What movie has the best soundtrack?

Singles

soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Jimi, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees, Smashing Pumpkins, Chris Cornell,  Heart, Paul Westerberg...

Other songs used in the movie but not included in either edition of its soundtrack are: "Three Days" by Jane's Addiction, "Little Girl" by Muddy Waters, "Dig For Fire" by The Pixies, "Radio Song" by R.E.M., "Blue Train" by John Coltrane, "Family Affair" by Sly & The Family Stone, "She Sells Sanctuary" by The Cult, and "Jinx" by Tad.

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

1) James Newton Howard has a ton of great soundtracks. One of my favorites is M. night’s Unbreakable.

2) Thomas Newman’s Shawshank soundtrack

3) hans summer’s Score to Christopher Nolan’s movie Inception makes that movie.

4) surprisingly good score is Alan Silvestri’s main theme in Castaway. 

When I've got big deadlines at work, I plug in the headphones and listen to all of these. It helps me concentrate. In the same vein, this Max Richter score in the movie Shutter Island is IMO, the best contemporary classical piece out there. His ability to build a sense of hope in an otherwise melancholy song in just beautiful.

12 hours ago, The Dean said:

Great choices so far. 

I'll say The Last Waltz.

Hmmmmm, that's a sneaky loophole you found there. I'll allow it and if we're gonna do that, I'll throw in Stop Making Sense as well.

6 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Hmmmmm, that's a sneaky loophole you found there. I'll allow it and if we're gonna do that, I'll throw in Stop Making Sense as well.

Ehhhhh ... I don't like it.  But what the hell ... I'll submit The Song Remains the Same and Woodstock.

56 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

50 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ehhhhh ... I don't like it.  But what the hell ... I'll submit The Song Remains the Same and Woodstock.

I understand. It was a bit out of the Cheatriots' playbook. So let me make it up to you.

17 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Team America World Police. 

A very solid choice. But if you want to include soundtracks from Musicals, I think South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut is one of the best. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LB3 said:

When I've got big deadlines at work, I plug in the headphones and listen to all of these. It helps me concentrate. In the same vein, this Max Richter score in the movie Shutter Island is IMO, the best contemporary classical piece out there. His ability to build a sense of hope in an otherwise melancholy song in just beautiful.

listening to this now, I distinctly remember this soundtrack, but not much else about the movie. The music is good— really made that movie (which otherwise was pretty meh, at least based on what I remember at the time).

• Like (+1) 1