DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jake Fromm thought the same thing 

When my daughter wanted a smart phone, we explained that she would not keep it private from her parents.

I told her, if you write in a journal and keep it in a drawer, that's private. 

But if you put it in any form of electronic communication, you have immediately lost all control over where it may travel and who may see it, and if you post something that 30,000 of your "closest friends" may wind up viewing, you're not gonna keep it private from your parents. 

Kids really need to understand this.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When my daughter wanted a smart phone, we explained that she would not keep it private from her parents.

I told her, if you write in a journal and keep it in a drawer, that's private. 

But if you put it in any form of electronic communication, you have immediately lost all control over where it may travel and who may see it, and if you post something that 30,000 of your "closest friends" may wind up viewing, you're not gonna keep it private from your parents. 

Kids really need to understand this.

We did the same thing. No secrets on the internet.

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Teef, I’m sure you didn’t mean it, but Asian people consider Oriental prejudiced like the other derogatory remarks.  I didn’t know it either and doesn’t matter to me, but learned this when we adopted my daughter from China.  I spent 3 1/2 weeks there.  The reason many Asian people consider it prejudiced, again didn’t know until we adopted her is the Orient refers to an area of the world East of Europe.  Asian persons don’t like being referenced as dated as somewhere referenced to Europe meaning they are superior to other areas of the world.

Again, I’m not offended and we never told my girl this point, because a great deal older people use this name when they don’t mean anything by it.  Just like my grandmother who would be 108 if still alive used to call African-American persons colored.  She meant absolutely no disrespect and is a devout catholic who is not prejudiced at all.  She was born in 1912, and didn’t know this was wrong.  I would correct her and say, Grandma, you can’t say this, it’s wrong.  She would reply that’s how we refer to black people.  I would just respond, that doesn’t make it right Gram.  I loved her and knew in her heart she never thought poorly of anyone at all.  She just grew up in a much different time.  

I hate we’re not there yet, but these little things tell me we are making the smallest steps in progress.  I truly hope this keeps going in the right direction.

I'm Asian and I don't consider the term "oriental" prejudiced at all. Please stop trying to paint us with a broad brush.

In fact I use the term oriental in my vocabulary and other Asians aren't offended at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

yeah, that's dead wrong that Fidel Castro supporting loser.

But Fidel Castro is a good role model he stands for Human rights and democracy , 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, teef said:

that's the way my father was.  loved his parents, but just couldn't be close to his mom.  i'm starting to see that with my brother in law and his parents.  he was home visiting for the holiday weekend, and he looked miserable.  they have completely different views on almost all subject matters.  they don't argue about it, but he has some serious resentment towards them.  to give you an idea, he's a young, single gay man, and they're hardcore trump supporters.  there's friction there.

I don't resent my parents but with both of them (they are separated) small doses is the order of the day. 3 days is about my limit after which I am stir crazy. I acknowledge they did a really good job raising me and part of the reason I find them frustrating at times now is because I know my own mind and am pretty uncompromising and they are good qualities that my parents instilled in me. Think for yourself, don't just accept what others tell you and then stand your ground when required. It isn't really a political difference as such... at least not a big P one... it is more the little things and what we judge as important. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Apparently he was recently spotted wearing this t-shirt:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6pmuKqEjvhZuoCQIQSoJ

Is he going to be wearing this shirt while kneeling during National Anthem ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

This got me thinking about the concept of privilege.

How many people do you imagine could publicly praise Hitler and keep their high profile job?

To ask the question is to answer it.

It's the soft racism of low expectations to say or assume that Desean Jackson didn't know better, which i think can be seen in his mealy mouthed "I'm sorry that you were offended" apology

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

To ask the question is to answer it.

It's the soft racism of low expectations to say or assume that Desean Jackson didn't know better, which i think can be seen in his mealy mouthed "I'm sorry that you were offended" apology

Exactly....

On 7/7/2020 at 5:58 PM, FireChans said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29422431/eagles-desean-jackson-says-hate-jewish-community-posting-anti-semitic-messages%3fplatform=amp

Didn’t see this talked about on the main board.

The Eagles have condemned his remarks.

Hopefully the rest of the NFL condemns his remarks the way Drew Brees’ remarks were condemned.

You can find all the apology posts but i want to read what he said in the first place to cause such a uproar or is that being squashed because they don't want him being in the NFL to put a worse light on the what they are trying to change ?? 

5 minutes ago, T master said:

You can find all the apology posts but i want to read what he said in the first place to cause such a uproar or is that being squashed because they don't want him being in the NFL to put a worse light on the what they are trying to change ?? 

He posted an image of text, pretty easy to find with a simple Google search. Here it is:

desean_hitlerwidth-704.jpg?w=620&q=40&h=

More info: https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/desean-jackson-controversy

Edited by DrDawkinstein

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He posted an image of text, pretty easy to find with a simple Google search. Here it is:

desean_hitlerwidth-704.jpg?w=620&q=40&h=

More info: https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/desean-jackson-controversy

Oh okay i read that exert in a different article but i was told it was a false statement and just put out as propaganda & if that is what he referenced in his statement then he must be more foolish than we give him credit for !! 

21 minutes ago, T master said:

Oh okay i read that exert in a different article but i was told it was a false statement and just put out as propaganda & if that is what he referenced in his statement then he must be more foolish than we give him credit for !! 

It's a false statement and propaganda in that Hitler never said it, and it is used by the NOI as part of its propaganda.

You are absolutely correct that Jackson is likely even dumber-er than we thought (and that is saying something).

From his other recent posts, it looks like he had his first exposure to Farrakhan and the NOI this past weekend. And like most right-wing extremist groups, they are very crafty with their initial introduction to radicalization. They start with a lot of words and phrases that "make sense" to their target while (sometimes not so) subtly hiding their true intent.

Jackson, being an idiot, saw that quote, probably saw key words he recognized like "*****", "white Americans", "Mistreating, discriminating, and lynching", never really comprehended the entire message, missing the single but key mentions of Hitler and of Jews, and thought he was posting something that would further the black Civil Rights cause. Boy, was he wrong.

Not excusing it at all. But there is no history with him on this stuff. I think it's way more him being a gullible, mostly-illiterate dumbass than hating Jews.

NOW, former Chiefs RB Larry Johnson on the other hand... Has gone way off the deep end with a full buy-in on the Black Hebrew Isrealites and their anti-semitic, homophobic, free mason illuminati, End Days, stuff. His entire twitter feed is a weird, twisted train wreck. (Link Removed)

19 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

In situations like these, its better to amplify the voices of people saying the right thing than those of the people saying the harmful thing. 

True, I'm deleting the link to Larry Johnson's bull#### in my previous post. Good call.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1