frowned upon, and this sucks.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I agree 100%...

Yes. So do we.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe I am more sensitive to it because of where I live. A few weeks ago they were blaming Hasadic Jews for the spread of covid19. Many of them went to a funeral and were blasted in the media. What many don't know is that not all of them are stereotypical "smart, rich Jews." Some Hasidics live in a very limited world and were told by their leaders to attend a funeral. Do I think this was a mistake? Yes.

CNN said in a segment that the riots did not lead to a spike in corona cases. Yeah, ok, but Jews were blasted for days about attending a funeral.

I don't know if I agree that it is open season on everyone. Even if it is, it sure does seem that attacking Jews is less frowned upon, and this sucks.

Listen, I thought the whole attack on NYC jews going back to the measles was terrible...

it was unconstitutional from my perspective, but it was also a political ploy...

everybody in this world is subject to a public ball breaking, and that is all I can say about it...

I am done with everyone trying to win the "I'm the most oppressed group" contest, or, the "everyone is picking on me" contest...

it comes with the territory in America, and it is what it is...

no group is above criticism, whether others think it is fair or not...

everyone also has the opportunity to make public statements in their own defense...

25 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I had to be very careful toeing the line in the thread @FireChans started on TSW last night.  The hypocrisy of the most virtuous board members was as infuriating as it was expected.

To your last point, I've noticed this uptick a lot in recent years. Politicians publicly supporting antisemitism and getting no blowback from the mainstream media or other Dem politicians. Everyone is willing to condemn racism against POC. It's scary that the same can't be said for the Jewish community.

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was unfortunate that he did that.  I think today’s NFL needs to heed the words of Sonny Weaver Jr... “Don’t Twitter.  For the love of Jesus, just stop.  Delete your profile, get off the web, do not do this to yourself.” 

With that said, he also admitted ignorance and apologized, which shows to the OP’s question, even he knows it was NOT ok.  Then he had a conversation with a very gracious member of the Jewish faith.  If you hate cancel culture and it’s inability to forgive human error, this is a great opportunity to just rise above it, accept what seemed to be a sincere apology and just move on.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Reverse the situation, popular Jew quotes a past crude remark about African Americans.....

.....headline news for weeks and a national cry for his banishment.

Just saying.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Reverse the situation, popular Jew quotes a past crude remark about African Americans.....

.....headline news for weeks and a national cry for his banishment.

Just saying.

Or swap in Drew Brees having the nerve to state what the anthem means to him.  He is not allowed to have a different interpretation than Kaepernick because that it is a symbol of oppression.  

As as a general rule, we should all listen to whatever LeCom James tweets.  He can be our guidepost.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 2