The Supreme Court Just Pointed Out the Absurdity of the Electoral College. It's Up to Us to End It

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I see it now, But it is waaaaaay too small.

Your eyes are just drawn to that abomination.

She'd bite the head off a bat if it would guarantee her the presidency.

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'll say this, she's clearly committed. 

Well, Vince Foster alone.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Unless i'm losing my mind (possible!) then the real issue of the faithless electors was worry around them voting for Hillary in states that Trump carried, not the other way around?

Actually, in Washington’s case, the three Electors voted for Colin Powell instead of Clinton in the hope that other electors would do something similar and throw the Electoral count out of whack. Then, they hoped, Congress was going to have to settle the election.  Nobody else did that. Their plan wasn’t very well thought out I suppose. So it is similar to your thought, but in a weird way of going about it. 

Some day, we are going to get enough States to approve the “Popular Vote Compact” and then a new challenge will go before the Court to see if that can actually be a substitute to amending the Constitution. If I read Justice Thomas’s  concurring opinion right, it looks like that’s where the future argument might have legs in support of the “Compact”.  I don’t know if that’s what he intended, but he basically said States can do what they want. 

You clowns do know the Donald J Trump was against the EC right?  

Mar 20, 2019 - President Trump, who once called the electoral college “a disaster for a democracy,” ... Elizabeth Warren wants to abolish the electoral college. ... in Kentucky in long-shot bid against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Unless i'm losing my mind (possible!) then the real issue of the faithless electors was worry around them voting for Hillary in states that Trump carried, not the other way around?

Yep. There was a huge push by Democrats and never-trumper Republicans to get electors to jump ship and choose anyone but trump. Ironic that the left is so good at worrying about cheating when their cheating plots don’t work.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Yes, it is common knowledge.

It was one, of the many things, that he is wrong about.

But he still has The U.S. moving in the right direction.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Mar 20, 2019 - President Trump, who once called the electoral college “a disaster for a democracy,” ... Elizabeth Warren wants to abolish the electoral college. ... in Kentucky in long-shot bid against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

I know it’s hard to understand, but the world doesn’t boil down to a yes or no on Trump. 

he was wrong about that then and if he still thinks that, he’s wrong about it now. 

again, if you and your minions want to do away with the EC, amend the constitution. It’s really that simple. Good luck. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Trump was wrong, believe it or not I can disagree with him and still vote for him. I know the lack of purity test is confusing but I pick the best person overall. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It WOULD be a disaster for a democracy.  Good thing we're not a democracy.  Seems to work perfectly for a representative republic, though!

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Is he now?

130 thousand dead, the heartland is breaking records in infections every day 7 months into a pandemic. 

Hows the unemployment rate doing? 

Great job Don.   Great job just great ?? 

Do you really think a different POTUS would have these things looking any different at this point?  

• Like (+1) 1

If and when Texas goes Democrat the EC would favor my side so I am in favor of keeping it and using it to the fullest! 

That and adding ding two more states, DC and PR. 

Cuba? 

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Is he now?

130 thousand dead, the heartland is breaking records in infections every day 7 months into a pandemic. 

It’s like he isn’t really president, it’s more like he’s some dirty scum bag that sits around the WH tweeting but not doing the job, unless he can get on tv 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Winston Zeddemore said:

Based on the options available in 2016, had the other candidate won we would have been in two, if not three, new wars within her first 24 months. Covid wouldn't be a thing, because a lot more people would be dead, and the ones left alive wouldn't have time to give a rat's ass about a bug from which over 99% of people recover. 

Lol 

4 minutes ago, Winston Zeddemore said:

Based on the options available in 2016, had the other candidate won we would have been in two, if not three, new wars within her first 24 months. Covid wouldn't be a thing, because a lot more people would be dead, and the ones left alive wouldn't have time to give a rat's ass about a bug from which over 99% of people recover. 

Living proof that the left doesn't have a monopoly on gibberish.  The have perfected it they just don't have a monopoly. 

27 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Is he now?

Aren't we right on par with total deaths at this point last year? Does he get credit for lowering non- Chinese Flu deaths?

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

He wasn't wrong, the Electoral College is a 'disaster for democracy.'

Thankfully, we don't live in a democracy.

• Like (+1) 2