DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

1 minute ago, Beast said:

So, how do you feel about Tre White and Jamal Adams remaining silent about this?

I have no personal stake in whether they choose to comment or not. It's of little interest to me.

I was interested in talking to the poster who mentioned the double standard because it touches on the idea that by failing to address or condoning by ignoring other similar instances of racial discrimination, the validity of our grievances are undone. I don't subscribe to that concept. There is an undeniable element of hypocrisy if they don't speak against what Jackson said, but it doesn't negate their original problem in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aren't they more concerned about things that affect them more directly? 

When's the last time you heard a White American refer to Winston Churchill as a genocidal maniac?  Or take up fundraising for the 2005 Kashmir earthquake with equal vigor as for Hurricane Katrina relief?  On the other hand, shouldn't a Pakistani be reasonably expected to be more concerned about the aftermath of Cyclone Yemyin?  I know a Pakistani woman who was horribly upset that more Americans didn't take initiative to donate for relief there.  I was sorry for her distress, but I felt her expectation was unrealistic.

We are all more concerned with problems that affect us - our friends, our families, our communities, our countries. 

Those of us with a sense of social justice put some time and effort into other problems, but we're still likely to regard problems that affect us more personally as more serious.

OK.   Be sure to be equally indignant or offended by everything then.

Uh....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/world-history/winston-churchill-genocide-dictator-shashi-tharoor-melbourne-writers-festival-a7936141.html

This white lady called Winston Churchill a genocidal dictator in the Independent. 

We are all in America. There is no geographical division here.

Also, it’s not like racism isn’t a huge ongoing topic in the NFL currently. You think it’s an unrealistic expectation for NFL players to tell DeSean Jackson he’s an idiot for what he posted. I think if that’s unrealistic, then there’s no shot for meaningful change because there’s zero unity between human beings, only a selfish focus on our own problems and divisions.

That’s really sad.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Use your brain.  You know exactly what I'm talking about!

All I know if this was a White Player who did what this POS did I wouldn’t have first hear about it on this message board 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I have no personal stake in whether they choose to comment or not. It's of little interest to me.

Why am I not shocked?

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I feel that they have personal choice about whether and when to speak out about something and no obligation to stay "up with" and speak out equally about every craptastic comment in the world or against every injustice

And, again, why am I not shocked?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So wait, you don’t think a double standard is being applied with the NFL and media members for boldly taking an extremely vocal stand against a white player making a racist comment, and another white guy talking about disrespecting the flag, but staying mostly silent while a black player peddles raw, frank anti-Semitism?

Did the NFL speak out against a white player (Fromm) making a racist comment?  I musta missed that. 

The Bills made a statement against it.

Did the NFL speak out against a white player  (Rohrwasser)'s white supremicist tattoo?   Did the Patriots team?  I musta missed that too.

The kicker himself disavowed it and said he'd get it removed.

Did the NFL speak out against a white guy (Brees) who opined that kneeling was disrespecting the flag?  Did the Saints organization?

The NFL did speak out about protests, but not against Brees afaik, and I don't recall the Saints criticizing Brees.

The Eagles spoke out against what Jackson posted and Jackson apologized.

Looks to me like the same scope for the same thing.

NOW - are the players, and former players, not nearly as indignant and vocal and speaking up against it?  Fair point.  But as I've pointed out elsewhere, everyone should get to choose what ignites or concerns them, and it's natural for people to be more concerned about what hits closer to home (IMO).

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did the NFL speak out against a white player (Fromm) making a racist comment?  I musta missed that. 

Did the NFL speak out against a white player  (Rohrwasser)'s white supremicist tattoo?   Did the Patriots team?  I musta missed that too.

Did the NFL speak out against a white guy (Brees) who opined that kneeling was disrespecting the flag?  Did the Saints organization?

The NFL did speak out about protests, but not against Brees afaik, and I don't recall the Saints criticizing Brees.

NOW - are the players, and former players, not nearly as indignant and vocal and speaking up against it?  Fair point.  But as I've pointed out elsewhere, everyone should get to choose what ignites or concerns them, and it's natural for people to be more concerned about what hits closer to home (IMO).

When I said the NFL, I meant the players not the organization.

Bigots and racists come in all sizes, shapes and colors. It’s a sad fact of life. I hope we can continue to make progress. It’s not like a light switch, on or off,  but more like a dimmer where we can push it up gradually. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

And, again, why am I not shocked?

Wait, wait, don't tell me...because you agree that people get to choose what injustices they'll speak out against, and there isn't (and shouldn't be) a moral "litmus test" where  I'm not allowed to speak out about one injustice or what one person says, unless I demonstrate equal upset and outspokenness about whatever you deem unjust or offensive?

I'm gonna guess that's not what you had in mind.

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

So Desean Jackson was “speaking the truth” and “trying to educate people” by sharing fake Adolf Hitler quotes with anti-Semitic conspiracy theories? Got it. What a bigoted clown.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

In the mean time we are waiting to hear from the same players who jumped on Brees for his statement,  And where’s ANTIFA on this ?

This is just the craziest time period to live in.. 

A pandemic

A progressive pope

black Hebrew Israelites arguing with Jewish people from the tribe of Judah over who real Jewish people are

Oy vey

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

When I said the NFL, I meant the players not the organization.

So why do the players need to speak out equally about anything despicable or offensive another player says?

Why do you feel that should be some kind of litmus test or requirement?

Do you speak out equally about everything someone else might find despicable or prejudiced or offensive? 

Good for you if so (I guess), but somehow I'm skeptical.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait, wait, don't tell me...because you agree that people get to choose what injustices they'll speak out against, and there isn't (and shouldn't be) a moral "litmus test" where  I'm not allowed to speak out about one injustice or what one person says, unless I demonstrate equal upset and outspokenness about whatever you deem unjust or offensive?

I'm gonna guess that's not what you had in mind.

I know better than to argue with a mod. I’m on my last chance for voicing my Conservative views...so, you win.

• Haha (+1) 1

I cannot understand why on earth he would post something like that in the first place. What did he think would happen?  Really DeSean? Way to show your true colors. Over the top despicable comments.  

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So why do the players need to speak out equally about anything despicable or offensive another player says?

Why do you feel that should be some kind of litmus test or requirement?

Do you speak out equally about everything someone else might find despicable or prejudiced or offensive? 

Good for you if so (I guess), but somehow I'm skeptical.

Wait, so now you’re arguing they personally might not find what DeSean Jackson said despicable?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

black Hebrew Israelites arguing with Jewish people from the tribe of Judah over who real Jewish people are

Is Desean Jackson actually a black Hebrew Israelite follower? 

Gross.  And that would put it about on the same level as Rohrwasser's 3%er tattoo with me.

I kind of thought it was just a random "drive-by"

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn’t one of the slogans in this current movement “silence Is compliance”?  I’ve heard or read this fact argued by numerous figures/athletes during the last months movement. Apparently we get to pick and choose when it actually applies? Or to what races it should apply to? Sorry but I can’t take anyone like that seriously.... a little consistency please. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2