DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

28 minutes ago, T master said:

Oh okay i read that exert in a different article but i was told it was a false statement and just put out as propaganda & if that is what he referenced in his statement then he must be more foolish than we give him credit for !! 

Correct, it's not a real Hitler quote, it 's a quote falsely attributed to Hitler.  I don't follow it well enough to ID all the players but much of the Black Hebrew Israelite thing is super fring-y and extreme, just like Nation of Islam/Louis Farrakhan. 

Good reminder that hateful extremists are found everywhere, and that radicalization of naive people follows.

6 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Apparently he was recently spotted wearing this t-shirt:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6pmuKqEjvhZuoCQIQSoJ

Who is "he" in this instance (just confirming, as several people have been discussed in this thread)?

And if not humor, got a source?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

This got me thinking about the concept of privilege.

How many people do you imagine could publicly praise Hitler and keep their high profile job?

How many can drop the n word in a video and keep their job?  Or go on anti - Semitic and racist tirades on multiple occasions like Mel Gibson and keep making movies?  

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's a false statement and propaganda in that Hitler never said it, and it is used by the NOI as part of its propaganda.

You are absolutely correct that Jackson is likely even dumber-er than we thought (and that is saying something).

From his other recent posts, it looks like he had his first exposure to Farrakhan and the NOI this past weekend. And like most right-wing extremist groups, they are very crafty with their initial introduction to radicalization. They start with a lot of words and phrases that "make sense" to their target while (sometimes not so) subtly hiding their true intent.

Jackson, being an idiot, saw that quote, probably saw key words he recognized like "*****", "white Americans", "Mistreating, discriminating, and lynching", never really comprehended the entire message, missing the single but key mentions of Hitler and of Jews, and thought he was posting something that would further the black Civil Rights cause. Boy, was he wrong.

Not excusing it at all. But there is no history with him on this stuff. I think it's way more him being a gullible, mostly-illiterate dumbass than hating Jews.

NOW, former Chiefs RB Larry Johnson on the other hand... Has gone way off the deep end with a full buy-in on the Black Hebrew Isrealites and their anti-semitic, homophobic, free mason illuminati, End Days, stuff. His entire twitter feed is a weird, twisted train wreck. (Link Removed)

True, I'm deleting the link to Larry Johnson's bull#### in my previous post. Good call.

Did you mean to say that Farrakhan is a right-wing extremist?

I don’t think you meant to say that.

Right?

22 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

At one point in the comments he suggested that Jews didn't have it as bad as black people because it is 9 million deaths (the holocaust) v. 100 million deaths (the slave trade).  It was breathtaking. 

Oh, No....he didn't? 

Ugh, of all the un-productive things in the world, a "relative oppression" contest strikes me as one of the very least productive.  And of course, the Holocost was far from the only antisemitic event resulting in massive Jewish deaths.  Quite the history there.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Right?

I read him as drawing a comparison between the recruiting of right-wing extremists and NOI extremists, not as saying Farrakhan is a right-wing extremist.

It's been commented before that extremist groups on all sides of the spectrum actually use very similar recruiting techniques to draw young people in

For example: https://abcnews.go.com/US/hate-groups-similar-online-recruiting-methods-isis-experts/story?id=53528932

They target people who feel isolated and adrift and promise them a life of meaning and acceptance where they will be part of a huge "family"

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, No....he didn't? 

Ugh, of all the un-productive things in the world, a "relative oppression" contest strikes me as one of the very least productive.  And of course, the Holocost was far from the only antisemitic event resulting in massive deaths

I read him as drawing a comparison between the recruiting of right-wing extremists and NOI extremists, not as saying Farrakhan is a right-wing extremist.

It's been commented before that extremist groups on all sides of the spectrum actually use very similar recruiting techniques to draw young people in

For example: https://abcnews.go.com/US/hate-groups-similar-online-recruiting-methods-isis-experts/story?id=53528932

They target people who feel isolated and adrift and promise them a life of meaning and acceptance where they will be part of a huge "family"

That’s what I figured as well. I thought it was worth clarifying in case anyone else read it and saw some room for ambiguity (as I did).

Based on @DrDawkinstein’s post history, I would’ve been rather surprised to see anything nefarious in it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Right?

Conservative extremist then? Where do anti-semitic, homophobic, separatist, Religious extremists fall? The BHI pages Johnson links on Twitter are against lib-lefts.

I really wasnt trying to comment on his politics as much as show they are using the same ol methods.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Conservative extremist then? Where do anti-semitic, homophobic, separatist, Religious extremists fall? The BHI pages Johnson links on Twitter are against lib-lefts.

Well since folks like Rashida Tlaib and Linda Sarsour have documented ties to Farrakhan, while Donny Boy’s kid was harping on the Dems to disavow him, I have a hard time fitting him into the right-wing box. Maybe religious extremist is as complicated as it needs to be?

But semantics aside, he’s a lunatic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, No....he didn't? 

Ugh, of all the un-productive things in the world, a "relative oppression" contest strikes me as one of the very least productive.  And of course, the Holocost was far from the only antisemitic event resulting in massive Jewish deaths.  Quite the history there.

I agree. It wasn't a good take, in any event. But not knowing the history really surprised me. I know Goodwin cares deeply about black oppression, and he has visited Egypt with Kaep before to learn about African strength. I would think he be more well read than to think Jewish oppression is isolated to the Holocaust. 

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm gonna guess Mr. "Good People on Both Sides" of that Nazi march.

Just a note: gotta be careful with that quote since it often gets cut off to make it look worse.

I’m no Trump fan, but he definitely and explicitly said that he wasn’t referring to the white supremacists—who should be condemned.

He’s said a lot of stupid and reprehensible things, but this one particular quote doesn’t make the cut as one of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Just a note: gotta be careful with that quote since it often gets cut off to make it look worse.

I’m no Trump fan, but he definitely and explicitly said that he wasn’t referring to the white supremacists—who should be condemned.

He’s said a lot of stupid and reprehensible things, but this one particular quote doesn’t make the cut as one of them.

Insert any of Trumps call backs to Nazi rhetoric and imagery you like then :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I hated Trump when he got the Republican ticket (I still do, that is not the direction the party should be going). I found his claim that the media lies or is biased against him gross.  However, after he got elected, stuff like this kept happening. Even when COVID started, it was so easy to compare what CNN and others were representing Trump as having said v. what he actually said/happened, and I realized CNN was being intentionally misleading. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I agree. It wasn't a good take, in any event. But not knowing the history really surprised me. I know Goodwin cares deeply about black oppression, and he has visited Egypt with Kaep before to learn about African strength. I would think he be more well read than to think Jewish oppression is isolated to the Holocaust. 

Nobody tell Kaep, but North Africans in general, and Egyptians in particular, are not Black, but rather more similar in genetic makeup to near easterners, Anatolians, and early people of SE Europe.  Desean Jackson would be horrified to learn that the slaves that built the Pyramids were Hebrews of Semitic descent.  I got shouted down in an African Geography class (SUNY Albany, 1990!) for bringing this inconvenient information to the table.  Fun fact, tell a modern Egyptian that they are black and you're going to get an earful.  Or better yet, don't.  Liberal American sensibilities aren't shared by most of the rest of the world

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Insert any of Trumps call backs to Nazi rhetoric and imagery you like then :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I hated Trump when he got the Republican ticket (I still do, that is not the direction the party should be going). I found his claim that the media lies or is biased against him gross.  However, after he got elected, stuff like this kept happening. Even when COVID started, it was so easy to compare what CNN and others were representing Trump as having said v. what he actually said/happened, and I realized CNN was being intentionally misleading. 

The good news is that outfits like USA Today, Reuters, CSPAN and others typically provide full transcripts for review, so it’s not difficult (time consuming though it may be) to draw one’s own conclusions.

Just now, FarrellsFinest said:

What does Semeitic mean? I wonder if you guys actually know? 

Technical definition has to do with a family of languages, but in the common parlance refers to the ethnic groups that comprise Arabs and Hebrews today.  I use the term Hebrews to differentiate them from Ashkanazi jews who have significant northern European DNA, though I'm sure I'll get a WELL ACKSHUALLY from someone here

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Nobody tell Kaep, but North Africans in general, and Egyptians in particular, are not Black, but rather more similar in genetic makeup to near easterners, Anatolians, and early people of SE Europe.  Desean Jackson would be horrified to learn that the slaves that built the Pyramids were Hebrews of Semitic descent.  I got shouted down in an African Geography class (SUNY Albany, 1990!) for bringing this inconvenient information to the table.  Fun fact, tell a modern Egyptian that they are black and you're going to get an earful.  Or better yet, don't.  Liberal American sensibilities aren't shared by most of the rest of the world

There’s a big push in academia to re-write the history of who built the pyramids and remove the Jewish slave portion of their history. Came up in a PPP discussion briefly, and I won’t get into it, but my favorite discovery in reading up on it was History.com writing an article about how it’s now believed Jewish slaves weren’t the builders of the pyramids, quoting an ancient historian for a random fact about the pyramids, and ignoring that said historian specifically said that they were built by Jewish slaves. 

not to digress, but that’s where academia is at when it comes to “re-writing” narratives.

Edited by whatdrought