DeSean Jackson posts anti-Semitic messages, quotes Hitler

FireChans

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Y’all remember when players came out and attacked Brees for what he said and how those same players are silent when someone from their own race posted anti Semitic quote from Hitler?

Yes I do, and it's quite telling.

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Y’all remember when players came out and attacked Brees for what he said and how those same players are silent when someone from their own race posted anti Semitic quote from Hitler?

How could we forget it’s been on ESPN for days 

And IMO that someone could even compere what Brees said to this POS( quoting Hitler)  being equally offensive is mind boggling 

These hateful statements should be dealt with in an expedient manner by Lurie and Roseman. If a white player made disgusting ethnic or racial hateful remarks directed at a minority, he'd be cut and vilified immediately. His disingenuous apologies are clearly an attempt to save his job. The problem for Jackson is that in this hypersensitive environment, any acceptance by the Eagles to allow this rhetoric will be viewed as favoritism towards Blacks and supporting anti-semitism. Jewish fans should speak out in condemnation of this display of hate.Anything less than parting company with him should force a boycott by sponsors and ticket holders. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I consider quoting what you believe are Hitler’s thoughts on the Jews and agreeing with it far worse than criticizing holding a protest during the National Anthem because you believe it’s a disrespectful time to do so.

I guess Tre and Jamal and the NFL media don’t.

I don’t really care how fast he apologized tbh.

It's like how the NBA cares about human rights until China comes up. Then mum to real human rights problems.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

These hateful statements should be dealt with in an expedient manner by Lurie and Roseman. If a white player made disgusting ethnic or racial hateful remarks directed at a minority, he'd be cut and vilified immediately. His disingenuous apologies are clearly an attempt to save his job. The problem for Jackson is that in this hypersensitive environment, any acceptance by the Eagles to allow this rhetoric will be viewed as favoritism towards Blacks and supporting anti-semitism. Jewish fans should speak out in condemnation of this display of hate.Anything less than parting company with him should force a boycott by sponsors and ticket holders. 

Considering that both Lurie and Roseman are Jewish, I would say that Jackson is in serious jeopardy of being cut.

2 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

AGREE 1000% !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not that it matters, but Jackson apologized immediately, it didn't take a national backlash for him to realize he may have cost himself a job. Brees was never in danger of losing his job, Jackson will probably get released. This isn't the same controversy.

right... but kinda two totally different scenarios there.

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Considering that both Lurie and Roseman are Jewish, I would say that Jackson is in serious jeopardy of being cut.

maybe he wants to be cut?  Sort of like last offseason with AB and the Raiders.

”Call the GM a ‘cracker’ and wait for your release.  Tom and I will meet you at Boston-Logan Airport to pick you up!”

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

"Black people can't be racist." Fine. But boy does it excuse all kinds of really f-ed up behavior and beliefs. 

Black people can't be racist?

Are you shi77ing me??? What do you think BLM is all about? Getting rid of white influence (people, etc).

BLM are the most racist voice active today. Just pretend otherwise, though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think this will be swept under the rag  and forgotten with in 24 hours ... 

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

right... but kinda two totally different scenarios there.

maybe he wants to be cut?  Sort of like last offseason with AB and the Raiders.

”Call the GM a ‘cracker’ and wait for your release.  Tom and I will meet you at Boston-Logan Airport to pick you up!”

I agree. 

Just now, Poleshifter said:

Black people can't be racist?

Are you shi77ing me??? What do you think BLM is all about? Getting rid of white influence (people, etc).

BLM are the most racist voice active today. Just pretend otherwise, though.

This is a very uninformed, negligent take.

That said, the Black community has a troubling history of anti-Semitism and homophobia.  It’s a fair criticism of the Left that it tends to have a real blind spot for these issues. But it’s a really weak take to suggest that the entire anti-racist movement is somehow delegitimized because one Black dude said something bigoted.  Also, as a Jew, while his statements piss me off, I find them so insane that I can’t get too worked up about them.  The whole thing sounds mental.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Once a schmuck...

dafb37eda8b99019fb2302c64488f703.gif

This play cost me a Fantasy Football Championship that year.  I had a great team (highest scoring that year), but couldn't buy a break in head to head.  Had I made the playoffs, I would have won the championship (yes, I checked).  I missed the playoffs by one game and I lost a game that I would have won if he had just held onto the ball.

I refused to draft him for a few years after that...

•  

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The owner who signs his checks, and the GM who brought him in, are both Jewish.  DJ is a straight up moron.

OJ Simpson... Not a jew! But guess who is hall of famer Rod Carew. 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is a very uninformed, negligent take.

That said, the Black community has a troubling history of anti-Semitism and homophobia.  It’s a fair criticism of the Left that it tends to have a real blind spot for these issues. But it’s a really weak take to suggest that the entire anti-racist movement is somehow delegitimized because one Black dude said something bigoted.  Also, as a Jew, while his statements piss me off, I find them so insane that I can’t get too worked up about them.  The whole thing sounds mental.

You must have not heard of Louis Farrakhan unlike some politician supporters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

You must have not heard of Louis Farrakhan unlike some politician supporters.

He’s mental.  And a raging racist a-hole.  But people like you flocking to this thread to say “See!  I told you they’re all hypocrites!” are just poisoning the discussion.  It’s tiresome and transparent.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Awesome! (+1) 2