Should the NFL allow more players this year?

Should the NFL allow more players this year?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. More players or no?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Augie said:

But.....won’t the need meetings by position? All the WR’s in one room, all of the OLine having their meetings. You could have entire positions go down. How do you field a team if one position group is decimated? 

I mean honestly, I don't know how this works. I couldn't imagine a solution that gets 1500 players, plus coaches and staff together, and completes 16 games while traveling to other states and co-mingling, playing, etc. 

Really, the only way I could see it working without a team or two having a total disaster (at minimum) is taking the entire league to Tokyo, repainting the unused soccer fields, housing everybody in the unused Olympic village, and not let anybody in or out for 4-5 months. (this will never happen)

I just had this discussion earlier with a friend. But it seems like the NFL is not reporting active cases among players like the NBA, NHL, and MLB. Those leagues are 30+ players infected, which should put the NFL at 70-90ish. Outside of Sean Peyton, Von Miller, and Zeke, it is crickets. Hell even Clemson was like, "boy we are effed at the moment. Hid your kids hide your wife" If this continues, and there is a league wide outbreak because of lack of transparency, they might find themselves in the same place as they have with CTE, where they are actively suppressing information. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I mean honestly, I don't know how this works. I couldn't imagine a solution that gets 1500 players, plus coaches and staff together, and completes 16 games while traveling to other states and co-mingling, playing, etc. 

Really, the only way I could see it working without a team or two having a total disaster (at minimum) is taking the entire league to Tokyo, repainting the unused soccer fields, housing everybody in the unused Olympic village, and not let anybody in or out for 4-5 months. (this will never happen)

I just had this discussion earlier with a friend. But it seems like the NFL is not reporting active cases among players like the NBA, NHL, and MLB. Those leagues are 30+ players infected, which should put the NFL at 70-90ish. Outside of Sean Peyton, Von Miller, and Zeke, it is crickets. Hell even Clemson was like, "boy we are effed at the moment. Hid your kids hide your wife" If this continues, and there is a league wide outbreak because of lack of transparency, they might find themselves in the same place as they have with CTE, where they are actively suppressing information. 

I suspect they are proceeding under the premise (at least publicly) that they will be able to pull this off, all while knowing that a full season is next to impossible. Right now, they are maintaining their share of attention and media exposure. We are all talking about them, we are looking forward to the season. Football is the King of sports in our country and they want to maintain the throne.  

The offseason is far too long every year. This just may be the longest offseason ever with an eye to 2021, we just don’t want to admit it yet. IF they start, I’m not sure they can finish. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

Add as many practice squad players as you want. That way, decades from now, those guys will be able to tell their grandkids about how they once were NFL football players.   :)

As much as I hate to say it, I’m kinda with @Gugny on this one. Our Mayor is now instituting a mandatory mask policy. We wanted to head to the NC mountains for a little vacation, but found they have a similar policy there. I don’t know how you legally and responsibly pull off an NFL football season in this environment. I’m not afraid or hiding in the house, just being realistic and practical. I’d love to be wrong. 

Here in Tennessee they’re hit and miss all over with mandatory mask policies. 
Some counties have it and others won’t. 
The whole thing is just a hot mess everywhere. Schools open here in a few weeks and they don’t even have a plan of action yet, kinda like the nfl. 
Just a bunch of guinea pigs running in our cages 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Here in Tennessee they’re hit and miss all over with mandatory mask policies. 
Some counties have it and others won’t. 
The whole thing is just a hot mess everywhere. Schools open here in a few weeks and they don’t even have a plan of action yet, kinda like the nfl. 
Just a bunch of guinea pigs running in our cages 

Will the Bills face a two week mandatory quarantine (or whatever the current policy is) after playing the Dolphins on the road?  Do they wear masks in the building? Mandatory where I live now. How do you wear masks in the meeting room, then play football? So many questions, so few answers.    ?‍♂️

Edited by Augie