DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Well I certainly got used to it growing up. 

The NFL and the Eagles organization have done so. I’m interested in hearing from the Carson Wentzes, the Tre Whites, the Josh Normans, or any other player that’s been so outspoken about hate; or really any NFL player at all.

The silence is absolutely deafening.

I believe Carson Wentz said something about having a a conversation with DJ about it.

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don’t disagree, but the context matters.  The “current climate” you’re referring to seems to be at some sort of societal “tipping point” with respect to racism against Blacks.  This has been building for quite some time, it’s structural in nature, it’s been stoked by POTUS, and it represents a severe power imbalance that is systemic.  It’s very different from some idiot parroting Crazy Farrakhan.  

As a Jew, I don’t feel threatened by what DJax said - he basically called me a purple alien.  He’s a moron and possibly mentally ill. I’ve always been troubled by the fringe element of anti-semitism that pervades the Black community and I share the frustration some have expressed here that the Left has a real blind spot when it comes to racism and homophobia by minority groups - there is a tendency to either ignore it or chalk it up to structural causes (“it’s not their fault, they’ve been so oppressed”) - that’s hogwash.  People are people, and many people are bigots.  (Including several posters in this thread hiding behind the “whataboutism”).

But let’s be real here: it’s not Black people shooting up synagogues, typically, it’s radicalized white gun nut nationalists and Islamic-inspired terrorists.  I worry about them, and I worry about far Left professors who cloak their anti-semitism in “colonial studies” garb.  In fact, if you view the political spectrum as a curved circle, anti-semitism is where the Far Right and Far Left meet on the back end - Jim Bob who works at Guns & Ammo in Akron Ohio and Tabitha who owns a lesbian bookstore in Berkeley can’t agree on anything at all, except that Jews are evil.  They can both kiss my Ashkenazi behind.

Don’t give this man a pass in the name of “white gun nuts” ??‍♂️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1108271

Edited by Teddy KGB

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Did I trigger you?  I gave him a “pass” because he’s mental.

I don’t give passes.     Shoot him in the head.  

that goes for the “white gun nuts” if they show up at the synagogue as well ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB

12 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

I believe Carson Wentz said something about having a a conversation with DJ about it.

He said that he “wanted to understand where DJ is coming from”...that’s the exact opposite of condemning it.

I hear zero NFL players speaking out. They need to; the credibility of their movement is at stake.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

That old sayings:  “Ya just can’t fix stupid” comes to mind. That and the classic,  “tis better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt”. 

Does anyone teach or learn about History in school any more , or is the actual reality of how horrible humans treat each other just to much for the snowflakes out there to have to learn about?  Humans are doomed. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He said that he “wanted to understand where DJ is coming from”...that’s the exact opposite of condemning it.

I hear zero NFL players speaking out. They need to; the credibility of their movement is at stake.

Bandit, I was thinking the same thing.  When will these players simply say this is wrong.  I’ve said it before, All Lives Matter.  If someone says these slurs, condemn him publicly.  No matter if it’s against Jewish people, African-American people, etc.  just stop.  Don’t tolerate it.  What is there to talk about?  You can’t write this crap and explain it.  Apologies don’t matter.  

• Like (+1) 2

It's funny. Not 1 peep from NFL players. 

If they want to stop hate and racism in this world, they have to condemn it in every situation.  

Just goes to show BLM is a sham. Not the message  but the Movement. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Cal said:

He will be fine. He has black privilege. If a white said that, they would be cut.

Good call genius.  Riley Cooper says hi.  Do some of you even think or just wanna take extremely  stupid stances?

jackson is an absolute moron.  I think most people without an agenda are fine with him getting cut.  But keep making it something bigger than it is.  Some of the takes on racial issues on this board are flat out embarrassing 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

Bandit.... Do they ever speak out against each other? I can think of far and few times.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Bandit.... Do they ever speak out against each other? I can think of far and few times.

Yeah, part of me do wish they called Jackson out for being an idiot.  But players rarely call other players out.  Brees got called out because he kept the same dumb logic.  Even in calling hmm out, most prefaced it by saying he was a good guy who was just misinformed.

i don’t there is any other view point than Jackson is a complete moron.  I mean Julian Edelman has said anything and he indirectly was attacked. 

DJ responded: "hush up!....we all hate you"

Anyway, after seeing what he posted, do you really have to ask a guy like Jackson "where he's coming from"?

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who had “DeSean Jackson tweeting Farrakhan propaganda and fake Hitler quotes” on their 2020 bingo card?

Well he’s an absolute moron so he would have been on the short list.  The crazy thing is him and Lynch could have degrees from the 22th ranked school in hr country!

12 hours ago, LB3 said:

They spoke out on racism and bigotry. Why are you differentiating for them?

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

Can you give a reasonable explanation why this coverage has been so light?

I don’t get this line of thinking. Only people directly affected by bigotry or racism against people of their common origin should speak out against it?

The coverage has been light?  A quick google search and it pops up everywhere.  It will be talked about on every major sporting outlet today, without fail.

This high standard that athletes are held to is crazy to me.  They spoke out on what they know.  Systemic racism, police brutality, etc. against people of color.  Now they have to be on the front lines of all racism and inequality to be taken seriously?  Is this for all athletes or only black athletes?

Admittedly, I don't know a ton about anti-semitic tropes or the argument of Black Hebrew Israelites.

I fully understand that what Jackson said was ignorant, hurtful and that he should be disciplined for it.  That said, I'm not sure I'd go on a Twitter rant blasting him for it.

• Thank you (+1) 2