DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

11 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm an italian catholic, but have a number of jewish friends from school and work.  at one of their weddings, i was talking with the rabbi, and he told me the greatest line.  once he found out i was italian, he told me that the jew and the italians were more similar than anyone realized.  why?  because we can't move too far away from our mothers.  i still live close to my parents.  

Did you know I'm kinda Korean?

13 minutes ago, teef said:

is that different than oriental?  

Teef, I’m sure you didn’t mean it, but Asian people consider Oriental prejudiced like the other derogatory remarks.  I didn’t know it either and doesn’t matter to me, but learned this when we adopted my daughter from China.  I spent 3 1/2 weeks there.  The reason many Asian people consider it prejudiced, again didn’t know until we adopted her is the Orient refers to an area of the world East of Europe.  Asian persons don’t like being referenced as dated as somewhere referenced to Europe meaning they are superior to other areas of the world.

Again, I’m not offended and we never told my girl this point, because a great deal older people use this name when they don’t mean anything by it.  Just like my grandmother who would be 108 if still alive used to call African-American persons colored.  She meant absolutely no disrespect and is a devout catholic who is not prejudiced at all.  She was born in 1912, and didn’t know this was wrong.  I would correct her and say, Grandma, you can’t say this, it’s wrong.  She would reply that’s how we refer to black people.  I would just respond, that doesn’t make it right Gram.  I loved her and knew in her heart she never thought poorly of anyone at all.  She just grew up in a much different time.  

I hate we’re not there yet, but these little things tell me we are making the smallest steps in progress.  I truly hope this keeps going in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Teef, I’m sure you didn’t mean it, but Asian people consider Oriental prejudiced like the other derogatory remarks.  I didn’t know it either and doesn’t matter to me, but learned this when we adopted my daughter from China.  I spent 3 1/2 weeks there.  The reason many Asian people consider it prejudiced, again didn’t know until we adopted her is the Orient refers to an area of the world East of Europe.  Asian persons don’t like being referenced as dated as somewhere referenced to Europe meaning they are superior to other areas of the world.

Again, I’m not offended and we never told my girl this point, because a great deal older people use this name when they don’t mean anything by it.  Just like my grandmother who would be 108 if still alive used to call African-American persons colored.  She meant absolutely no disrespect and is a devout catholic who is not prejudiced at all.  She was born in 1912, and didn’t know this was wrong.  I would correct her and say, Grandma, you can’t say this, it’s wrong.  She would reply that’s how we refer to black people.  I would just respond, that doesn’t make it right Gram.  I loved her and knew in her heart she never thought poorly of anyone at all.  She just grew up in a much different time.  

I hate we’re not there yet, but these little things tell me we are making the smallest steps in progress.  I truly hope this keeps going in the right direction.

I also had no idea that was offensive THANKS for pointing it out , I guess we can always learn something new every day no matter how old we are !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Goodwin has provided no evidence that “the Jewish community” is lashing out at him, but he should know that “the Jewish community” not a monolith; some Jewish people may have disagreed with what he posted on Instagram, but that is not the same thing as being attacked by an entire community.

Jackson has said he will meet with Jewish leaders in Philadelphia and educate himself. Goodwin should do the same.

Oh the irony. The "Jewish community” is indeed not a monolith group. But the "Jewish leaders in Philadelphia" are representing them all?

P- Man, neither did I.  That’s why I like Teef and assumed he didn’t know like I didn’t know until 15 years ago as my daughter is 16.  A very good friend who is Asian educated me when I made the same mistake.  I had no idea.  I felt terrible back then and immediately apologized.  She was very kind and told me it was fine.  She said it was relatively commonly known amongst Asian persons, but I was completely naive.  Thanks for the nice comment and Teef, again, we’re good my friend.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

OMG, what was Goodwin thinking.  If I’m a professional athlete, I would never in a million years get on Social Media.  These knuckleheads will keep themselves out of most of these problems if they simply would stick to Cel. Phones, and emails to people they know.  Do they not see so many other athletes get themselves into trouble by their own posts.  There is a reason why you never hear about some athletes?  

When did you ever hear anything really about the Mannings, Brady, and so on saying something stupid on any social media.  They are too smart and know their words can be twisted around so they for the most part stay out of it except for clearly non issue posts.  If I’m an agent, I would be telling my players I represent to stay off social media.  I know Goodwin probably received a lot of bad posts, but so what?  It goes away.  Even on this board, the smart posters may say their piece, but when slammed, just ignore it and move on.  They don’t keep going back and forth as no one wins anyway.  It’s just a waste of time.

Jake Fromm thought the same thing 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Jake Fromm thought the same thing 

As long as there are attention whores out there, especially those who specialize in taking offense on behalf of others, no permanent communications medium is safe.  That perfectly acceptable opinion that you hold today?  Like perhaps that you enjoy a nice Porterhouse?  Wait 10 years, that may be evidence that you're a dangerous bigot and need to be cancelled

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

well I’m not going to debate the great Yolo.  Well said my friend.  I stand corrected, and beyond me why people write the stupidest things in any form.  

Can’t trust anyone when the ability to screen shot exists

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

I also had no idea that was offensive THANKS for pointing it out , I guess we can always learn something new every day no matter how old we are !!! 

I got the impression he was using the term ironically to illustrate how outdated and offensive it is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i'm an italian catholic, but have a number of jewish friends from school and work.  at one of their weddings, i was talking with the rabbi, and he told me the greatest line.  once he found out i was italian, he told me that the jew and the italians were more similar than anyone realized.  why?  because we can't move too far away from our mothers.  i still live close to my parents.  

And in contrast I moved away from my parents as soon as I was able. I still love them and all, but they don't define my life. I never agreed with them on almost anything even when I was a child.  I knew at 8 years old I thought they were wrong about most things ?

42 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

oh i know, and appreciate the heads up!  royal and i have known each other for over a dozen years through bills message boards, and it's just us being us.  he could never be mad at me.  i was going out of my way to be obnoxious.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And in contrast I moved away from my parents as soon as I was able. I still love them and all, but they don't define my life. I never agreed with them on almost anything even when I was a child.  I knew at 8 years old I thought they were wrong about most things ?

that's the way my father was.  loved his parents, but just couldn't be close to his mom.  i'm starting to see that with my brother in law and his parents.  he was home visiting for the holiday weekend, and he looked miserable.  they have completely different views on almost all subject matters.  they don't argue about it, but he has some serious resentment towards them.  to give you an idea, he's a young, single gay man, and they're hardcore trump supporters.  there's friction there.

Edited by teef

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This is crazy to me because I grew up with a Korean mother and never mentioned this.  Both my mom and I would always hear white people call us Oriental all the time, especially in Georgia (they pronounce Italian EYEtalian), but we knew they just didn't know.  We knew it wasn't the correct way but also know they didn't mean any harm with it.  We just figured they were Boston College educated....

@teef