DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I certainly would like to hear. I did a quick reply and Im far from perfect and like to learn everyday

I did not bring out my notebook so I just went off memory and my studies best I could

For the most part I thought you nailed it.

I'd argue against the point that there was nothing good about the Confederacy because there was a lot more to it than just slavery (e.g. state sovereignty) that were valid issues irrespective of slavery.

Also, the highest estimate I've seen is 25% of southerners owning slaves, with other estimates coming in much lower.

Otherwise I thought your post was on the money.

21 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

For the most part I thought you nailed it.

I'd argue against the point that there was nothing good about the Confederacy because there was a lot more to it than just slavery (e.g. state sovereignty) that were valid issues irrespective of slavery.

Also, the highest estimate I've seen is 25% of southerners owning slaves, with other estimates coming in much lower.

Otherwise I thought your post was on the money.

I was trying to be conservative on some numbers so I thought I said atleast 50% didn't own slaves

But I brought out my notes and some states are higher and some are lower but it averages out to about 25%-30%.

With only 1% being massive plantation owners with 100+ slaves... The 1% are always the most powerful in any time period

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was trying to be conservative on some numbers so I thought I said atleast 50% didn't own slaves

But I brought out my notes and some states are higher and some are lower but it averages out to about 25%-30%.

With only 1% being massive plantation owners with 100+ slaves... The 1% are always the most powerful in any time period

To bring this thread back to the original topic, I've heard it said that most of the major slave holders in the south were Jews.

I've never pursued that theory, but DeSean Jackson may be able to shed some light on it.

12 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

To bring this thread back to the original topic, I've heard it said that most of the major slave holders in the south were Jews.

I've never pursued that theory, but DeSean Jackson may be able to shed some light on it.

I think Jackson needs to understand that people of all ethnicities Creed's and religions have been put through hard times

And that he needs to understand what he's quoting. Which he clearly doesn't

It's just anti-semitic trash and not based in fact

And I don't have numbers but their were Jewish slave owners. Just like there was  Baptist and Presbyterian slave owners

Edited by Buffalo716

13 hours ago, Rob's House said:

There were very few Jewish slave owners, and very few Jews at all in the US, particularly in the South in the Civil War era.  Most Jewish immigration happened in the late 19th, early 20th century, and was concentrated in the big NE cities like NYC & Philly.  My own ancestors came from Russia in 1899.  Besides that, Jewish immigrants were generally dirt poor and almost none of them would have been farmers as Jews were largely prohibited from owning land in Europe. 

It's also important to remember that Jews weren't even considered 'white' in the US until post WW2, and would not have been welcome in the  antebellum South.  There were a couple small enclaves of jews in Mobile and New Orleans, but that has more to do with their history as French colonial outposts where France was for the most part more tolerant of Jews than England.  Jewish emmigrants were also dirt poor and lived in terrible conditions. The highest population density ever recorded in the US was in the Lower East Side of Manhattan in the early 1900s.  My grandfather lived in a 1 room 'studio' there with 12 others, all his family.  They all worked in sweatshops and several of them didnt make it to adulthood.  It wasn't slavery per se but it wasn't the 1% existence that bigots like to ascribe to Jews either.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Thats why there are so many african americans with the last names Leiberman, Cohen, and Horowitz.  Look at the starting 5 on any NBA team and basically reads like a law firm.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Thats why there are so many african americans with the last names Leiberman, Cohen, and Horowitz.  Look at the starting 5 on any NBA team and basically reads like a law firm.

I wasn't endorsing the theory. Just a funny way to turn the thread back to the original topic.

Jews have a strong history of supporting the Civil rights movement. Rabbis gave the opening prayers for MLKs March on Washington. Rabbis marched with MLK to Selma. In 1964 when 4 Civil Rights activists disappeared in the south 2 of them were Jews helping to fight for the cause! I find it inexcusable that more African American athletes don"t know this about the Jewish people and their silence is disgusting. 

23 hours ago, Rob's House said:

bull####...

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Exactly.. the comment you responded to was the dumbest one I’ve read on the board this month. And it’s been a dumb month. 

19 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I wasn't endorsing the theory. Just a funny way to turn the thread back to the original topic.

It’s acknowledged that some Jews were slave owners and slave traders in that era. But the idea that they played a disproportionate role is a canard. 

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

It’s acknowledged that some Jews were slave owners and slave traders in that era.

Somehow the Jews are involved in money transfer, arts and politics somewhere and at some time in human history, usually much more than their numbers would suggest they would be.

Hitler never said why he hated them so in Mein Kampf or speeches, but we can only speculate it had something to do with WWI and Israel. 

Edited by Niagara

3 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

It’s acknowledged that some Jews were slave owners and slave traders in that era. But the idea that they played a disproportionate role is a canard. 

There's been a movement to rewrite history in the last 30-40 yrs or so, to claim that Jews were the principal financiers of the slave ships and the trade.  Gee, I wonder where that idea originated?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara said:

Somehow the Jews are involved in money transfer, arts and politics somewhere and at some time in human history, usually much more than their numbers would suggest they would be.

Hitler never said why he hated them so in Mein Kampf or speeches, but we can only speculate it had something to do with WWI and Israel. 

I see your a real history buff thinking that Isreal was why Hitler hated the jews.

• Haha (+1) 1